News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Wow

Started by 68chrgrwife, August 16, 2007, 05:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

68chrgrwife

So I was just sitting here watching tv and the door bell rings....I go answer it and there is this guy asking if we wanted to sell the charger (it is out on the driveway).  Itell him no way and he says yeah it figures, you can never find these cars..what year is it? Is it a real R/T?  Ok if you are looking at buying a car wouldn' you already be able to realize it is a 68 (not a 69 or 70 like he asked if it was).  Even I can tell the difference between all three years of second gens.  I can give him a little leway on the R/T question, but don't true R/T have those door scoop thingys?  DUH!!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

ramit

Only 1970 R/T 's have the door scoops.

68chrgrwife

ok so i'm not the smartest on these things, but that is why I don't buy the cars hubby does.....lol
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

Just 6T9 CHGR

:iagree:

Quotedoor scoop thingys?

How cute! :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

68chrgrwife

yeah I am a chick, but I am a chick who loves cars!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

Charger_Fan

Must have just started noticing Chargers from the latest DOH movie, or Bullrun & the only thing he knows about them is that they're COOL! :icon_smile_cool:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

68chrgrwife

yeah he seemed pretty niave...a little on the young side (about a year or two younger than me).  He just seemed real impressed by our car...Now I know we have done a lot of work, but it is nowhere near show quality....I don't know......
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on August 16, 2007, 05:12:50 PM
Thats why we like ya! :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

68chrgrwife

MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

41husk

People ask all the time if I want to sell a car, most of them don't have a clue what they are looking at "door thingies" or not.   They just like the way it looks.  I consider it a compliment when they ask.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Lowprofile

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on August 16, 2007, 05:11:43 PM

Quotedoor scoop thingys?

So now my car has cute door thingys.........OiVey! :smilielol: :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

70charger_boy

You know what?  I can leave my trans am outside and nobody wants to buy it, but yesterday when I was taking pics of my charger to post on this site I had all kinds of people stopping on the side of the road and asking me if I want to sell.  Then they have to ask me what year the car is???????  WTF..

I feel your pain  P.S.  My charger doesn't have the cute little door scoop thingies, but if you know anybody who's selling one let me know :2thumbs:

71ChallengeHer

Mopar Chicks  :punkrocka: :punkrocka: :punkrocka:

mikesbbody

i know you and hubby wouldnt sell, but just for fun it would have been interesting if you asked him what he was willing to offer then tell him "your not even close..."   :smilielol:

Nacho-RT74

more than just cars... MOPARS :D
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Chargen69

When I had my yellow bumblebee striped 69, I lived at a house on a main cut through in town, 30,000 cars per day are on that road.  EVERY weekend I had a bunch of nuts ringing the doorbell wanting to buy my car, parked in the driveway behind other cars, no where near the road or anything, I moved it inside the fenced back yard up in some bushes and they still pestered me to death about it.

It's one thing to stop and talk about the car, but mostly they all started the same...  "Hey!  You wanta sell that charger, or what?"

My reply would always be sure.

they'd be like "Really?"

"Naw, just messing with ya"

:rofl:

Charger1973

I get that all the time too, having my car outside along a busy county highway.  I cant wait to move. 

70charger_boy

Quote from: Chargen69 on August 16, 2007, 09:32:13 PM
When I had my yellow bumblebee striped 69, I lived at a house on a main cut through in town, 30,000 cars per day are on that road.  EVERY weekend I had a bunch of nuts ringing the doorbell wanting to buy my car, parked in the driveway behind other cars, no where near the road or anything, I moved it inside the fenced back yard up in some bushes and they still pestered me to death about it.

It's one thing to stop and talk about the car, but mostly they all started the same...  "Hey!  You wanta sell that charger, or what?"

they'd be like "Really?"

Then they will follow with, "No, seriously I'll give you 3 grand" :poke:

rt green

you sound like one hell of a woman. good for you and your hubby to be able to enjoy the same hobby.  the person that came by and was interested in the charger may not have known his ass from a hole in the ground, but he knew what he liked. sure is something that a design as old as it is still gets  all of the attention it does. its amszing if you think about it. hey, it got all of us didn't it? it  just looks fast sitting still. now if only Detroit would have the same attitude, we wouldn't have all of these forgin cars around.  my 2  cents.
Bruce
third string oil changer

Chargen69

Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 16, 2007, 09:38:35 PM
Quote from: Chargen69 on August 16, 2007, 09:32:13 PM

they'd be like "Really?"

Then they will follow with, "No, seriously I'll give you 3 grand" :poke:

Sad, but true

68chrgrwife

Quote from: Lowprofile on August 16, 2007, 07:50:25 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on August 16, 2007, 05:11:43 PM

Quotedoor scoop thingys?

So now my car has cute door thingys.........OiVey! :smilielol: :D

Hey I never said cute....
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

68chrgrwife

BTW hubby said I should have told him $25,000.  I said no dice...I wouldn't sell the car for triple that....me, the girls, and hubby worked too darn hard on, in, and around that car.  Blood, sweat and tons of tears!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

mikesbbody

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on August 17, 2007, 12:53:56 AM
BTW hubby said I should have told him $25,000.  I said no dice...I wouldn't sell the car for triple that....me, the girls, and hubby worked too darn hard on, in, and around that car.  Blood, sweat and tons of tears!

I hear what your saying, but it would have been interesting to know what he would have offered just so you could say "no way"  :2thumbs:

Lurker

i love it when people ask me and i say its not for sale and they reply "everything is for sale" and i say oh ya, got any daughters?
1968 xp29 charger thats now rust free.. and trunk free and floorboard and quarterpanel free.
1972 b5/b5 318 barracuda patently waiting its turn.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663667

BEAPARTS

It's nice having a MOPAR for sure, we don't get lost in the sea of Comaros and Mustangs.  We have a local car get together here where I live, every Saturday night there could be as many as 300 cars.  It's at a big shopping center parking lot with a DJ playing old music and serving food outside from the local drive thru.  I may take my one of my cars there twice a year, I know it's not a Charger, but, when I pull in with a black white billboard hemi cuda I laugh my butt off watching the other guys faces sitting in their lawn chairs with the look of "OH CRAP, HE'S HERE".  I'll park the car and I can watch the people funneling through the crowd to look at the car.  So I get out and take my time getting my chair out of the trunk and by the time I get it there maybe 15 people waiting to see that monster motor.  Nice having a MOPAR, sure glad my uncle didn't have a Comaro growing up, I would have been one of the other guys on the outside looking in.