News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

STANDUP' Gen Lee for sale on Ebay.........

Started by R2, August 19, 2007, 11:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RD

Quote from: Asephton on August 22, 2007, 10:34:24 PM
Ok well..... Let me start by introducing myself, my name is Amanda Sephton. Yes that's right, I'm Rich's daughter. I'm going to start by saying that MOST people in this case are just flat out dead wrong about the "facts" surrounding this car. Bottom line is, my Mom's attorney took this car and sold it illegally. My mom says that she had nothing to do with it and never saw a penny from the sale. Which means the lawyer pocketed every bit of it. A federal court judge ordered that the car WAS IN FACT sold illegally for fees my Dad did not owe and the car to be retrned to my Dad. By the time that happened though, the car was gone and the dirtbag lawyer claimed he didn't know who the car was sold to or where it was. The FEDERAL court order clearly states in black and white that any order thereafter unless issued by the same court was NULL AN VOID. So you see, the car was taken illegally, sold illegally, and is currently in the hands of someone else other than my family, ILLEGALLY. Legal actions will be taken to see that car back in my family, you see I'm not the only one who knows that the car is my family's. Only problem is, it takes money. And as a 20 year old college student, I don't have any readly available. One day though, this wrong WILL be righted... If it's the last thing I do on God's green earth. That's a promise!!!!  :yesnod:

holy shit, the plot thickens... man it must be late for me to throw around the s-word as much as I have.   :popcrn: :popcrn:

this is going to get ugly... but hey, I am on Sephton's side, he is the only one that has produce paperwork proving the car was his. but then again, my opinion means nothing :D

welcome to the site Amanda, sorry it has been due to this thread.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Asephton

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 22, 2007, 01:48:07 PM

I'm all for the truth too.  Whatever that may turn out to be.

For what it's worth, I'll say that Rich wasn't prone to specifically badmouthing the Batches whenever I talked to him about the Wheelstander. 
Of course he didn't exactly have warm feelings for them, whaddya expect.  But he wasn't one to go around telling ugly stories about the other owners to any DOH fan who'll listen.  His frustration seemed mainly directed at the court/legal system whenever I heard anything. 

AMEN to that!!! Thank you!!! My dad was not the scumbag liar some of you make him out to be..... All he wanted was his car back that was rightfully his. In fact,  I was there in Indy when he got the car back and he was asked by the police there if the wanted Hughes and Batch arrested... he repplied, "No. It's not the right thing to do. I just wanted my car back. "
Scars are souveniers we never lose, and the past is never far...

Drache

Amanda, I too am sorry that you had to join these forums to defend your father's good name instead of asking us questions on how to tweak this or that on the charger. I too am on your "father's" side in this matter although I usually try to remain neutral but since your father was the only one to show rightful paperwork...

May God rest the soul of your father, someday this will all be squared up.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

70charger_boy

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: ChgrSteve67 on August 22, 2007, 01:18:49 PM
Seems like the only good that has come of it is the final determination of rightfull ownership.

Or maybe not.

Steve (Just going to sit back and watch from here on)

Asephton

Quote from: FastbackJon on August 21, 2007, 12:22:08 PM
This was a salvage car, rich never had a title. And from my understanding, he owed his wife money, couldn't pay the bills, the car was seized by the state as an asset and given to her. Nothing I can see that is illegal about that.

It would be like if you built this cool house and lived in it and then quit paying the mortgage for a few months, the bank comes and takes the house and kicks you out, puts it up for auction. Then 20 years go by and you miss your house and so you generate a bunch of paperwork that says you still own it. So you pay for the current unsuspecting residents to go on a nice vacation and while they are away you break in, move all their stuff out, and start living there as if you never left.

Oh my Gosh!!!! Dude you need to get your facts straight and stop believing everything you read. Do some research of your own before you go blab your mouth.

