News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

GTO grave yard

Started by Harlow, August 18, 2007, 06:33:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlow

We drove by this place about 2 years ago. I was just found the pictures again and decided to share them. There were quite a few ragtops and 4 speed cars in there. They had "Not for sale" signs everywhere. What a shame. The place is in Missouri. I forget exactly where. The white car in the bottom right corner looks a lot like a 68 coronet/satellite...I don't remember seeing one when I was there...but it sure looks like one..what do you think?

Mike DC

There are women who hoard cats, and there are men who hoard restorable musclecars.

70charger_boy

What a shame...I would love to get my hands on that 67 goat.  Why do some people feel the need to hold on to stuff like that and let it rot?

Harlow

The cars are stored next to a deserted warehouse...makes me wonder if they were at one time getting/going to get restored. I'd love to get a 65-57 GTO. My boss' friend has a blue on black '65 389 tri power  :drool5:

derailed

Wow, I would be in heaven there. Ive always been a Pontiac person myself.

69bronzeT5

I spy some Goats I want!!! Like the 70 and the 68/69 Convert. GREAT FINDS! :cheers:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Lowprofile

Man there are some beauties there. I hate to see so many cars of that caliber sit and slowly turn to rust. What a shame. I used to own a 69' GTO......all black, 400ci, 4-speed. Wish I still had that bad boy. :rotz:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Lowprofile on August 18, 2007, 08:30:12 PM
Man there are some beauties there. I hate to see so many cars of that caliber sit and slowly turn to rust. What a shame. I used to own a 69' GTO......all black, 400ci, 4-speed. Wish I still had that bad boy. :rotz:

Deffintley gotta agree with you man. My dad used to own a '69 GTO, blue ext, blue interior, 400ci, Ram Air 3, 4spd..

justin1987

pettyfan43

My MOM (YEAH MOM) Used to drive a canary yellow 68 with a black top, hideaway headlights and a ram air 400 with the His & Hers shifter. That Turkey was faster than a phone call!!!!!!!!  First time she went to pass a car in that thing, she nearly ran OVER it!!!!!!!!!! She had been driving a 64 Oldsmobile Jetstar 88 (the only car she ever TRULY HATED and just about would NEVER own an Oldsmobile again! WHAT A POS!!!!!) And the Goat had about twice the power, MAN I would LOVE to have that car now!

My first car was a dark green 69 Pontiac Lemans, but it was a GTO at Heart, had a 400 GTO engine and tranny in it! FUN car, and idiot in a 75 FOrd truck made a left turn in front of me and shortened the car by about two feet for me!

Harlow

Heres two pontiacs I've come across here in town. It would be cool to get the '66 tempest.

69bronzeT5

Heres what I came across a while ago...

derailed

Harlow, that 66 looks like a nice car. I recognize that car from the Pontiac sight that im on alot. Somone posted some pics of it over there looking to buy it. Do you have anymore info on it. If I remember correctly it was in Az.  I would jump on it if I were you if its descent. This is the latest project that followed me home, a 67 GTO shell, bare but solid.

Harlow

I was the one that posted the pics over at performanceyears. When I finish up the roof skin replacement on my car I'm gonna start saving a little cash. I think I'm going to go over and try to get it. I don't know any information on it. The guys on the forum said not to waste my time with it because it was a tempest  :shruggy:

70charger_boy

Quote from: Harlow on August 19, 2007, 09:55:55 AM
I was the one that posted the pics over at performanceyears. When I finish up the roof skin replacement on my car I'm gonna start saving a little cash. I think I'm going to go over and try to get it. The guys on the forum said not to waste my time with it because it was a tempest  :shruggy:

I have seen 67 tempest's go for big bucks

The70RT

Here is a POS I have had for over 10 years. I got it for a 100 back then. I was waiting to find a GTO and use this for parts but never did. I guess now It will be parted out when and if the Charger funds diminish over the course of it's resto. If this was worth something like those in that yard it wouldn't be sitting out like those :brickwall:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger_Fan

Man, that's definitely a bummer to see that many restoreable cars slowly returning to mother earth. :'(
That '70 in the first pic would be my personal favorite out of the bunch. I rebuilt a 455 for my friend's '70 in high school...MAN was that thing fast! :o It was a black 4-speed car too.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

derailed

Quote from: The70RT on August 19, 2007, 11:02:52 AM
Here is a POS I have had for over 10 years. I got it for a 100 back then. I was waiting to find a GTO and use this for parts but never did. I guess now It will be parted out when and if the Charger funds diminish over the course of it's resto. If this was worth something like those in that yard it wouldn't be sitting out like those :brickwall:

The Grille in that car looks nice. Theres a few people that are after those who arent into cloning. The 67 Goat grilles you can buy aftermarket now and are pretty descent but I looked for a long time for a set for my Lemans and had no luck.

Nacho-RT74

a friend of mine is needing down here a 64 Grilles and headlighst bezel set
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

HEMIMAN 94

all those cars wasted :'(

purple70rt

Those are in paris, MO about 25 miles from me.

chargerman68

a true musclecar guy would be very :'( :'(

someone needs to buy them and get them back the road
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL