News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

STANDUP' Gen Lee for sale on Ebay.........

Started by R2, August 19, 2007, 11:22:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger_Fan

I remember reading that story too...looks like the saga continues.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

The70RT

If he has more documentation why don't he put it in the auction? He says next time he lists it. I don't think he wants to sell it very bad.....especially with the pics he has. No pics of interior, under the hood or trunk :shruggy:..........no marker lights either?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Fitz73Chrgr

'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

pettyfan43

There is SO MUCH misinformation in that auction! Pathetic. Lies and half truths seem to permeate the Dukes end of this hobby.

It is strange that the Very first car built (Won't rehash the story of Lee #1 AT ALL) and this car, most likely the LAST one built are both surrounded in controversy!

Weird!

Mike DC

The car is a '69.  They were smoothing-over the signal lights on both years starting in season#4.

The dashpad is the only reliable giveaway of the model-year.

70charger_boy

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: Mike DC (formerly miked) on August 19, 2007, 03:22:00 PM

The car is a '69.  They were smoothing-over the signal lights on both years starting in season#4.

The dashpad is the only reliable giveaway of the model-year.

The car has a 68 rear valence though...
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Ghoste

Does this mean the question of ownership is settled once and for all?

UFO

In the june 07 Mopar Coll Guide announced that Rich Septon(the builder)(RIP) has passed away.I wonder how much money all the lawyers made regarding this car.

Bandit72

they can't even spell "hazzard" right in there auction....
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

70charger_boy

It always amazing when someone is selling a high ticket item like this and is too cheap to post more pics.  They can't even add any hotlinks from photobucket or something

The70RT

Probably one of those -testing the waters auction.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

JimShine

Quote from: Ghoste on August 19, 2007, 07:17:31 PM

Rich Sephton passed away March 14th.

JR

That car was stolen afew years ago, trailer and all at some show.

Looks like the lowlife waited long enough for the heat to blow over before cashing in.  :flame: :flame:
70 Charger RT top bananna /68 Charger RT triple green

Mike DC

QuoteThe car has a 68 rear valence though...

You mean because of the missing '69/70 backup lights? 

It was another change in the GLs for consistency reasons.  Those light disappeared from all the '69 GLs at the beginning of season#5.  They just wanted identical cars, even if it meant removing some correct-for-1969 pieces.

The Wheelstander was originally made out of a '69 rolling chassis that Rich bought from a L.A. junkyard w/o any drivetrain in 1984.  There's even a few pics of it under construction that Rich saved over the years.  It was really a "labor of love" on the part of him & the crew.  They usually had to rip through Chargers so fast with no time or money to spare.  This was one of the rare occasions when they could build one knowing that it wasn't gonna get smashed to pieces right off the bat.

69bronzeT5

Quote from: JR on August 19, 2007, 10:20:01 PM
That car was stolen afew years ago, trailer and all at some show.

Looks like the lowlife waited long enough for the heat to blow over before cashing in.  :flame: :flame:

:popcrn: :popcrn:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

FastbackJon

Cool car, I used to see it at shows around here back in the day, before Rich tried to steal the car from the owner, and all the garbage that went along with that. Kind of sad to see it sell and probably leave the area (if it does), I still haven't got a ride in it!
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Mike DC

Quotebefore Rich tried to steal the car from the owner, and all the garbage that went along with that

Umm . . .  Have you seen all the paperwork & court transcripts from both sides of the argument? 
Or might you just be saying that because the northwestern owner is a local guy who's nice in person?

I happen to have a rather STRONG opinion too, but I'm trying not to point fingers. 
The issue is still disputed and I haven't seen all sides of the paperwork myself.

Ghoste

Quote from: JimShine on August 19, 2007, 09:25:12 PM
Quote from: Ghoste on August 19, 2007, 07:17:31 PM

Rich Sephton passed away March 14th.

I know that but I thought the ownership was still in question and his estate was trying to obtain the car for his daughter or something like that?

Mike DC

I don't know the current legal status, technically.  The car is currently in the hands of the northwestern owner.

Last I heard, the true "rightful owner" depended on which judge you were asking.  The car has crossed a bunch of state lines, and there's different answers coming from different state courts.  It was going to the Federal level next.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sephtons still have the car's original legal title.  (It's never been out of Rich's name since 1984.)  He claims that the car was illegally sold out from under him 20-some-odd years ago, and this claim is backed by a bunch of paperwork that the state of California agrees with.  The northwestern owners have never refuted that point as far as I know; they got the car back in 2004 by challenging the specifics of Rich's surprise-attack repossession in Indianapolis about a year before that.  (The Indy repo was pretty darn rude but it wasn't a "theft."  It was conducted under the full supervision & paperwork of the local police at the time.)  The northwestern owners have had it since 2004 if I've recalled everything correctly. 

Rich had gotten less enthusiastic about fighting this in the last couple of years because of the stress/money involved in the whole thing.  At this point he could have built another one of these cars for a lot less money & stress than getting the original one back.  It was more of a sentimental/heirloom/principle issue for him. 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's all I know.  I'm not calling either side a thief or a liar.  I'm just saying there's a hell of a dispute. 

An ex-wife and a whole bunch of lawyers (on all sides) are the only ones really winning in any of this mess.

70charger_boy

Here is a quote from the question and answer part of the ad
Question & Answer Answered On

Q:  pretty low selling stand-up lee after rich dies. The true owner was rich. scumbags Aug-19-07
A:   Rich Sephton was a liar and a thief. He never had a title to the car. He bought it from a salvage yard in California in October 1982, which clearly states "This Salvage Certificate is evidence that titling documents for the above described vehicle have been surrendered to DMV." Signed by Richard Sephton. This means that the Standup General was never titled, never registered, and never licensed in any state after it was bought and converted to a General Lee. In conclusion, the true lawful owner is and was me.
Q:  Is there any documentation that goes with the car to prove it was a television used General Lee? Aug-16-07
A:   yes there is i have alot of paperwork and magazine articles to substantiate the authenticity of this general lee

TUFCAT

Never...EVER trust an eBay seller with a zero feedback rating.

I think that says it all.  :-\

Drache

Well at least by looking at the answers to the questions we can tell that the seller is the true guy and not just some scammer!  :slap:
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire