News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

STANDUP' Gen Lee for sale on Ebay.........

Started by R2, August 19, 2007, 11:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Asephton

Quote from: kikgas01 on August 24, 2007, 08:35:32 AM
Quote from: Asephton on August 24, 2007, 02:38:07 AM
Quote from: kikgas01 on August 23, 2007, 09:02:43 AM
Like her ebay ad says. I would as well like to see it go over a cliff full throttle. WITH THAT BITCH IN IT!!!!! With a HUGE explosion.I hope her seatbelt sticks.

Tee hee hee.... :lol: Now that's funny right there....
Hey. Did ya get my email?? :icon_smile_big: :shruggy:
Ya I registerd just waiting for them to activate my account
Scars are souveniers we never lose, and the past is never far...

Charger1973

Amanda, I really hope you get Rich's car back... in my opinion it should have been returned to him years ago.  Besides, I know it means alot more to you than that crazy auction lady... 

Asephton

Quote from: Charger1973 on August 24, 2007, 09:22:12 PM
Amanda, I really hope you get Rich's car back... in my opinion it should have been returned to him years ago.  Besides, I know it means alot more to you than that crazy auction lady... 
Aww... Well Thanks!! It is nice to have support  ;D

TUFCAT

I was thinking about this thread and just clicked on the ebay link - $81,600 and did not sell.  I guess buyers are hesitiant to bid on something in such controversy.

That car should bring $200k - without all the issues! 

The70RT

I guess if someone else may get rights to it why bother. No use in going to jail or court for a GL that isn't even drivable anyway! It looks like a deathtrap to me.....or a convection oven.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Chris G.

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 26, 2007, 06:39:55 AM
That car should bring $200k - without all the issues! 

How do you figure that's a 200K car?

Old Moparz

Hmm, after reading all this for the first time, I discovered 3 things.

1)  We're really slow at work.

2)  Some topics on the internet will never be resolved.

3)  I'm glad I don't have enough money to bid on certain auctions.

I'm wondering now, if the car is considered stolen, are all the bidders guilty of attemting to purchase stolen property?    :D
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TUFCAT

Movie/TV cars get BIG MONEY. Case in point, 4 years ago the Nash Bridges Cuda sold for 148,500...that same year Shelby's re-creation of the "Eleanor" Mustang used in the remake of the movie "Gone in 60 Seconds" sold for $194,400.  In 2004, one of the "Christine" 58 Fury's used in the movie sold for 167,000.

*edit* I did more research on the '67 Pontiac GTO that sold at Barrett-Jackson. It  was a "clone of the movie car" not an actual car used on Vin Diesel's  2002 XXX movie.  Obviously, it was probably  a bad clone...or very rough, 'caus it only sold for 20,520 (somebody had the comma in the wrong place). I would think even a "decent" 67 GTO Clone would have sold for more. 

The70RT

Quote from: TUFCAT on September 26, 2007, 11:40:20 AM
Movie/TV cars get BIG MONEY. Case in point, 4 years ago the Nash Bridges Cuda sold for 148,500...that same year Shelby's re-creation of the "Eleanor" Mustang used in the remake of the movie "Gone in 60 Seconds" sold for $194,400.  In 2004, one of the "Christine" 58 Fury's used in the movie sold for 167,000, and the 1967 Pontiac GTO Clone from the Vin Diesel flick "XXX" sold for $205,520.00.

Yeah all those cars were shown all the time. The standup made how much show time?

Mike DC

The Wheelstander GL was a one-shot deal.      No telling what it is (or is not) really worth.   

70charger_boy

The nash bridges hemi cuda sold for 2.5 million

The70RT

Quote from: 70charger_boy on September 26, 2007, 05:44:25 PM
The nash bridges hemi cuda sold for 2.5 million

And I would take it over 5 of those standy stands

70charger_boy

mikepmcs

Any more news?
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

70charger_boy

Well, amanda septhon is selling one of her fathers cars
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,35188.0.html

Good to have you back, mike.  How is the retirement, going?

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Asephton

Well as most of you know by now that Mopar Collectors Guide did ANOTHER tid bit on the car in their December issue. Ya there where a few typos (like Michelle is my Dads ex-wife, my mom, Not his daughter as they state) I already wrote them to let them know about it. Yes one of my Dads other Mopars is for sale. And as for the Stand Up............ All I can say is LEGAL BULL**IT SUCKS!!!!!! It's def. a process. And as for the true value of the car..... it doesn't matter to me or my family. be it one or one million dollars, it never matterd to us. But then I guess we are not GREEDY like others who will remain nameless  :icon_smile_big: It was always a matter of principle for us. Just flat out right and wrong and how you can apparently get away with stuff if you "know" people regardless of how much paperwork you have stating that you own a car  :yesnod:

mikepmcs

Funny(not really) how that works isn't it Amanda.

In maine all you need is a bill of sale if the car is older than a certain amount of years.  I'm sure there are all sorts of stolen cars floating around maine.  Just a bill of sale, register it and it is yours.

I bought a 55 chevy and a trailer from a guy a couple years back in New Jersey and actually registered the trailer(the one in new jersey)and owned it before I even paid for it(on paper anyways) just because of maine's law.

Good luck in your quest and I'm sorry about your loss.  You'll notice by my avatar up top, that your father had an impact on my life as he did many others.

v/r
Mike

Asephton

Quote from: mikepmcs on October 22, 2007, 03:48:07 PM
Funny(not really) how that works isn't it Amanda.

In maine all you need is a bill of sale if the car is older than a certain amount of years.  I'm sure there are all sorts of stolen cars floating around maine.  Just a bill of sale, register it and it is yours.

I bought a 55 chevy and a trailer from a guy a couple years back in New Jersey and actually registered the trailer(the one in new jersey)and owned it before I even paid for it(on paper anyways) just because of maine's law.

Good luck in your quest and I'm sorry about your loss.  You'll notice by my avatar up top, that your father had an impact on my life as he did many others.

v/r
Mike

Thanks..... Well sounds like maybe I should go grab the car and move to Maine  ;D Just kidding...... If only it were that easy  :brickwall:

Blakcharger440

Quote from: Old Moparz on September 26, 2007, 11:00:51 AM
Hmm, after reading all this for the first time, I discovered 3 things.

1)  We're really slow at work.

2)  Some topics on the internet will never be resolved.

3)  I'm glad I don't have enough money to bid on certain auctions.

I'm wondering now, if the car is considered stolen, are all the bidders guilty of attemting to purchase stolen property?    :D

And I dont see why the woman who illegally sold the car did not do any jail time or wasnt even fined after the courts ruled that it was an illegal act???  :shruggy:

RD

okay, off topic here, and I will get reamed, but I am sure a lot of guys are thinking it already.

amanda, if that is you in the pic... your a hottie. :D hehehe  :2thumbs:

okay somebody  :slap: me
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

mikepmcs

Well... Jamey...
You had to bring it up, but I'm right behind you...or i can be in front, whatever, I ain't scared.  Yup, Amanda, you are a hottie!

Thanks for breaking the ice. :D

Asephton

;) Well thanks for lightening the mood.... And thanks for the compliment  :2thumbs:

RD

Quote from: Asephton on October 23, 2007, 03:01:40 AM
;) Well thanks for lightening the mood.... And thanks for the compliment  :2thumbs:

no problem, and if you really feel it necessary to post some more pics of you, i will speak for everyone and say that we wont stop you.... especially if you have some good ones by some mopars.. scantily clad.. you get the picture!  :icon_smile_big: :angel: :coolgleamA:
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TUFCAT