News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

MoparStuart's Convertible Superbird Project Pic's

Started by MOPARHOUND!, August 17, 2007, 01:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pettybird

Quote from: moparstuart on August 27, 2010, 12:07:07 PM
Quote from: pettybird on August 27, 2010, 11:46:41 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on August 27, 2010, 10:09:18 AM
Quote from: pettybird on August 27, 2010, 10:06:14 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on August 27, 2010, 09:45:00 AM
4th times a charm right  ?   :shruggy:

or time to get a new motor guy.

or a 5.7 hemi swap ;)
or an owned who isnt so cheap , broke all the time , and has deep pockets  to do it right the first time   :shruggy: :D :D   In a perfect world it would have brians hemi in it , would be at least 1/2 way there by now .

I don't think the depth of your pockets has much to do with your luck with your motor--you've just run straight into Murphy's Law more than most.  Good luck this time!
yeah but when you dont have the cash and reuse 40 year olds parts ? then you get what you pay for   :Twocents:

yeah, but what did you break?  I'm still running original rods, as are most of us.  heck--the petty car went to Moparfest last weekend, and it's never been apart.  no windowed blocks, no ruined fuel pump pushrods...I feel bad for what you've gone through.  it's not like you've got a 250 shot on the car and you're making 40 passes a week. 

I replaced EVERYTHING in the B5's motor except for the block, crank, rods and head castings.  those parts aren't supposed to break! 

...and though I replaced everything, I bargain hunted for all of it.  it took me two years to gather all of the parts...

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on August 27, 2010, 03:14:13 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on August 27, 2010, 12:07:07 PM
Quote from: pettybird on August 27, 2010, 11:46:41 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on August 27, 2010, 10:09:18 AM
Quote from: pettybird on August 27, 2010, 10:06:14 AM
Quote from: moparstuart on August 27, 2010, 09:45:00 AM
4th times a charm right  ?   :shruggy:

or time to get a new motor guy.

or a 5.7 hemi swap ;)
or an owned who isnt so cheap , broke all the time , and has deep pockets  to do it right the first time   :shruggy: :D :D   In a perfect world it would have brians hemi in it , would be at least 1/2 way there by now .

I don't think the depth of your pockets has much to do with your luck with your motor--you've just run straight into Murphy's Law more than most.  Good luck this time!
yeah but when you dont have the cash and reuse 40 year olds parts ? then you get what you pay for   :Twocents:

yeah, but what did you break?  I'm still running original rods, as are most of us.  heck--the petty car went to Moparfest last weekend, and it's never been apart.  no windowed blocks, no ruined fuel pump pushrods...I feel bad for what you've gone through.  it's not like you've got a 250 shot on the car and you're making 40 passes a week. 

I replaced EVERYTHING in the B5's motor except for the block, crank, rods and head castings.  those parts aren't supposed to break! 

...and though I replaced everything, I bargain hunted for all of it.  it took me two years to gather all of the parts...
yeah me too bargain here and there ,  this car has done some strange stuff .  You would think the red car would be acting up but its old faithful even after being kicked to the curb   :smilielol:
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pettybird

that's the petty car for us.  you should see how bad the cam bearings looked when I was a senior in high school...and yet it runs like a champ.  I dunno about them mopars.

BigBlockSam

:yesnod:  i have to look for bargains or else i couldn't afford to run these cars but your motors are doing strange things . 440 blocks are tough as nails .

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 27, 2010, 04:47:53 PM
:yesnod:  i have to look for bargains or else i couldn't afford to run these cars but your motors are doing strange things . 440 blocks are tough as nails .

Thats because you have so many to keep up.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

BigBlockSam

QuoteThats because you have so many to keep up.

:yesnod: true, and i want to keep them . almost had to sell a couple this year  :rotz:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 27, 2010, 05:00:37 PM
QuoteThats because you have so many to keep up.

