News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

STANDUP' Gen Lee for sale on Ebay.........

Started by R2, August 19, 2007, 11:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghoste

Asephton

Quote from: Really? on October 30, 2007, 02:43:23 AM
I don't visit the forum often, and usually it's at odd hours.  Kinda thought this was funny to see, because when the "Stand Up General Lee" was brought back into the public eye, I saw it at the Mopar Show in Bellevue,WA several years ago. I just thought it was some zealous fan of the show that had started creating an exhibition car sometime  below and lost interest (it looked neglected and liked it had been hacked on). The following year I was at the show and chatting with Rob Wolf at the MCG booth when the dude who had brought the car back out started screaming about how he was tricked into bringing it out, how it had been stolen from him by Sephton, and how he was going to go after everybody who helped 'steal' the car from him. Rob just handled it very calmly, kept his cool, went about repping MCG, and blew the guy off- that really pissed him off and he stormed away. Kinda followed the story since- in my opinion it'll never have the 'full' positive ending it should have because Mr.Sephton has passed. Hopefully his daughter (Amanda) will get it in the end and it won't be a bittersweet thing for her-I could state my thoughts on this further, but it's not mine or anybody else place to interject that. All I will say is whoever buys that car is an idiot because of all the legal issues surrounding it. :yesnod:

Besides crazed serial killers, there are so vehicular treasures that end up here in Seattle. The "SuperCharger" concept car lived up here for many years, the designer/stylist of the '68-'70 Charger worked at Boeing (was a friend/co-worker of my buddy Mike Christensen's dad AND Bob Kropp ended up w/his convertible Charger exercise and gold '68 Charger when he retired), Bill Gates has a Porsche 959 and a McLaren F1 that make appearances every so often, the 'Cuda convert that was the inspiration for "Nash Bridges" is from here, Jim Green has some Ford SOHC motors, Galen found a GTX badge at the same show that were never released ('72 style/design exercises, I believe), et cetera.

Thank you for that!!!!! It helps to have people behind me
Scars are souveniers we never lose, and the past is never far...

Asephton

Quote from: Really? on November 03, 2007, 12:50:27 AM
I think she ran off...Rich must have taught her to avoid a bunch of dirty old men :icon_smile_tongue:. Good for him, just goes to prove that material possessions are not what truly stick with our heirs in the end. I'll be sure to copy the page from his book and give it to my daughters.

If you only knew....... ;D My Dad used to carry a shotgun when we would go to car events..... It was for my own good though. There is a lot of crazy people out there

RD

Quote from: Asephton on November 03, 2007, 07:29:36 PM
Quote from: Really? on November 03, 2007, 12:50:27 AM
I think she ran off...Rich must have taught her to avoid a bunch of dirty old men :icon_smile_tongue:. Good for him, just goes to prove that material possessions are not what truly stick with our heirs in the end. I'll be sure to copy the page from his book and give it to my daughters.

If you only knew....... ;D My Dad used to carry a shotgun when we would go to car events..... It was for my own good though. There is a lot of crazy people out there

Amanda, no crazy people here... just lunatics.. there is a difference right?  :angel: hehe
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

70charger_boy

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

70charger_boy

Asephton

Quote from: RD on November 03, 2007, 08:13:36 PM
is this the car?

http://www.racingjunk.com/post/1009777/69-charger-wheel-stander.html

Sure sounds like it to me..... I don't think there is an abundance of 1969 Charger wheelstaders in the world. esp. not in WA state..... Here we go again  :brickwall:  :icon_smile_angry:

RD

yeppers, sorry to bring it to your attention amanda...  was just browsing and found it.

Asephton

Quote from: RD on November 04, 2007, 06:15:00 PM
yeppers, sorry to bring it to your attention amanda...  was just browsing and found it.

No... Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I guess people never learn.....  :shruggy:

Really?

Greed and stupidity go hand-in-hand most of the time; if it doesn't  start off that way in the beginning stupidity arrives in the picture with a vengeance at a later date.

RD

Quote from: Asephton on November 04, 2007, 07:24:58 PM

No... Thank you for bringing it to my attention. I guess people never learn.....  :shruggy:

Amanda,

You got anymore pics of that 72 with the 73/74 bulge hood?  That looks cool!

Asephton

Quote from: RD on November 05, 2007, 10:32:22 AM
Quote from: Asephton on November 04, 2007, 07:24:58 PM

Amanda,

You got anymore pics of that 72 with the 73/74 bulge hood?  That looks cool!

Unfortunatly not..... lol ya my Dad always joked around when people asked what year it was... he always replied "It's a 70-1-2-3." The car is actually waiting to be restored. New engine, new paint, etc

ChargersETC..ETC..

Don't know if this is old news or not  :shruggy: but it looks like the  Standup General Lee is listed  for sale on Ebay again  :popcrn:

TUFCAT

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STANDUP-GENERAL-LEE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ80766QQihZ005QQitemZ150185260053QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Ruh-roh.  After the current beating the bitch wife of Bryan Batch just received from Rob Wolf in MCG....it's a wonder she would try to sell it again.  So much for integrity.  :-\

The70RT

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 20, 2007, 08:15:10 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/STANDUP-GENERAL-LEE_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ80766QQihZ005QQitemZ150185260053QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWDVW

Ruh-roh.  After the current beating the bitch wife of Bryan Batch just received from Rob Wolf in MCG....it's a wonder she would try to sell it again.  So much for integrity.  :-\

No pics except for the one. I guess they figure a person that wants to pay over 100K already knows what it is. To me it don't mean anything. I would sell it for no reserve at BJ's and be done with it.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

FastbackJon

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 20, 2007, 08:15:10 PM

Wife?? Where did you get that? The seller of the car and Bryan are no relation.   :rotz:

Part of me would like to see it sold, so the current owners don't get hounded anymore. Part of me would like to see it stay in town. I remember seeing the car growing up, they had it out and about at car shows around here, I can attest to that. Unlike the false reports, it was never "in hiding" or any of that BS.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Troy

What happened to our eagle-eyed readership??? You guys are slackers...

