News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hummmm, Something doesn't feel right.......

Started by 69chargerboy, August 21, 2007, 12:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69chargerboy

Here's something for you DOH fans...... I don't think I trust the guy... He spelled "actual" "beginning" and "interior" wrong in this description. I thought this ad was interesting.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Charger-Charger-General-Lee-Charger-1969_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ6199QQihZ011QQitemZ320149999535QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

dodgecharger-fan

sitting at $1500 and no reserve...

terrible description

no decent pictures

no documentation

If you could deal in person and get the right paperwork for ownership, $1500 isn't bad for the parts that you might get out of it if it doesn't turn out to be a legit movie car...
Actually, I'd prefer it to be a fake. There'd be pressure to not restore a movie car from what it was in the movie...

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

blackcharger

bull

If good spelling skills were any basis for trust you wouldn't be able to trust 66% of the people on this site. :icon_smile_big:

4cruzin

Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

blackcharger

Quote from: bull on August 21, 2007, 04:58:55 PM
If good spelling skills were any basis for trust you wouldn't be able to trust 66% of the people on this site. :icon_smile_big:

ain't that the truth! but it seems like  e bay brings out the WORST spellers on the planet!

Big Lebowski

His feedback..."Inaccurate ads. Doesn't respond to emails. Rude and untrustworthy" That sums it up.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

BigBlackDodge

You got that riht!

BBD

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Mike DC

Ironically, I'm 100% positive that car itself is legit.  Even if the owner doesn't know enough to convince potential buyers of that fact.

Warner Bros. won't ever give you anything written on paper to prove it, but that's the real deal from the '05 movie.  They trashed it down for the horrible DVD flick.

SRT-440

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 21, 2007, 07:40:23 PM

Ironically, I'm 100% positive that car itself is legit.  Even if the owner doesn't know enough to convince potential buyers of that fact.

Warner Bros. won't ever give you anything written on paper to prove it, but that's the real deal from the '05 movie.  They trashed it down for the horrible DVD flick.

Yeah, isn't that the charger they pulled from "the pond" on the DVD..seems I remember it being that color (if that's what u call it). The charger next to it looks like the one the construction guys beat up at the beginning of the 05 movie cuz looks like some of the spray paint is on that passenger fender still. Either way..I wouldn't pay that for it..doesn't appear to have any straight sheet metal or glass (which they prolly removed if it was the one pulled from the pond).
"It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog..."

2012 SRT8 392 Challenger (SOLD)
2004 Dodge Stage 1 SRT-4 (SOLD)
1970 Plymouth Road Runner Clone w/6.1 HEMI (SOLD)
1971 Dodge Dart w/440 (SOLD)
1985 Buick Grand National w/'87 swap and big turbo (SOLD)

70charger_boy

He probably pulled the vin for a rebody RT????  Run forest runnnnnnnnnn

69chargerboy

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on August 21, 2007, 05:57:30 PM

You got that riht!

BBD

Well, I don't mean anything negative to my fellow members about spelling. I do not put too much faith into someone selling an actual General Lee and have little to no information and numerous spelling errors to boot. At least make somewhat of an effort.... That's my  :Twocents:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

Mike DC

The car IS real, whether the seller can spell or not.  It's one of several '05 movie/DVD Lees that were auctioned off without any VINs in California a few months ago.

I know most guys don't see much difference from one GL to another, but if you get nerdy enough about the TV show then it starts to get obvious really quickly. 
(Hey, some Star Wars fans can identify the differences in the rivets on the handles of Luke's lightsaber between SW and Empire Strikes Back.)

You'll never prove that this car is legit because WB didn't wanna mess with the liability that comes will selling them as what they really are.  When Wayne Wooten got the 17 surviving LEEs from the TV series a while back, he had to go through a real obstacle-course of legal stuff to do it.  It cost many thousands of dollars in total and took over a year.