News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

They blocked the charger site at school!

Started by 41husk, August 23, 2007, 05:18:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

41husk

Hell I may have to find a new job,  The shool filter blocked this site :brickwall:  I need to get me a computer student to get me around BESSE fast :RantExplode:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Ponch ®

Must have been the "Chicks on Chargers" thread that did it!
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

The70RT

I work at a school and the blocked this site there also as of a month ago. I can get on the 70 Charger registry though.........go figure?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

41husk

I am going to talk to the computer guys, I am sure they have a way around it.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

dukeboy_318

I hate besse, that dang thing is stupid :brickwall:, it blocks good sites but doesn't block all the sites that it should, don't ask how I know this ;)
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

dukeboy_318

:smilielol: :smilielol:  Back in highschool, We used to be go in to the tech room and distract the teacher while one of us wrote down the bypassing password for besse that she kept on a list taped to her desk. ;)  Heck that is how I first found this site

CharlieCharger

Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

Drache

back when I was in highschool I found a way around the school's "besse" type program. I was working as a librarian's aide at the time and I told the principal but he didn't believe me. I told the librarian and she called in the school's computer tech who also didn't believe me. So I told him to turn his back for 5 minutes and when he turned back around, I was into the program, locked all the teachers out of it, and turned off all the security programs allowing everyone internet access to any site.

At first I didn't tell him how I did it and so he changed all the passwords to get into the program and fiddle with it some more. Once again I got into it with his back turned. The principal offered to pay me $100 to help the tech fix the problem.

Needless to say all I had to do was going into DOS Prompt, find the program listed, and start it from there. That's all that needed to be done to totally screw up the schools computers. I was hired in my graduation year as an on call security tech when I caught two kids trying to upload a virus onto the computers.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Mr Sixpacks wife

You should come to Sweden, we don't have those filters in school.  :whistling:
440 HP, A833 4 spd, 3.54:1 Dana 60, N96, Pistol Grip

41husk

Quote from: Mr Sixpacks wife on August 25, 2007, 01:21:22 AM

Thats a little drastic just to get around the filter :shruggy:
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

4cruzin

Back in high school we DIDN"T have computers.   :o
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Charger_Fan

Quote from: 4cruzin on August 25, 2007, 01:04:07 PM
Back in high school we DIDN"T have computers.   :o
Same here. We had typewriters...they weren't half as fun. :-\

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

73chgrSE

i think i saw some apple 2c's in the gifted class once. :lol:

The70RT

I don't even think we had electronic calculators when I was in school   :pity:

41husk

1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Mr Sixpacks wife

Quote from: 41husk on August 25, 2007, 11:34:34 AM
Quote from: Mr Sixpacks wife on August 25, 2007, 01:21:22 AM

Thats a little drastic just to get around the filter :shruggy:

Do you think so? We have a lovely country.  :boogie:

Mr Sixpacks wife

In my school we had calculators but wasn't allowed to use them because we had to learn calculate by hand with pen and paper. Sometimes not even use a pen and paper... We had typewriters but computers? Never heard of until yesterday.
Just kidding, my first one I bought was an Apple II, which didn't work quite as it should (used one)... My next one was a PC and first thing I did was to format the computer completely and I had to leave it back to get fixed. My first steps with computers...  :smilielol:

Today I fix my own computers if they don't run as I want to or they need more memories or need to change parts and units inside, I use both Mac G5 and a Dell Workstation. When people blame on computers my first thought is who's behind the keyboard. The computers are way too stupid to do things by themselves.  ;)

Back to topic, I don't understand why filtering out this forum? What's "wrong" with this forum? I don't see any nude pics or bad behaviour. Everything is about cars, cars, and cars.   :cheers:

dukeboy_318

Besse is setup to detect and block chat rooms and forums so thats probably how it got blocked

The70RT

Quote from: dukeboy_318 on August 27, 2007, 09:20:13 PM
Besse is setup to detect and block chat rooms and forums so thats probably how it got blocked

I agree........but I can still get on The 70 Charger Registry & Classiic Ollds.com but not this site...........go figure. The filter they installed on us won't let us go to eBay ether...oh yeah I can still go to moparts too :-\

Brock Samson

back when i was in school we had papyrus and clay tablets oh, and dittos, used to sniff those we did...  :eek2:  high tech was the single overhead projector and the one bell and howell movie projector... not a single B&W TV,
nowadays  kids got cell phones and new BMWs, only cars in H.S. in the '70s belonged to the the drop out pimps and drug dealers and not a single one was an import.   :shruggy:

70charger_boy

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 27, 2007, 11:03:06 PM
  back when i was in school we had papyrus and clay tablets oh, and dittos, used to sniff those we did...  :eek2:  high tech was the single overhead projector and the one bell and howell movie projector... not a single B&W TV,
nowadays  kids got cell phones and new BMWs, only cars in H.S. in the '70s belonged to the the drop out pimps and drug dealers and not a single one was an import.   :shruggy:

and you walked to school up hill both ways, yada yada yada have a drink on me  :cheers:

MOPARHOUND!

Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 27, 2007, 11:16:45 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on August 27, 2007, 11:03:06 PM

........walked to school up hill both ways.............

That was after he fell off his pet dinosaur and broke his rock underwear..............

:icon_smile_big:
1971 Charger R/T, 440 H.P., Auto, A/C Daily Driven (till gas went nuts).  NOW IN CARS FOR SALE SECTION: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,48709.0.html
1969 Charger 318/Auto (latest addtion): http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,31948.0.html
*Speed costs money son, how fast do you want to go, and for how long?"
*"Build the biggest engine you can afford the first time."
*"We normally wouldn't use a 383 for this build, parts and labor for a 440 cost the same."