News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Finally I finished!

Started by ChargerRT440, August 19, 2007, 11:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChargerRT440

I finally finished the work I was doing to the pair of fords my fiance's family owns. Finished replacing the heads on my fiance's 94 Ford Thunderbird. Engine overheated and warped the stockers. spent some money to get them redone. and then new gaskets. I ripped it all apart last week myself and then the next day me and my dad put everything back togetherwell today after a week of having no time to button it all up we went back over there and finished it and started the car. Such a great feeling. Gotta love when you get something back together and it works right. I kow it's just a ford but what an accomplishment! I've never had to fix anything like that and doing it right and having it work just feels so good especially after worrying about it for so long.

then there was her brother's tempo. had an oil leak so I had to pull the oil pan off and fix it. following the directions of the haynes book they bought I went and tapped the oil pan with a rubber mallet and I ended up putting a hole in it. So I ran to a local wrecking yard in the morning and bought a new one for 10 bucks stupid crappy ford aluminum oil pans. found out the valve cover gasket is leaking to and their exhaust manifold is warped.

again stupid crappy fords. but I'm happy I finished and quite please with myself. :D

ChargerSG

Good work :2thumbs: Even thou it was a Ford :icon_smile_big:
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Charger_Fan

Quote from: ChargerRT440 on August 19, 2007, 11:01:12 PM
I went and tapped the oil pan with a rubber mallet and I ended up putting a hole in it.
That's more than just a tap. :nana:

Regardless, congrats! I agree, it's nice to fix a car & actually get it FIXED! :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

terrible one

I know the feeling. No matter what you're working on, undertaking a repair, either big or large, especially on someone else's vehicle and coming out with everything as it should makes me feel really good. Good job!  :cheers:

The70RT

If you fart the wrong way those 3.8 ford V6 heads warp. If you think it's all over.....don't speak too soon.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us