FastbackJon

:popcrn:   :popcrn: 

Remember that MTV show Celebrity Deathmatch?

heck, screw all the ownership battles, I just want to drive it

Jon (copying Steve)
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

THE COLONEL

It's good to hear from you Amanda.  I met you in Gerogia in 2003, when your dad had the SUG there.  Your dad was the kindest and most gentle man I have met, and I am sorry for your loss.  I hope, in all that is good, that the SUG is back in your family again someday.  I remember Rich telling a few of us that story, and in 2003 we thought the ordeal was over.  I did email Tom Sarmento to see if he could even win the car in the auction.  I just hope it's returned to you someday!!
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

BrianShaughnessy

I got enough for everybody!!!
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

70charger_boy

Obi-Wan

this whole situation sucks.  I remember the only time I ever saw the SUG in person was in Bristol 04'.  it was on a flatbed.......being repo'd.

i hope the right actions are taken and the car goes where it rightfully belongs

kikgas01

Like her ebay ad says. I would as well like to see it go over a cliff full throttle. WITH THAT BITCH IN IT!!!!! With a HUGE explosion.I hope her seatbelt sticks.

Drache

Bidding has ended - US $81,600.01
Reserve not met

QuoteWELL THIS IS ALITTLE THOUGHT TO ALL YOU DIE HARD SEPHTON FANS IVE RECEIVED ALL YOUR HATE MAIL AND FRANKLY I DONT UNDERSTAND IVE BEEN INFORMED THAT I SHOLDNT SELL THIS CAR BUT WHY WOULD YOU WANT ME TO KEEP IT IF YOU ALL BELIEVE IVE STOLEN IT WHY DONT YOU POOL YOUR MONEY TOGETHER AND PURCHASE THIS CAR FROM ME I WOULD EVEN DELIVER IT TO YOU.....ALL OF YOU DONT KNOW WHAT REALLY WENT DOWN YOU JUST THINK YOU DO ......I DONT CARE ABOUT THIS CAR OR ABOUT RICH SEPHTON THIS IS JUST A CAR A BUNCH OF METAL BUILT YEARS AGO AND MODIFIED ALL I KNOW IS THAT THIS CAR HAS SOME HISTORY AND THAT HISTORY IS WORTH SOME MONETARY VALUE TO THE RIGHT PERSON IF ANY OF YOU DUKE FANS WANT THIS CAR TO BE IN ONE OF YOUR GARAGES IN MEMORY OF RICH SEPHTON THEN GO FOR IT DONT SIT HERE AND CALL ME A LIAR AND A THIEF TAKE THIS OPPORTUNITY TO RIGHT THE WRONG YOU BELIEVE I HAVE COMMITTED AND GET ME THE GARAGE SPACE I SO DESPERATELY NEED CAUSE IM THINKING OF PURCHASING ANOTHER CAR THAT HAS SIMILAR DRAMA ATTACHED,,,,LET ME FINISH WITH THIS ,IM NOT SURE WHICH WOULD GIVE ME MORE SATISFACTION:THE MONETARY VALUE OF SELLING IT OR THE DESIRE I HAVE TO SIMPLY DRIVE THIS CAR FULL THROTTLE OFF A CLIFF AND WATCHING IT BURN TO THE GROUND..........THE AUCTION WILL END SOON AND THE CAR WILL PROBABLY BE IN THE SAME PLACE NEXT YEAR PERHAPS BY THAT TIME SOMEONE MAY HAVE THE DESIRE TO TAKE THIS OFF MY HANDS...TTFN

Someone like that never deserves to own a car like this, all she sees are the money signs created by this controversy!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

kikgas01

This is straight from Wayne Wootens site. He will  challange ANYONE in the court of law as to the truth!!!!
http://www.dohgltruth.com/stander%20glee.htm
http://www.dohgltruth.com
He has the dodge charger regestry site as well. If you don`t know who Wayne is,do a search. I hope this helps EVERYONE here!!!! Cheers! :cheers:

TUFCAT

Kiggas01 - that doesn't say sh*t - - - I learned more from this thread..... :-\  I hope he posts more info, but right now .......that doesn't help. No offense.  :Twocents: :Twocents:

kikgas01

Quote from: TUFCAT on August 23, 2007, 02:36:35 PM
Kiggas01 - that doesn't say sh*t - - - I learned more from this thread..... :-\ I hope he posts more info, but right now .......that doesn't help. No offense. :Twocents: :Twocents:
It said he will post the facts a.s.a.p. He is a VERY busy person but keep checking back to his site. No offence taken here buddy! :2thumbs:

