News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

woohoo, smoke them tires baby (pics)

Started by CB, August 20, 2007, 11:10:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CB

:D

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

69chargerboy

My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

six-tee-nine

Seems like you got that engine tuned nicely there

Too bad we did'nt get the chance to meet at the APOW meeting last weekend.

BTW my '69 has arrived since 2 weeks now...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

JR

Awesome. I have to ask though. Any Charger here in the states turns heads, what is the usual reaction from the unsuspecting public in Belgium? How do they react to that sinister looking muscle car when you drive it?
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

terrible one

Nice! Haha don't you love doing a huge burnout like that and then seeing your marks every day afterwards when you pass by the same spot?

suntech

Im From Norway, and i  went to Paw- Paw, just outside Chicago, to pick up my 68 Charger, and drive it to the eastcoast. It is looking ok on 50 feet distance, but i consither it a project car. I was amazed with the attention it got in the US!!!! I had people pulling up on my side on the freeway, giving me thumbs up, and when i pulled over for gas, lots of people in their 60´s came over to have a look!! Here in Europe, you get attention from people that think they are looking nice, and so on, but in the States, you also have a lot of people that seeing a car like that brings back old memories!! That is the cool thing !! When i was at the counter, waiting to pay for gas, somewhere in Ohio, an old gray(blue)haired lady came over to me and asked: Is that your ride out there son??? THAT, i think, will not happen in Europe!!
Since we only live once, and all this is not just a dressed rehearsal, but the real thing............ Well, enjoy it!!!!

Big Lebowski

Cool dude, I see you fixed whatever it was that kept it from doing a killer burnout. :2thumbs:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

CB

Quote from: JR on August 20, 2007, 10:30:10 PM
Awesome. I have to ask though. Any Charger here in the states turns heads, what is the usual reaction from the unsuspecting public in Belgium? How do they react to that sinister looking muscle car when you drive it?

I get Whoo! and Whaa! all the time when cruising around. Thumbs up, smiles, people asking to rev the engine and so on.  :yesnod:  It turns heads everywhere I go  ;)
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

CB

Quote from: terrible one on August 20, 2007, 10:31:13 PM
Nice! Haha don't you love doing a huge burnout like that and then seeing your marks every day afterwards when you pass by the same spot?

I don't dare to hang around that neighborhood, I think last time they were calling the cops  :slap:
I did some burn outs and donuts, that road has much rubber on it now...
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

CB

Quote from: Big Lebowski on August 21, 2007, 12:24:27 AM
  Cool dude, I see you fixed whatever it was that kept it from doing a killer burnout. :2thumbs:

I changed out the back tires (275's). I used my old front wheels, put smaller 20 bucks junk tires (215's) on it.
Now I can boil them like nothing. But still have to use the brakes...
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

six-tee-nine

Quote from: JR on August 20, 2007, 10:30:10 PM

Well let's put it this way :

Last weekend i went to a US car meet. Really lots of cars (500+ i guess) tonns of Mustangs but only 3 Chargers (1 3rd gen and 2 2nd gen's). By the way CB's 69 was one of those 2.

Don't get me wrong, a mach 1 fastback Stang is a nice car but everyone all over the world knows it. And that's why i just like the Charger more....
It's kind of a quest for me to get people that far that when you say muscle car they don't automatically say Mustang........ BUT CHARGERRRRRRRR :D

So Chargers are really very VERY rare here and when someone (who knows what it is) spots one, they can't stop looking...
Greetings from Belgium, the beer country

NOS is nice, turbo's are neat, but when it comes to Mopars, there's no need to cheat...

Mefirst

LivedodgeItaly

cool CB !!!!   :cheers:
still having fun with it..weren't you meaning to sell it ?? Well, till you have it, why not :-)

Andrea

CB

Quote from: LivedodgeItaly on August 22, 2007, 10:31:23 AM
cool CB !!!!   :cheers:
still having fun with it..weren't you meaning to sell it ?? Well, till you have it, why not :-)

Andrea

I don't feel the need now but I can asure you that owning, mantaining and driving a Charger means big $$$.
Maybe a bit above my budget :'(
1968 Dodge Coronet 500

LivedodgeItaly

..I'm pretty sure about it.
I own and maitain many "toys":

1994 Toyota land cruiser kzj 73 3.0 Td   :2thumbs:
VW golf R32 3.2 v6 2002        :drool5:
Honda Xr 400cc supermotard 2001 (to be sold in some weeks)      :rotz:
Suzuky Rm 250 2002          :coolgleamA:

All registerd and insured... heavy taxes, spare parts  ect.... I spend lotta $$$ cash too, but not for a Charger (yet...)   :'(

I'm still looking around, getting informations and saving money.
Sometimes I think of selling the Golf for a 68/69 charger...but not decided yet

In case you may decide to sell it to...italy..let me know !!!

Andrea