News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Hmmmm!!! Hardcore Racing

Started by suntech, August 20, 2007, 11:33:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

suntech

Went to the Hardcore Racing website, www.weracehardcore.com , or better say tryed to!!! Got just a messager from a web host. Did that happen to any of you guys?
:brickwall:
Does´nt look good, with the fact that i have tryed to get hold of them for close to 2 months now, and suddenly the website is gone too.
I was there in their new shop. in June, and they were working on putting things IN to the shop!!! Anybody up in that area, that knows anything??
Rolf
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Ghoste

There's been a couple of threads now that discuss the disappearance.  I also read something about somebody else buying up the tooling from them and trying to continue on.  We'll see.

Mike DC

Seems like Hardcore Racing is really going under.

suntech

Somebody buying their tooling?? Do you know who? they told me that they should have rear quarters, front fenders and doors ready by now, but doesnt help a freak´n bit, if they are not present anymore. !!! :brickwall:
Ohwell, We just have to have faith in Auto Metal Direct. Looks to be searious guys.

Rolf
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Dodge Don

I knew it. Thankfully I got my money back  :yesnod:

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: suntech on August 21, 2007, 07:19:41 AM

Ohwell, We just have to have faith in Auto Metal Direct. Looks to be searious guys.

They've got their 69 tail panels out in the market and they look good. Hopefully, that's a sign of things to come.

nitrousn

If it says hardcore or hardcore has anything to do with it i would have to see and touch it before i would buy it. Bunch of scammers in my opinion.

Ghoste

And see inventory.  You know, money now-parts now.

rlushia

Just to let everyone know and set some records straight. I am the owner of Classic Body Designs Inc. and I own the Charger panel program that was originally owned by Hardcore Racing. I believe they are totally out of business. I used to work for them so I believe I am speaking with confidence in confirming that they are no longer in business. I have nothing to do with Hardcore Racing other than I was an employee who was laid off on July 2nd just like everyone else. I only had to stay around long enough to make sure my investment was safe. I only bought the charger program and have nothing to do with any debt or promises made on behalf of Hardcore Racing. I have the quarter panels in stock and packaged and ready to go and have sold quite a few sets already. I showed them at the Nationals in Columbus and everyone that stopped by seemed to really like them and I think they are a beautiful piece. I can tell you with a few things that I know for sure. They are built in the U.S.  they are packaged  and shipped in the U.S. and they are the quality of which they have been advertised. I sent out emails to everyone that was on the mailing list that came with the company and invited anyone to come and see them being made if they want tell me what area they are from and I will tell them my plans on attended a show in their area. The website is under construction but if you go to classicbodydesigns.com     you can get my number there and feel free to call me. I understand the hesitation and lack of trust some of you might have but I can only do what I can do and I feel this project was worthy of keeping going. With that in mind I am telling you the quarter panels are ready for shipping being shipped and the door skins will be ready to go next week. The door skins are ready it is just the case of getting them boxed. I only ask that you don,t blast me with questions about Hardcore Racing as I honestly don't know the answers and feel it would be not my business to tell if I did. In my eyes they went out of business like many companies are these days and I was let go like everyone else involved. I thank you guys in advance as I met quite a few in Columbus and seems like the Charger Lovers are good people.    Thanks again Ron Lushia   Classic Body Designs Inc.

Dodge Don

Quote from: rlushia on September 21, 2007, 07:15:20 PM
Just to let everyone know and set some records straight. I am the owner of Classic Body Designs Inc. and I own the Charger panel program that was originally owned by Hardcore Racing. I believe they are totally out of business. I used to work for them so I believe I am speaking with confidence in confirming that they are no longer in business. I have nothing to do with Hardcore Racing other than I was an employee who was laid off on July 2nd just like everyone else. I only had to stay around long enough to make sure my investment was safe. I only bought the charger program and have nothing to do with any debt or promises made on behalf of Hardcore Racing. I have the quarter panels in stock and packaged and ready to go and have sold quite a few sets already. I showed them at the Nationals in Columbus and everyone that stopped by seemed to really like them and I think they are a beautiful piece. I can tell you with a few things that I know for sure. They are built in the U.S.  they are packaged  and shipped in the U.S. and they are the quality of which they have been advertised. I sent out emails to everyone that was on the mailing list that came with the company and invited anyone to come and see them being made if they want tell me what area they are from and I will tell them my plans on attended a show in their area. The website is under construction but if you go to classicbodydesigns.com     you can get my number there and feel free to call me. I understand the hesitation and lack of trust some of you might have but I can only do what I can do and I feel this project was worthy of keeping going. With that in mind I am telling you the quarter panels are ready for shipping being shipped and the door skins will be ready to go next week. The door skins are ready it is just the case of getting them boxed. I only ask that you don,t blast me with questions about Hardcore Racing as I honestly don't know the answers and feel it would be not my business to tell if I did. In my eyes they went out of business like many companies are these days and I was let go like everyone else involved. I thank you guys in advance as I met quite a few in Columbus and seems like the Charger Lovers are good people.    Thanks again Ron Lushia   Classic Body Designs Inc.

