News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

I got offered a car today....need some opinions

Started by Harlow, August 22, 2007, 07:31:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow

A kid from my school with a 69 road runner (major project) came up to me today and told me about a car his older brother is selling. Its his 53 plymouth 2 door. Flathead six manual transmission(Big old school shifter). The car is rattle can flat black with a white painted top and number 13 decals on the doors. Hes also running straight pipes. The car is ready to drive. I haven't looked real closely at it, but I've seen it driving around. He offered it to me for 1K. What should I do? I want the car, but then again ever car I see for sale I say to myself "I'd like to have that"...What would you do if you were 17 and had about 2K in the bank. I don't need to put anymore money into the satellite. I'm gonna just leave it like it is for now. I would like to get a 2nd gen charger in the near future so I'm thinking maybe I should save my money. Do you think I could get the car, drive it around for a while and then sell it for a profit?

69DodgeCharger

I'd pass and concentrate on what you have. When it's "finished" then get another project
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

mikesbbody

one thing this car has going for it is it is drives, if you think its possible to flip it and make a profit then do it! then again if your saving for that 2nd gen...but you could make more $ if you buy it  :shruggy: sorry im not much help  :icon_smile_big:

moparguy01

I'd drive it, so if I was 17 and had the money I'd buy it, then after that I'd get a second job to replace the money I spent on it, and I'd have a cool car to drive around town.

Charger1973

Fitz73Chrgr

'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

DodgeChargerNeeded

Those kind of cars are really gaining popularity as rat rods, etc. I will definatly buy it for 1k. You can't find anything especially that runs and drives for 1k so I would jump on it. I almost guarantee you could make a profit and probably more than you would think.
Jeff

70charger_boy

First of all,go with your gut.  Go out and look at the car, sit in it, get a feel for it.  You will know if it's the right one.

TUFCAT

Pass!...... its not a desireable car - - and you'd be $2K short for any future plans/projects.  You'll thank me later  :2thumbs:

69CoronetRT

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on August 22, 2007, 07:41:30 PM
I'd pass and concentrate on what you have. When it's "finished" then get another project

Good advice.

"focus grasshopper"

one project and expenditure at a time.... :Twocents:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

68charger383

Pass and save up more money for a better ride. You know if you buy it, you'll start dropping cash into it or something will break and cost you money. Murphy's law
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Khyron

Again I'll go against the grain. Buy it, play with it then sell it for a profit.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 69DodgeCharger on August 22, 2007, 07:41:30 PM

Thats what Im doing ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

terrible one

For $1,000 I'd probably be pretty tempted to buy it. Hell, it's definitely a deal, so if you decide that you don't like it then sell it for a bit of profit!

bull

I don't know that market very well but it seems as if you might be able to flip it for a profit. Maybe hand the guy $750 in cash, goof around with it for 10 months and then sell it at a rat rod show next summer for $2k. :shruggy: Ask Travis what he would do. He's the resident flipper extraordinaire.

tecmopar

If your gonna use it as your everyday car, grab it, what else can you get for 1K that runs and drives, some beat to sh*t Nissan with 200,000 miles on it. Plus theres the cool factor, just about any 2 door, that old is cool, I'd drive it to go get grocerys and to my Friday cruise night just for the hell of it and someone will offer to buy it before you know it.

70charger_boy

Quote from: tecmopar on August 23, 2007, 03:47:03 AM
If your gonna use it as your everyday car, grab it, what else can you get for 1K that runs and drives, some beat to sh*t Nissan with 200,000 miles on it. Plus theres the cool factor, just about any 2 door, that old is cool, I'd drive it to go get grocerys and to my Friday cruise night just for the hell of it and someone will offer to buy it before you know it.

:iagree:  Besides if you look at craiglists you have all these idiots who try to sell classics for 5 grand, because it is a classic and they think its worth a whole lot