News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where do you get the plenum box clip pliers?

Started by WH23G3G, August 21, 2007, 12:09:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

WH23G3G

In a 2000 Mopar Muscle issue where Classic Auto Air was rebuilding a plenum box they stated there were pliers specifically for the Mopar plenum clips made by Craftsman. And it stated they wouldn't be too difficult to find. They didn't have a part number or a name of the pliers. I can't find them at any specialty tool shop, Sears, Armstrong tools, KD tools, Snap-On. Where can you get them now? What is the name of them? I cannot get the clips back on without this tool. And I don't want to crack the box.

gasoline_24

Great question.  I have looked all over as well and am coming up with nothing. 

Ghoste

Does Craftsman maintain a website outside of Sears that would help?

WH23G3G

I looked through every page of the current Craftsman tool catalog. I didn't see anything that looked like it. I can't even count the number of people I've asked about this tool including the company Classic Auto Air that rebuilds the plenum boxes. Following their 2000 Mopar Muscle issue I asked two different techs there and they have no idea where to get the pliers or what the name of them are. I asked 10 or 15 mechanics and 4 tool vendors. No one knows where to get or what they are called so that I can know what I'm searching for. I'm skeptical about asking an older Chrysler dealer service center. No one there will probably know. I don't know if Classic Auto didn't want to tell me or they didn't know. It seems like they should know if they redo evaporator boxes all the time.

moparguy01

Just get 2 pairs of pliers, one regular, and one needle nose. Grab the one side with the regular pliers, then the other side with the needle nose, and use the needle nose pliers to pry against the center of the clip. they open enough to get the clips on there. its how i've done it and it doesnt take very long to do it.