News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power Brake Booster Check Valve

Started by Recharged68, August 14, 2007, 11:21:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recharged68

Does anyone know where I can get the small plastic power brake booster check valve that attaches to the vacuum line on my 1968 Charger?  I don't know if it matters, but I have a 383 and it came from the factory with the option of 4 disc brakes.  The valve I need only has one male piece protruding out and does NOT turn 90 degrees.  It has three tabs on the other side and is pushed in, turned, and sealed with a rubber o-ring.  The iem offered by Year One is for newer vehicles.  Someone please help... I have no brakes! Thanks.

Nacho-RT74

4 disc brakes FROM FACTORY ?

just R/Ts came with front disc brakes option as far I know

Imperials were the only 4 disc brakes cars from factory
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

8WHEELER

He must mean 4-piston front disc brakes, that was the only disc brake option.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

69RTSEV88

Recharged,
I had the exact same thing happen to my 69 R/T last year.  I just bumped the vacuum hose doing some tune-up work and the 38 yr old plastic check valve just broke.  Unless you find a NOS part on Ebay, the new one offered by Year One works just fine.  I know, its not the "correct" part and has a smaller 2nd vacuum port on the side the does come with a block off plug, but if it comes down to you not being able to drive the car, what other choice do you have!  Put the new one in, drive the car like normal, and in the mean time, search for the "correct" valve if you must have it.

gtx6970

ck valves are being tooled up now. no other info is avail

most of the valves are avail in the aftermkt and will work fine, just are not appearence correct for the show car crowd

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T