News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

To buy or not to buy

Started by Augusto, August 20, 2007, 03:18:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Augusto

Hello everybody,

I´ve been looking for a Charger for quite long time, sometimes the car is expensive (mostly), sometimes a pile of junk, sometimes is already sold...

Being from Spain the task is more difficult.  

I´ve been looking for this car, I am not a Charger expert, what do you think?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=001&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=110155339154&rd=1

Perhaps someone know this car?

Augusto from Spain

bull

I noticed that car yesterday and thought it looked pretty good but if you're really interested I would suggest you hire someone in Denton, Texas to have a look at it for you.

dodgecharger-fan

Definitely get someone to look it over for you. That fender tag has a LOT of paint on it.
That doesn't mean there's a problem, but I think a thorough inspection would be in order before a deal was made.

The car DOES look to be in great condition and the price isn't too bad.

The70RT

:iagree: Someone needs to see how much rust there is..was & if it was done right or not.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

68charger383

I've used a place called carchex http://carchex.com to look over cars. Costs about $100-$150. They will send a mechanic to look over the car. They pretty much test the lights, look for fluid drips and obvious rust, paint and scratches etc..depends on the person they send. It is better than nothing. I would also check with a shipper before buying the car to see how much it will cost to ship it to Spain. Probably will require the car being shipped to Miami and then loaded on a boat to Spain. That may be another $3,000.00 on top of the cost of the car.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

bull

chargerboy69

Quote from: 68charger383 on August 21, 2007, 12:36:41 PM
That may be another $3,000.00 on top of the cost of the car.

It might be a bit more than that. We just shipped a 1966 Hemi Charger to Australia a couple months ago. If I am not mistaken the cost was around $7000.00 for the trip.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

suntech

I have got a quote from Newark NJ, to Norway, 1400 usd, plus app 400 usd in local charges here. Takes it to Oslo, the capital in Norway. There is no reason that shipping to Spain chould cost any more, from the eastcoast. If the car is driveable, do like i did. Jump on a plane, and drive the car to the east coast!! a roundtrip flight ticket is not more than 8-900 usd, and you don´t get much landfreight for that money. Plus the adventure!!!!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

The70RT

Quote from: chargerboy69 on August 21, 2007, 01:05:54 PM

It might be a bit more than that. We just shipped a 1966 Hemi Charger to Australia a couple months ago. If I am not mistaken the cost was around $7000.00 for the trip.

Sounds like U got screwed
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

chargerboy69

Quote from: The70RT on August 21, 2007, 04:50:23 PM
Quote from: chargerboy69 on August 21, 2007, 01:05:54 PM

Sounds like U got screwed

Not me. The buyer set it up, and paid for it. It must have been sitting on a throne of pillows all the way there for that kind of money.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Augusto

Thanks you all for all your suggestions :2thumbs:

Yes, the cost of shipping from the States to Spain is $1500-2000. (Port taxes and customs fees excluded).

Bull, I do not want to bother anyone, I wondered perhaps someone on this forum know the car.  About the price, I really don´t know why this car is still for sale, it really looks good to me.

Yes, I am consider to flight to see the car in person, only if it not sells on the auction, but, to be honest, I prefer to buy a car to someone on this forum, I think it will be more reliable.

Let´see. Thank you again for your help.