Ron, I recall you were the sales manager at Hardcore.

I noticed you did not quote a price for them.....so how much? I'm assuming you aren't trying to charge $2400 a side anymore.

Also, I know that there were problems with the test fittings for a Mopar magazine....they fit poorly and were to be scrapped and re-tooled to correct the problems. Was this done? Have they been test fitted?

I understand you want to keep this alive but some of this "baggage" from the Hardcore fiasco needs to be answered.

nitrousn

Yeah i got one of rons e-mails. 2,500.00 A PANEL DELIVERED. No way. AMD will have thiers released hopefully next month at about 1/3 the cost. I will wait.

hemi-hampton

Ron, You say in your message people are invited to see these being made. I'd like to see these getting made. I have a Question, If these are being made in the U.S.A., Then Where. I'm Guessing in Sterling Heights, Michigan. I live nearby.  I'd like to stop by to see these being made if possible. THANKS, LEON. :scratchchin:

rlushia

Yes Leon    Give me a call this week and I will arrange to take you to the plant. I have no problem doing that. Yes the retail price is $2,495.00 but I have some dealer pricing,and would love to discuss it with anyone that wants to give me a call. These panels are made in the U.S. and shipped from the U.S. and the quality excellent. Yes there was a fit problem on the first run. The whale tail was off no more than a eight inch and yes that has been corrected and I might add a very expensive correction. I am hiding nothing when it comes to what I am doing with this program. I only asked that you didn't blast me with Hardcore Racing questions that I can,t honestly give you an answer to because I don,t know. The owner treated me fairly and I do understand that when a business closes it is not good for anyone but it happens everyday. I chose to accept it for what it is and try to move on with my life. Hardcore Racing was a lot bigger than I think anyone could realize. When you take into consideration that they did Retail parts, engine building, Dyno testing both chassis and engine, a new car up-fitting program which is what I did for them, creating new programs such as the Charger program and new engine programs. Then throw in the fact that they had a state of the art race team you can see where the payables can start out numbering the receivables. I saw the Charger program as a program that was good and needed, so I purchased it. I hope I made the right decision. I would love to be able to charge what the price is on parts made across the sea but it can,t work that way. I can,t be made in this country for that and from all the conversations I have had with Charger knowledgable people panels made in America with Quality was much needed. I hope you will take the time to call me and discuss my company with me. I am far from beyond listening to suggestions and advice from people that want me to be successful in the venture.  classicbodydesigns.com  for more info on contacting me    Thanks everyone   Ron Lushia

JR

I still think of the wasted jumped 69 RT everytime the name Hardcore Racing comes up.  :RantExplode:
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

C500

Ron, how about offering a "group buy" scheme for members on this site? What sort of price could you offer?  :shruggy:

kiwi
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

AKcharger

I'm willing to give you a chance Ron...keep us posted when you're ready for full scale production...and groups sale price would be cool after all this forum would account for a good percentage of your business

AK

69bronzeT5

Quote from: JR on September 22, 2007, 07:39:58 AM
I still think of the wasted jumped 69 RT everytime the name Hardcore Racing comes up.  :RantExplode:

:yesnod: :brickwall:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

suntech

As you can see, i am the guy that started this tread.
Totally agree with AKcharger, her. Lets give Ron a chance, and see the product.
We are now in a great situation, compared to 6 months ago, with no options for full rear quartes. Now we have 2 manufactors that can compete in quality and price! :2thumbs:
We will all have the answers when both are out on the market.

A34

Quote from: suntech on September 23, 2007, 03:39:53 AM
As you can see, i am the guy that started this tread.
Totally agree with AKcharger, her. Lets give Ron a chance, and see the product.
We are now in a great situation, compared to 6 months ago, with no options for full rear quartes. Now we have 2 manufactors that can compete in quality and price! :2thumbs:
We will all have the answers when both are out on the market.

A buddy of mine is test fitting the AMD stuff at his shop. So far, it seems to be good and fits nicely. He expects to test fit the quarters in the next few months. The first prototype quarter was damaged in shipping, waiting on the replacement now. Sad, that they have to come from overseas, but it is what it is.

With that being said, all you guys hoarding original quarters, gimme a call when you decide to buy the repro stuff, I'll take all the original stuff I can get my hands on.  :2thumbs:
Looking for NOS parts for 69 Charger - whatcha got?
God Bless America, Our Troops and Their Families !
Deo Vindice

rlushia

Hi again guys and gals

I want to thanks those that have said they will give me a chance to prove my product. I said before and will say again, I am open to advice and ideas. With that said I will definately consider a group buy. There are some things to work out but if someone wants to take the lead and contact me we can work out some details.  Thanks again and hope you all are having a great weekend.

Ron Lushia
Classic Body Designs Inc.