I'm not in a warning kind of mood either so keep it civil.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Mike DC

I just hope the car ends up in a decent person's hands and the fighting can end. 

Seems like both sides have gotten to the point of being more wound-up over the princple of the thing than they even want the car anymore.  I find that totally understandable but just unfortunate that it had to come to this.  The car has been pretty much lost to the hobby as long as it's been locked up in legal battles. 

But what's there to say? 
If I felt ripped out of the car then I wouldn't back down either. 

70charger_boy

That ebay ad looks like a scam.  The pic posted was not contained in the original ad.  If you ask me I'll say it is a punk pulling a practical joke.

TUFCAT

I agreed with Charger Boy, so I went back to the ebay hyperlink (from page 1 of this thread). Both ebay ads are listed by the same seller. This time however, the description is much more vague, and the statement "WILL UPLOAD PICTURES AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE" seems very odd. 

Ghoste

The car is cursed forever and that is all there is to it.

The70RT

Quote from: TUFCAT on November 20, 2007, 11:57:33 PM
I agreed with Charger Boy, so I went back to the ebay hyperlink (from page 1 of this thread). Both ebay ads are listed by the same seller. This time however, the description is much more vague, and the statement "WILL UPLOAD PICTURES AS THEY BECOME AVAILABLE" seems very odd. 

Yeah but like I was saying, if anyone is interested they seen it already. And for 100K.... :rotz:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

elamotr

HI ALL IVE GOT SOME NEW INFO FIRST OF ALL BRYAN BATCH COMMENT ABOUT A BITCH WIFE THATS WRONG GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT DO SOME RESEARCH BRYAN WAS A GUY THAT HUNG AROUND WITH THE REAL OWNER STEVE HUGHES WHO IS NOW PAST AWAY HIS WIFE HAS OWNERSHIP EVERYONE SEEMS TO TAKE RICHARDS SIDE OF THIS ARGUMENT DOES ANYONE CARE TO EVEN CONSIDER THAT THERE WAS WRONG DOING ON THERE SIDE I MEAN THINK ABOUT IT IF SOMEONE SAID SOMETHING ABOUT YOU WOULDNT YOU GET TIRED OF HEARING IT AND GET A LITTLE UPSET THIS CAR IS JUST A CAR SO WHAT RICHARD SEPHTON BUILT IT HES DEAD NOW AND IF YOU GO BACK TO EBAY YOU WIL SEE THE SIGNED BILL OF SALE FROM RICHARD SEPHTON SO ALL OF YOU GUYS THAT WANT TO THINK IT WAS STOLEN NOW WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY DID I FORDGE HIS SIGNATURE HE LIED TO ALL YOU DUKES FANS SO THERE NOW WHAT ARE YOU GONNA SAY ABOUT IT ..AS FOR BRYAN HE WAS JUST AS CROOKED LOOK INTO WHAT THE COURTS SAY ABOUT IT IT IS PUBLIC RECORD AS IS THE FINDINGS IN THE COURT AS TO OWNERSHIP ARE ANYOF YOU AWARE OF THE FACTS ..CUT THE CRAP AND BADMOUTHING ONCE AND FOR ALL AND MCG OH YEA WELL THEY WERE WRONG TOO THEY DIDNT EVEN CARE TO HEAR THE OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU...THINK THIS WHEN YOU WERE YOUNG AND YOUR MOTHER CAUGHT YOU DOING SOMETHING TO YOUR SIBLING SHE NEVER JUST LISTENED TO YOUR SIDE SHE ALWAYS ASKED YOUR SIBLING THATS HOW MOST OF US WERE TAUGHT AND IF YOU DONT CARE TO HEAR THE OTHERSIDE ITS BECAUSE YOU KNOW YOU WERE WRONG AND YOU DONT WANT TO GET CAUGHT FACE IT THEY LIED TO YOU NOT THAT IT MATTERS BUT WAKE UP PEOPLE NOT ALL YOU HEAR IS THE TRUTH YOU CANT TAKE WHAT ONE PERSON SAYS AND NOT LISTEN TO THE OTHER PERSON AND THATS WHAT ALL OF YOU PEOPLE HAVE DONE I KNOW YOU ARENT GOING TO RAISE YOUR CHILDREN UP THAT WAY OH WELL HAVE FUN WITH ALL THIS AND HAPPY BIDDING..GOD BLESS YOU ALL I HOPE THE REST OF YOUR LIVES ARE BETTER THEN THE PAST :coolgleamA: :nana: :RantExplode: :lol: :flame: :eyes: :yesnod: :drool5: :icon_smile_cool: :popcrn: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :angel: :flame: :pity: :pity: :pity: :pity: :pity: :pity: :pity: :pity: :pity: :pity: :2thumbs:SEEYAAA