News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What I made at work today. COOL!

Started by pettyfan43, August 17, 2007, 07:19:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettyfan43

I started a new job a while back. I now work at a local Trophy retailer/component wholesaler and we also make acrylic desk awards, plaques, that type of thing. The past week I have been learning the laser and etching acrylics and such. Today i got the chance to do my OWN layout and my OWN artwork...

I took 67 Charger line art, changed it to a 66 in photoshop and added the big fratzog with a fuzzy "buzzing" style edge and the Charger script.

What do you think?

Best part is it is 1 of 1! I own the artwork!

Ghoste

What do I think?  I think I'm wondering how much to do one for me?  (a 67 of course)

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

cheap

:cheers: Thats pretty cool alright.... Nice job....

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

71ChallengeHer

pettyfan43

This one is a "prototype" if you will, I'm really thinking about getting some Mopar line art together and seeing what I can do with it as far as the possibility of marketing these.

DON'T take that to heart, This one was done simply as a piece of round acrylic we don't sell anymore (the new stuff is different in small ways) that had a small nick in it and a base that we don't sell anymore. They let me do this because I was really uncomfortable with doing a customer's piece yet because of the inexperience with the laser. I WILL keep you folks posted with what happens.

THANK YOU ALL!  I really had fun setting this up and making it. It really got attention when I showed it to people.

I am thinking about ideas for different cars.

4cruzin

Thats sweet!!  Nice job!!   :scratchchin: I'd buy one if it had my car on it!   :yesnod:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Ghoste

Since you're getting a positive reaction here AND at work, then we know we can count on you to keep us updated if it proceeds beyond the prototype stage.  ;D

Charger_Fan

Wow, that looks REALLY good! :o You should be on contract to make all future Mopar car show awards. :yesnod:

That way, nobody accidentally ends up with a Cramaro on their award. :lol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Manfred318

WOW! :o thats realy cool. I would definately buy one of those. :2thumbs:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

pettyfan43

IT is a POSSIBILITY that we could do these where I work, I'm looking into pricing and what would be involved.

I WILL keep you posted.

;)

Judhudson

That's awesome Chris!  I want one, LOL!  I hate to say this, but if you keep at it, good ole' John Howard is gonna have to move over :)

pettyfan43

Quote from: Judhudson on August 21, 2007, 09:12:05 PM
That's awesome Chris!  I want one, LOL!  I hate to say this, but if you keep at it, good ole' John Howard is gonna have to move over :)

I sold Johna bunch of stuff yesterday. He's a great guy, and gets 95% of his stuff FROM US!  ;D I am working on another piece right now, it won't be CAR specific, but it WILL be for the MOPAR guys!

rav440

1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

A383Wing

Quote from: pettyfan43 on August 21, 2007, 07:24:46 PM
IT is a POSSIBILITY that we could do these where I work, I'm looking into pricing and what would be involved.

I WILL keep you posted.

;)

You better, because I know where you live......and I will tell everyone....  :boogie:

Bryan    ;D

TripleBlackGator

Ya might wanna check into copyright infringement laws. I'm pretty sure Chrysler would object especially if your profitting by it.  Not to burst your bubble but we keep seeing more and more "Official Licensed Product" on Mopar reproduction parts and other items Chrysler is selling us.
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

41husk

Nice i would be interested in a 2nd and third gen and a vert challenger as well If you ever decide to produce these.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

pettyfan43

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on August 25, 2007, 10:58:57 AM
Ya might wanna check into copyright infringement laws. I'm pretty sure Chrysler would object especially if your profitting by it.  Not to burst your bubble but we keep seeing more and more "Official Licensed Product" on Mopar reproduction parts and other items Chrysler is selling us.

OK Thanks for calling me stupid, I'm not, WHY do you think I am CHECKING INTO What it would take to make them!?!?!?!? 

Can't do that type of thing WITHOUT Mother Mopar's blessing.

Khyron

I'm no lawyer. But If I take a picture of my own 69 Charger. Photoshop it, and burn it onto a plate and sell it. Ma mopar can kiss my butt. it's my car.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: pettyfan43 on August 25, 2007, 07:39:23 PM

OK Thanks for calling me stupid, I'm not, WHY do you think I am CHECKING INTO What it would take to make them!?!?!?!? 

I think if you look you will not find me "calling you stupid" anywhere in my post. Now as far as your post where does it state the you may be contacting a copyright attorney, writing the copyright offices, or contacting Chrysler's legal and marketing departments? If that's what you meant by "seeing what I can do with it as far as the possibility of marketing these." then I stand corrected. And as far as what you did to make the claim "I own the artwork" I honestly think the Chrysler Corporation would beg to differ.  :Twocents:
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

41husk

I don't know about lega;ity but they are damn cool pieces.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

pettyfan43

Quote from: TripleBlackGator on August 26, 2007, 08:01:32 AM
Quote from: pettyfan43 on August 25, 2007, 07:39:23 PM

I think if you look you will not find me "calling you stupid" anywhere in my post. Now as far as your post where does it state the you may be contacting a copyright attorney, writing the copyright offices, or contacting Chrysler's legal and marketing departments? If that's what you meant by "seeing what I can do with it as far as the possibility of marketing these." then I stand corrected. And as far as what you did to make the claim "I own the artwork" I honestly think the Chrysler Corporation would beg to differ.  :Twocents:

Sorry, I wasn't aware I owed YOU a full itinerary of what I was planning to do, I'll make sure you are in on ALL my life decisions from now on!

And as far as that particular layout and setup, YEAH I OWN THE ARTWORK, I did it and have NOT sold it as of yet for profit, I DO OWN IT!

BESIDES you CAN sell up to 500 particular pieces of an object BEFORE you are in violation of copyright laws anyway! Learned that through a buddy in the decal business.

Now on to more pressing issues, do you think I should grille steak or Ribs for Labor day next week???

IT DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOU THINK!!!!!!!!!!!!