News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

SCORED a 68 R/T project cheap on ebay

Started by 69charger2002, August 17, 2007, 06:25:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69charger2002

well i got lucky once again. i know it looks bad in the pics, and i drove 6 hours not knowing if it would be rotted to the ground.. turns out it's SUPER solid. how about some guesses on what i ended up paying for it. and later on i'll tell..by the way it was not anywhere close to what they stopped bidding at..anyway it turned out to be a 68 R/T rolling body, very solid. good floors etc just needs lower quarters and work around rear window. let the games begin!   :2thumbs: also no remarks from the peanut gallery please.. or "flipper" remarks. yes i bought it to sell. i have 1 superbee, 3 chargers and a daytona clone going on at once right now, i think that is enough.. this will help fund them

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-Dodge-Charger-body_W0QQitemZ120150987858QQihZ002QQcategoryZ6737QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 69charger2002 on August 17, 2007, 06:25:50 PM
how about some guesses on what i ended up paying for it.

Woops didnt read the other part about what it stopped at lol. Im gonna go with $3000
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bull

I was looking at that a few days ago and thinking 'boy what a mess' but I guess I was wrong. It's funny but it really seems as if cars that are all one color (as long as it's not rust colored) sell for a lot more than the calico look.

Anyway, I'll say you paid $1,600 for it.

justin1987

Ghoste

Good work Trav.  As for being a flipper, I think most folks think of you less as a flipper and more like a used Charger retailer.

Lowprofile

Nice score Trav!  Should be able to flip that no problem!

BTW, Here's your new avatar!  lol   :smilielol: :D

Have you found any 70' front valance panels yet?  :shruggy:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

DodgeChargerNeeded

Nice catch. Of course I already know how much you paid for it
Jeff

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

70charger_boy

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

hemi68charger

Quote from: konigcharger on August 17, 2007, 08:33:14 PM
I'll go the other way $350  :cheers:

Me too, the other way...  $500......  Another one saved by the likes of Trav....  Good for you on the potential new funds for your other rides....

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

69charger2002

thanks guys.. well bull was closest. $1500 was the price.. which i thought was good. guess i'm not quite as good as i used to be at getting them for NOTHING.... but for 2007 it's not a bad deal. if anyone is interested in it i'd rather it go to someone here before i list it on ebag or something.
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

bull

Quote from: 69charger2002 on August 17, 2007, 09:58:11 PM
thanks guys.. well bull was closest. $1500 was the price.. which i thought was good. guess i'm not quite as good as i used to be at getting them for NOTHING.... but for 2007 it's not a bad deal. if anyone is interested in it i'd rather it go to someone here before i list it on ebag or something.
trav

Cool! Do I win 50% of what you sell it for? ;D

terrible one

What engine was that that they had a picture of? Did it go with the car?