:yesnod: true, and i want to keep them . almost had to sell a couple this year  :rotz:
me too i did sell one of mine ,  and almost a 2nd ?  had a  outrageous offer on a third of mine but i think it was a hoax from  the beginning but i wasnt selling that one for any amount 

BigBlockSam

Quotei wasnt selling that one for any amount

me too, i got a real good offer on my daytona . that one is not for sale , ever

moparstuart

Quote from: BigBlockSam on August 27, 2010, 06:50:53 PM
Quotei wasnt selling that one for any amount

javascript:void(0);
me too, i got a real good offer on my daytona . that one is not for sale , ever
:yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod:

mauve66

any way to get the  rear that high without a lift??  or is that exccessive and maybe others could do it on high jack stands???
Robert-Las Vegas, NV

NEEDS:
body work
paint - mauve and black
powder coat wheels - mauve and black
total wiring
PW
PDLKS
Tint
trim
engine - 520/540, eddy heads, 6pak
alignment

moparstuart

with the nose still on the car , that is the easiest way we have found to get the motor and trans combo to slip right in

4th time now and it has been pretty  easy every time this way .

FJ5WING

Stuart,
Ive been worried about not being able to get my motor into the car once the nose is on.  :shruggy: did you use a standard cherry picker or has it been modified with a longer boom?

any pics of it going in?

Thanks for keeping us updated with quality info/pics. :2thumbs:
wingless now, but still around.

moparstuart

Quote from: FJ5WING on August 29, 2010, 07:22:01 AM
Stuart,
Ive been worried about not being able to get my motor into the car once the nose is on.  :shruggy: did you use a standard cherry picker or has it been modified with a longer boom?

any pics of it going in?

its a giant picker   very long legs & boom

I was helping with the install so thats all the pictures i have , you can alway install from the bottom if your doing the supension and all .

BigBlockSam

when i do mine . i was thinking of taking the front wheels and spoiler off. them putting the front on the ground and lifting the back with jack stands. i don't have a lift .

UFO

Stuart,
Ive been worried about not being able to get my motor into the car once the nose is on.  :shruggy: did you use a standard cherry picker or has it been modified with a longer boom?

any pics of it going in?

[/quot
Stuart,

any pics of it going in?

Just go in from the side.

pettybird

that's what I did with Marty, but I put the trans on afterward.  I've used a longer hoist on the B5 car and it was very nice to have it all in one. 

that tail-up maneuver for stu's car looks like a great idea. 

FJ5WING

I dont have access to a lift so its going to have to be suspension first - engine/trans after.

I have wondered if I can shoot in over the fender from the side  :shruggy: but planned on securing an overhead chain hoist to the I beam in the garage and just lowering the engine after pushing the body under. I have a few months to ponder while things are getting all nice and shiney. :scratchchin:

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: FJ5WING on August 30, 2010, 07:28:29 AM
I dont have access to a lift so its going to have to be suspension first - engine/trans after.

I have wondered if I can shoot in over the fender from the side  :shruggy: but planned on securing an overhead chain hoist to the I beam in the garage and just lowering the engine after pushing the body under. I have a few months to ponder while things are getting all nice and shiney. :scratchchin:

Do you have access to a loader tractor?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

pettybird

if you're going to do that, why not lift the body instead?  put the motor/trans on the K frame, pick up the car, and slide the mechanicals underneath.  it won't weigh much without the front end, interior, etc. on it. 

FJ5WING

Quote from: pettybird on August 30, 2010, 12:30:54 PM

if you're going to do that, why not lift the body instead?  put the motor/trans on the K frame, pick up the car, and slide the mechanicals underneath.  it won't weigh much without the front end, interior, etc. on it. 

I didnt want to remove the nose after it was painted, not sure of anyway to pick up the body with the nose attached unless a lift is used.
anyway Im not in a rush....thanks for all the suggestions and Id like to extend appologies to Stuart for a mini hijack.

moparstuart

Quote from: FJ5WING on August 31, 2010, 08:47:07 AM
Quote from: pettybird on August 30, 2010, 12:30:54 PM

I have wondered if I can shoot in over the fender from the side  :shruggy: but planned on securing an overhead chain hoist to the I beam in the garage and just lowering the engine after pushing the body under. I have a few months to ponder while things are getting all nice and shiney. :scratchchin:

if you're going to do that, why not lift the body instead?  put the motor/trans on the K frame, pick up the car, and slide the mechanicals underneath.  it won't weigh much without the front end, interior, etc. on it.  
no problem at all ,  anything to help other get there cars back together  .

I didnt want to remove the nose after it was painted, not sure of anyway to pick up the body with the nose attached unless a lift is used.
anyway Im not in a rush....thanks for all the suggestions and Id like to extend appologies to Stuart for a mini hijack.
no problem at all ,  anything to help other get there cars back together 

thedodgeboys

BigBlockSam

A383Wing

BigBlockSam