News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project Pic's

Started by MOPARHOUND!, August 17, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

hotrod98

Quote from: moparstuart on March 06, 2009, 09:04:25 PM
Quote from: hotrod98 on March 06, 2009, 08:32:40 PM
If you see me driving that car..call the police, I've been kidnapped and someone has a gun to my head.....
larrysomeone stole your daytona truck and chopped and lowered it
   saw it at world of wheels sunday

Oh...my...gawd...Sandra would kill me if I did that to her truck. Putting a wing on a 69 Runner is one thing but that's sacrilage. I tried to talk her into letting me trade the Ram Daytona for a new Challenger and she said heck no. Not until they put a big ole tall wing on a new Challenger.  This wing fetish of hers is getting way out of hand. She found a partial fiberglass Daytona wing in the basement earlier today and now she wants me to finish it and put it on her golf cart. No...really...I mean it...stop laughing... :slap:

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

did the LED dash lamp coversion to the birdible today .  Had a right turn indicator lamp out in the cluster anyway and my oil gauge was not woirking .
So i torn into it and replaced all the bulb.  Thanks to Dave k.and doug C. for the Number of bulbs to order and the inspiration.

moparstuart

:popcrn: they look and work great

hotrod98

:2thumbs:
How long did that job take? I replaced the dimmer in my clone last weekend and it was kind of tight behind the cluster. I've never removed the cluster in a b-body before. It's easy in an e-body.

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

moparstuart

Quote from: hotrod98 on April 05, 2009, 09:36:15 PM
:2thumbs:
How long did that job take? I replaced the dimmer in my clone last weekend and it was kind of tight behind the cluster. I've never removed the cluster in a b-body before. It's easy in an e-body.
I labled all the wires as i took it out . It was way easier then a 69  RR by far but I also had never taken out a ralley cluster so it was new for me but way easy . I spent about 2 1/2  hours doing it including fixing my oil gauge wire that had pushed out of the main plug.  I dropped the column down instead of pulling the steering wheel . I Just lable all the wires and made sure i got everything plugged back in when done.  had to reach up in after and plug the speedo cable and hlp vacuum harness plug back in . Those cables are so short.     

I have had the cluster out of my 69  20 times over the years that job is a knuckle buster and a real PITA

moparstuart

My new tow vehicle I bought for $375.00 to haul the birdible around .  High miler with a bad tranny but it's been well taken car of . I got it for a steal ,I have been looking for a long time at them with bad motors and they still want 2-3 k for them plus a grand to get a used motor .   Three rows of seats for the whole family

moparstuart

tow package and reciver hitch

moparstuart

:popcrn:  ian and I went for a cruise to the gas station and Ians favorite place the dollar store .

moparstuart

:drool5:

moparstuart

moparstuart

moparstuart

took the shelby to work and the bird

moparstuart

nascarxx29

I used to changeout the roll dimmer switches.But now bypass them by jumping the yellow black wire .Full on non adjustable with 194 bulbs.Why would you ever need to dim them .
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

moparstuart

Quote from: nascarxx29 on April 06, 2009, 08:45:33 AM
I used to changeout the roll dimmer switches.But now bypass them by jumping the yellow black wire .Full on non adjustable with 194 bulbs.Why would you ever need to dim them .
yeah they were dim enought at full on

BigBlockSam

i'm surprised you didn't put green bulbs  in to match the birdie
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on April 06, 2009, 09:36:41 AM
i'm surprised you didn't put green bulbs  in to match the birdie
those are actually clear , they just glow blue .    I am a green freak   LOL

Dave Kanofsky

They glow blue because of the blue plastic dome that they fit into.  The bulbs themselves are white.
"God sent his Son into the world not to judge the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:17, NLT

Racers For Christ Chaplain (www.teamrfc.org)

pettybird

i LOVE the blue lights in my dash, but it would be interesting to see someone get the hyper yellow ones and see if the gauges look "normal," just brighter. 

66chargerkid

Well if you actually get yellow bulbs you could get green. But light isn't Actually yellow but a very white light.

BigBlockSam

the after market gauges i have for the challenger have little plastic cups that go over the bulbs in the gauge . they come in different colors . i'm sure you can adapt them to the birdie dash and make all the bulbs green . that would look great .
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

moparstuart

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,56476.0.html

took the birdible out on kansas speedway again today  check it out , what a blast it is .

moparstuart

:drool5: I finally got my flame maple ( lime ) grip installed it was a hair big so my neighbor sanded it down for me .

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us