News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

proportioning valve rebuilding service

Started by hemi68charger, August 18, 2007, 07:16:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang.
Isn't there a company out there that rebuilds brake system components, i.e. metering/tee valve, master cylinder, etc to OEM spec?

Thanks..
Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

is_it_EVER_done?

I've never heard of one, but the parts come apart easy, and can be cleaned up with a gun bore brush for a 38/9mm. The only times I have ever seen damaged seals was on heavily rusted (internally) pieces. Usually they are just FULL of gunk from brake linings, and they clean up (and work) quite nicely.

resq302

I would think that any place that rebuilts prop valves or wheel cylinders could do it.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Chatt69chgr

I cleaned up a brass metering/tee valve.  Was pretty straight forward.  Nothing in it to really to go bad except the rubber seals.  They are immersed in brake flluid and looked in perfect condition in the one I took apart---I assume if your seals were bad that you wouldn't want to reuse it but just save the other parts and look for some more from the junkyard to interchange parts with.  Was some corrosion on some of the external pieces and an internal spring.  I cleaned up the whole thing with a dremel tool with little wire wheel (not the inside passages----just used a q-tip there), put some fresh brake fluid on the parts and reassembled.  Looks good as new.  They have reproduced the cast iron version and Pirate Jacks has a brass one but it's a universal fit and not exact reproduction-----but it's new.  You might give it a look.

I have never run across any mention of any place that rebuilds these.

RT/SE

Troy,

You may want to check with White Post Restoration:

http://www.whitepost.com/

I know they rebuild master cylinders + wheel cylinders.  They have an excellent reputation - I've had friends who have used them who have been very happy with their work.  They have advertised in Hemmings for years and years.  Hope this info helps out.

hemi68charger

Quote from: RT/SE on August 25, 2007, 07:10:15 AM
Troy,

You may want to check with White Post Restoration:

http://www.whitepost.com/

I know they rebuild master cylinders + wheel cylinders.  They have an excellent reputation - I've had friends who have used them who have been very happy with their work.  They have advertised in Hemmings for years and years.  Hope this info helps out.

Thanks.. I'll give them a shout........

Chatt69chgr: I'll also check them out first to see if I can do it provided the rubber seals are ok.......

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection