News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Remember my cousin's 69...........................

Started by Charger4404spd, September 23, 2005, 05:10:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger4404spd

...............seen him today and asked him if he fixed the 440. Spun a rod bearing during racing season last year. Seems he still wants my Harley, so I think there will be talks going on to come to an agreement on a trade. This is a real R/T he has owned sinse 1970. Yep hes the second owner. The Charger was originally B5, 440, 727 with black top and interior. Unfortunately, he trashed all the interior years ago when he hit the dragstrip with it. If a trade is made, my plans are to race it for a while (I really miss the track) and while doing so, collect all the interior parts I need to make it a street/strip car. Heres a pic of it taken back in the 80's. Still looks the same although the paint is a little more dull and the lettering is gone.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Turn key car?  Looks like an easy fix to bring it back to street trim......its not tubbed is it?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Charger4404spd

I will need a COMPLETE interior, instrument cluster, door glass, quarter glass, etc. Not to mention all the window regulators, etc. The factory wheel wells were sliced and about a 3 inch piece added to them to clear the 14x32 slicks. Still looks factory for the most part.

Charger4404spd

Yes turn key. Thats after he puts the crank back in. Its a 440, .030 over, 12.5's, 650 cam, tunnel ram with 2 Holley 750's, 727 with trans brake and Dana 60 with a 5.38 gear.

Charger_Fan

That would be cool, you could have the best of both worlds that way. :icon_smile_big:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Blown70

I will be very jealous of that.    Looks like a nice race car, even better if you could rumble down the street. ;D

6pkrunner

You've already got a street car. Leave it and play racer for a while as you collect parts for the resto. Then when all the parts are ready you can resto it any day you want and still play at the track. ;D

mustanghater

New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

firefighter3931

Quote from: Charger4404spd on September 23, 2005, 05:19:09 PM
Yes turn key. Thats after he puts the crank back in. Its a 440, .030 over, 12.5's, 650 cam, tunnel ram with 2 Holley 750's, 727 with trans brake and Dana 60 with a 5.38 gear.

Nice car....sounds like a lot of fun. The 5.38's are awefully steep....this is definately an 1/8th mile car !

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Just 6T9 CHGR

PS----if and when you get it dont forget to register ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Afflyer

Man!   That looks like Darth Vader on wheels! What a monster of a machine!   :icon_smile_tongue:
Retired USAF C-130H3, C-130E, MC-130E, MC-130W Flight Engineer

1969 Charger 440/4bbl "Hemi Orange Mistress"
2009 Hemi Ram 1500 Sport Special Crew Cab "Black Betty"
2011 BMW X5 3.5i "Heidi"

LivedodgeItaly

...ohm you lucky guy!!!! good trade I think  :icon_smile:
         Andrea

cudaken

What kind of times did it run?

Dash is a pain in the Chevy, but so are Harleys so you are up to the task.

Ah, hee, hee, hee. Want to trade 69 Charger Bodys? Think my 440 would be happer in that Charger than mine.! ;D

Cuda Ken
I am back

Charger4404spd

Yeah firefighter, its set up fot the 1/8th mile.

Cudaken, it used to run 6.90's. Last time out in was 7.0's.  Its still heavy, only f'glass is the hood.

Mefirst

If it was me, Id just do a custom interior and leave it to be a strip/hot street ride.. That ride looks awsome just like it is.. If you have more pics of it, please post them :2thumbs:

/Tom

Charger4404spd

Thats all I have at the moment. I am going by his house next weekend to discuss the trade. I will try to get some shots then.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Charger4404spd on September 25, 2005, 03:36:47 PM
Yeah firefighter, its set up fot the 1/8th mile.

Cudaken, it used to run 6.90's. Last time out in was 7.0's.   Its still heavy, only f'glass is the hood.

Not bad for a heavy car....6.90's works out to high 10's in the 1/4. That's what it would run if it had enough motor to tolerate the 5.38's but that would have to be high winding bullet !   :o

5.38 + 32in tire at 122mph (high 10's) = 7100 rpm (not including converter slip)

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs