News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

non mopar question

Started by onebadmopar, August 15, 2007, 07:10:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadmopar

hi guys  im a mopar fan all the way but always had a soft spot for mustangs i have a 1969 dodge charger that some of you have given me great info on restoring .. but i came across a 1969 fastback mustang today  that has a big block (non original i think not known for sure yet ) but it is a factory 4 speed aircondioned car .... while back i asked about it just for giggles and he wanted 10k  now hes in trouble and needs quick cash and will take 5 grand it needs  paint and  the interior  put back in it wich he has  and  its rust and dent free .... opnions welcome :)

skip68

I'd snatch it.  If I could I would start buying all the muscle cars I could.  :yesnod: Keep the Chargers and sell the others later for profit. :2thumbs:   :Twocents:
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

onebadmopar

ohh thats for sure i figured worse case scenario i can buy this mustang assemble it and sell it for a song and finish my charger lol  never selling the charger i know that ... but a bigblock 4speed stang would be a lot of fun to drive and just make my charger last that much longer lol

70charger_boy

I'm a huge fan of the 69 fastbacks.  What does it have for a motor?  351? For 5 grand I wouldn't have to think twice about it.  Snatch it up

Brock Samson

what do you mean by "big block"?.. it's a Mach One right?..

twenty mike mike

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 15, 2007, 09:27:34 PM
what do you mean by "big block"?.. it's a Mach One right?..

Mach One was a trim package...the standard engine was a 351 2 barrel. A guy who I had just met way back when had one and I just couldn't believe that it would come with a 2 barrel until he took the air cleaner off to prove it. After all these years I'm still shaking my head in disbelief.

Chargerguy74

WANTED: NOS or excellent condition 72-74 4 speed shifter boot for bench or centre armrest car, part number 3467755. It's a rubber boot that looks like it's sewn up leather.

WANTED: My original 440 blocks. Serial # 2A188182 and 3A100002

JMF

dodgecharger-fan

I'd scoop it up.

I still have my nose in the air waiting for the smell of the 71 MACH 1 that my old neighbour had.

He's gone now. I don't know where the car went.

70charger_boy

TeeWJay426

I'd grab it for that price without hesitation. Sounds like with a little effort and not much additional cash, you could either have a very fun ride for a while, or a good chance to make some Charger resto funds by flipping it.
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Chad L. Magee

You need to do a little investigation on the car, as it may be better than you think.  In 1969, Mach 1s were avalible a few months in and took alot of the publicity away from the other models.  Previous to this, GTs were still avalible and are quite rare (more valuable than a Mach 1 to the Mustang crowd).  Yes, the base engine in the Mach 1 that year was a 351-bll. windsor, but you could also get a 351-4bbl., 390-4bbl., 428 CJ, 428 SCJ (all with or without ram air according to my information).  I passed on a 69 GT fastback that orginally had the 390 shaker because it was rolled onto its roof (no engine, transmission present) and left there in a ravine (I could have bought it for $300 a decade ago).  It was rust free, but needed too much repair work to make it back on the road (the roof was crushed in to the level of the hood and not a strait panel on the car).  The old farmer who owns it does not let hardly anyone go near his fields, so that one is more than likely still out there.  I wish I would have taken pics of that one........
Ph.D. Metallocene Chemist......

68charger383

$5k is below value for a similar non-fatsback car with a 6cyl or 289. Sounds like a deal to me. Plus parts are very cheap and readily available
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Troy

I'd grab it. As a matter of fact, if you pass on it or want to sell it let me know. :D I prefer the 67-68 fastback but the 69 is certainly next on the list (I like the scoops on the quarters slightly more than the 70 but I like them too). I've been trying to buy a certain orange 69 Mach 1 off a relative for over 20 years now.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Ghoste

For that price, if it's in decent shape you should buy it even if you didn't want it.