News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Van Halen Tour 2007 - Anyone going?

Started by Crazy Larry, August 16, 2007, 02:37:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on December 04, 2007, 03:45:16 PM
I'm going to see em TOMORROW NIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :2thumbs:

Awesome!

I was supposed to see them on Nov 20, but my hook-up connection got an even better hook-up for the 12/14 "homecoming" show at the Staples Center.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

69bronzeT5

sweet!!! I'll try to get pics of tomorrow nights show :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

4cruzin

Yep I went to the show in Detroit at Joe Lewis arena. . . it was pretty good but I thought Eddie was alittle sloppy.   :yesnod:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

BB1

Delete my profile

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

RT DAVE

I'm saving my money to see Led Zep and the Cult... 
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

bull

How much did you guys pay for tickets? They were in Portland last weekend but I had no interest. Sammy and Michael were smart to get the he11 out and stay out IMO. The whole thing is a train wreck waiting to happen.

Anyone want to bet on whether Wolfgang will be addicted to some illegal substance by the time the tour is through? Maybe he and Eddie can do a father/son project together next summer. Not Hlpag, I'm thinking rehab.

RT DAVE

I'm a fairly big fan, having owned all the DLR & Sammy stuff, but I wouldn't cross the street to see them after what they did to Michael Anthony... :Twocents:
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

moparstuart

Quote from: bull on December 05, 2007, 12:13:12 PM
How much did you guys pay for tickets? They were in Portland last weekend but I had no interest. Sammy and Michael were smart to get the he11 out and stay out IMO. The whole thing is a train wreck waiting to happen.

Anyone want to bet on whether Wolfgang will be addicted to some illegal substance by the time the tour is through? Maybe he and Eddie can do a father/son project together next summer. Not Hlpag, I'm thinking rehab.
yeah and throw valerie in that mix being pissed at eddie for getting wolfie addicted , wow train wreck waiting to happen

bull

Quote from: moparstuart on December 05, 2007, 01:15:33 PM

yeah and throw valerie in that mix being pissed at eddie for getting wolfie addicted , wow train wreck waiting to happen

I'm guessing she's already pissed about the whole thing. Nobody wants their kid hanging out with a substance-abusing ex, let alone sending them on the road together surrounded by drugs, diseased groopies and booze. Is the kid even old enough to drink yet? Looks like he's getting plenty to eat, way more than the other three anyway.

BB1

The man is clean and sober, one of the best shows I've seen. The father son and uncle even with Dave rocked out the new Sprint Center.

You can't play like that and be stoned, the audience was more drunk and druged up, it called Rock N Roll.

Mary Jane was being passed around, not that I took any.  :D
Delete my profile

moparstuart

Quote from: bull on December 05, 2007, 01:58:02 PM
Quote from: moparstuart on December 05, 2007, 01:15:33 PM

I'm guessing she's already pissed about the whole thing. Nobody wants their kid hanging out with a substance-abusing ex, let alone sending them on the road together surrounded by drugs, diseased groopies and booze. Is the kid even old enough to drink yet? Looks like he's getting plenty to eat, way more than the other three anyway.

he's only 15 years old

bull

That's too young to be in that kind of environment IMO but hopefully dad is taking a little responsibility in making sure junior is somewhat insulated from the shenanigans. Maybe he's just happy to be playing Gameboy on the tour bus during the off hours and doesn't care about women and booze. I know a lot of guys whose lives have been screwed up by both, like Wolfie's dad for instance.

SeattleCharger

I wish I was going.   Saw them back in 84 with roth, I was only in the eight grade, awesome,   
    I saw sammy haggar twice when he was solo, he rocked, but I didn't care a whole lot for van hagar, it was ok, but it definately was a lot different than van halen,  wonder if david lee roth can sing the songs very well anymore,   tell us how the concert is

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

69bronzeT5

HOLY CRAP.....VAN HALEN ROCKED BIG TIME!!!!!!!!!!!! THE CONCERT WAS AMAZING! DAVE STILL SOUNDS AWESOME AND THE VAN HALEN'S WERE AWESOME TOO!!!! EDDIE AND ALEX BOTH DID AMAZING SOLOS! AND WOLFIE DID AN AWESOME JOB TOO! IT LOOKED LIKE HE WAS REALLY HAVING FUN!!!!!!!!!!! I GOT VIDS AND LOTS OF PICS!!!!!

sorry for the caps :icon_smile_big:

69bronzeT5

:2thumbs:

69bronzeT5

:coolgleamA:

BB1

Thanks for the pics Cody. Good times man Good times.
Delete my profile

Brock Samson

thanks for the pics... Dave's pedleboard set up looks like NASA put it togeather...

69bronzeT5

No prob guys.

One of the bigger newspaper in Vancouver (The Vancouver Sun) did a review on the concert. They called it a "poor attempt to re-live the 80s). Its stupid though, the newspaper sent a reviewer to the concert to review it. She's 19 and it says right in the review "Im not a fan of Van Halen". I bet you thats why she gave it a bad review because I can tell you, by the sound of the crowd, they were loving the show.

The70RT

I wanted to go but didn't want to up the Cash. Did the Sprint center sell out? I know a week after the tickets went on sale you still could get some. I guess if they would have charged less they would have sold a lot more. I guess it's all about money for them cause they probably are running out of it. Since it may be there last they could have gave something back to the fans that got them where they are. Don't get me wrong.....I use to love the band. Garth Brooks tickets were like 30 bucks. He sold out 9 concerts in like three hours. Now that's fan dedication.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69bronzeT5

Just for anyone whos wondering, here is Vancouver's setlist :2thumbs:

01. You Really Got Me
02. I'm the One
03. Runnin' With the Devil
04. Romeo Delight
05. Somebody Get Me a Doctor
06. Beautiful Girls
07. Dance the Night Away
08. Atomic Punk
09. Everybody Wants Some
10. So This Is Love?
11. Mean Street
12. Pretty Woman
13. Drum Solo
14. Unchained
15. I'll Wait
16. And the Cradle Will Rock
17. Hot for Teacher
18. Little Dreamer
19. Little Guitars
20. Jamie's Cryin'
21. Ice Cream Man
22. Panama
23. Guitar Solo (incl. "Women in Love" intro, "Cathedral", "Eruption")
24. Ain't Talkin' 'Bout Love

Encore

25. 1984
26. Jump

SeattleCharger

cool.    In the eighth grade (1982,83?) my friends and I entered the school lipsynce contest, I was michael anthony, we did unchained and aint talkin bout love.  We got third out of maybe eight?    the guy who go first did micheal jackson, can you believe that?   :shruggy:  bs

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Ponch ®

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on December 08, 2007, 03:13:42 PM
the newspaper sent a reviewer to the concert to review it. She's 19 and it says right in the review "Im not a fan of Van Halen".

HAHA...that's like sending Brock to review a My Chemical Romance.

From what I hear, VH has been owning their concerts.... :2thumbs:

I'm next...on Friday.