News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project Pic's

Started by MOPARHOUND!, August 17, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mopurr

Pretty similar answer to Geno.

Value of the actual Conv. per market....Old cars price guide but that is usually a few months behind market.  Plus what the aero components would cost to replace.

That should put you somewhat in the ballpark.

IMHO

moparstuart

Thanks sherri thats kinda what i figured but wanted another opinion. Last time i did this was 10 years ago and the market has changed so much .  I also need to do the same with my recently aquired 69 charger.       stuart 
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

C_stripes

Quote from: moparstuart on September 22, 2007, 09:57:31 AM
i always loved this picture
Me to,  Here is the whole pic, Can't remember were I found it.
I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

C_stripes

I'm smarter than I act, But I don't act smarter than I am.

The70RT

Coooooooool. It looks like some vinyl tops were yet to be applied. I bet some got some factory door dings stacked in like that.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

no daytona or 500's would have had top's not sure if your seeing something i'm not   ( sun glare????)

The70RT

Quote from: moparstuart on October 02, 2007, 12:42:34 PM
  no daytona or 500's would have had top's not sure if your seeing something i'm not   ( sun glare????)

Third and fifth one on the main row. What is the white around the third one over....or is it the pc at work I am on now?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

I think it was a sunny day and the picture was taken from the roof ???

hemigeno

Quote from: The70RT on October 02, 2007, 12:46:51 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on October 02, 2007, 12:42:34 PM

Third and fifth one on the main row. What is the white around the third one over....or is it the pc at work I am on now?

The white is where they were still doing body work around the window plug.  They did a lot of grinding and lead work to try and smooth the transition out, but Stu is right - no factory V-tops on '69 C500s or Daytonas.

moparstuart

I still think it might be glare look at the deck lid on the closest daytona , do you think they would leave bare bondo out side ??

hemigeno

Most of the smoothing & filling work they did with lead, I don't know how much filler they actually used in that area.  It could be that they shot the area with primer after they did the lead work, which would stand out - especially against darker body colors.

You can see another car in the lower left hand corner of that picture without its wing, with the same worked-over area outline around the rear window plug.

moparstuart

moparstuart

ok i have been busy and not hard at work on the car . Really was waiting on a fuel line I had bought but was misplaced/missing from the change of body shops. Working on getting the pulley & belts on the motor . Here is the cool A/C bracket set up we are using to relocate the little hiden sanden compressor under the alternator.       http://www.mmsacc-stainless.com/html/xtreme_billet.htm   
    check it out is super cool .

stuart

moparstuart

HERE IS A PICTURE OF A/C SET-UP

RD

looks good... just a question, but did you buy the rear wing trunk mounts from me 2 or 3 years ago at a HPAC show?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

moparstuart

no i bought my wing brackets about 11 years ago from doug at DSAC club .
But i am a charter member of HPAC and the club treasure so i would have been at that show .

moparstuart

ok , went and saw the car this weekend motor is all cleaned up of dirt and over spray . We have been soaking the rings in marvel mystery oil for a week.  Hope to try and turn the thing over by hand this week . Motor was built 6 years ago and has sat. The trans was built at the same time and the bands are really tight also .  Didnt intend for the car to sit this long at the time of building the drive train but you know how these projects go!!!!!!!    will post some more pictures tonight   

RD

Quote from: moparstuart on October 15, 2007, 11:03:02 AM
The trans was built at the same time and the bands are really tight also .  Didnt intend for the car to sit this long at the time of building the drive train but you know how these projects go!!!!!!!    will post some more pictures tonight   

is the trans mated to the engine yet?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

moparstuart

yes they have been installed in the car for the last 6 years

moparstuart

bump                       maybe it will inspire me to get it buttoned up almost done

pettybird

I drove the B5 car around yesterday.  Trust me--you want to do the same.

moparstuart

I am writing up the rest of the whole story on my car as we speak. (Not that i can write) .  It is going to be featured in an up coming newsletter . 

pettybird

moparstuart

Lifsgrt

Saw this one at the Nashville Good Guys show this summer :2thumbs:
Best time 11.07@121