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Mike DC

The Wheelstander never appeared onscreen in a finished episode.  That's always been freely admitted by everyone in the Sephton side of the debate & the DOH diehard fan community.  (I thought the other side was always saying the same thing; maybe this auction changed the tune a little.)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I understood it, the car was an idea that Rich had pitched to the DOH producers for a new trick in the GL's arsenal. 
The producers gave them the go-ahead, so the car was built with the 100% intention of TV-series usage.  Same car, same crew, same shop, same tools, same quirks.  The rollbar configuration looked like a "stock" GL from the ouside, it had a tan-sprayed interior, the siganls were filled-over, etc.

But the producers ultimately veto'd the finished product at the last minute.  The car pulled the wheels up easily, but they couldn't get past the oversized rear tires & the blower that was too visible inside.   

That was right at the close of the TV series.  At that point the car was a '69 Charger with Vector wheels, 'vette orange paint, and a sprayed-tan interior.  The "01" and rebel flag was not on it yet.  The car was legally Rich's property when filming wrapped and the smoke cleared in early 1985.

Asephton

Quote from: THE COLONEL on August 23, 2007, 07:22:31 AM
It's good to hear from you Amanda.  I met you in Gerogia in 2003, when your dad had the SUG there.  Your dad was the kindest and most gentle man I have met, and I am sorry for your loss.  I hope, in all that is good, that the SUG is back in your family again someday.  I remember Rich telling a few of us that story, and in 2003 we thought the ordeal was over.  I did email Tom Sarmento to see if he could even win the car in the auction.  I just hope it's returned to you someday!!

Well it's nice to be here... Just wish it was on better terms....

Asephton

Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 21, 2007, 05:41:07 AM
Rich Sephton seems like a bitter ass crybaby.  His wife sold the car.  If the car was at all important to him he would've moved it to a secure location, but he didn't.  She sold it and he should've cut his loses.  If he was so talented he could've built another one.  He sucks and travis bell sucks

Oh, the car was sold so it was not his!!!

It was never about not being able to build another one. As a matter of fact he told me before he died that when he did get the car back he was most likley going to sell it to a museum or something and build a General Lee funny car. It was always a matter of principle for him. I think anyone would feel that way if you had a car stolen from you... Such a nice car at that. Who would just say, "Oh well...". I guess maybe thats just me?

Asephton

Quote from: kikgas01 on August 23, 2007, 09:02:43 AM
Like her ebay ad says. I would as well like to see it go over a cliff full throttle. WITH THAT BITCH IN IT!!!!! With a HUGE explosion.I hope her seatbelt sticks.

Tee hee hee.... :lol: Now that's funny right there....

kikgas01

Quote from: Asephton on August 24, 2007, 02:38:07 AM
Quote from: kikgas01 on August 23, 2007, 09:02:43 AM

Tee hee hee.... :lol: Now that's funny right there....
Hey. Did ya get my email?? :icon_smile_big: :shruggy:

Arkgl01

I met Rich several times and talked to him on the phone alot. I have to say rich was one of the nicest guys I ever met and loved to help people with motor problems or any problem. I wish he would have got his car back before he died.
69 440 RT matching.. mostly original!

RD

Quote from: Arkgl01 on August 24, 2007, 08:39:37 AM
I met Rich several times and talked to him on the phone alot. I have to say rich was one of the nicest guys I ever met and loved to help people with motor problems or any problem. I wish he would have got his car back before he died.

we have heard a lot of testimony on this board alone that shows the character in which Rich had.  I have not met the guy, talked to him, or knew what he looked like, but when I read that he told the cops NOT to arrest the people that had taken his car, even though he had the opportunity... that, in itself, says much about him.  I respected the guy for that.  In hindsight though, I kinda wish he did get them arrested because of the BS that is going on now.

Oh well, integrity is a seed that only can be nourished, developed, and grown within a person by the person... to bad some do not have the water within themselves to let it grow.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

TUFCAT

Quote from: RD on August 24, 2007, 01:39:53 PM

integrity is a seed that only can be nourished, developed, and grown within a person

I agree.......and it comes on stronger with age.  :angel: :angel: :angel: