News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

So long Daimler hahaha

Started by Nacho-RT74, August 13, 2007, 11:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nacho-RT74

hahaha funny welcome message on chat room:
SO LONG, DAIMLER!, THANKS FOR NOTHING!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Shame because I like A LOT MERCEDES BENZ, but is true they didn't make good as they are able to do it on these years on Chrysler.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

1carcrazyguy

Were they behind the SRT4 Neon and SRT6 crossfire?   Not the best examples of HP but still a decent hot rod!  :shruggy: 

TruckDriver

Quote from: 1carcrazyguy on August 14, 2007, 12:16:32 AM
Were they behind the SRT4 Neon and SRT6 crossfire?   Not the best examples of HP but still a decent hot rod!  :shruggy: 

BUT still god awful ugly :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Nacho-RT74

I never have seen it personally, juts pics but...I like crossfire
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Mean 318

41husk

I liked the looks of the crossfire, and PT ruizer, but I wish they would have offered some more power in the PT.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Brock Samson

well they make the PT Turbo and even a convert. GT with the turbo,.. which according to the reviews i read when it came out was a rocket and somewhat baised on the SRT/6... P.T.Cs are being discontinued as we speak however...
im sure there's plenty of info on the web about it...
The Crossfire was a way for German headquarters to bleed off excess production capacity from Karmen who actually makes them,..
cause the SLK lost out to the BMW and Audi TT in the sales race. I sat in a cross fire when they came out and i felt pinched, i need alot more room then that thing has, just for me not counting passengers and luggage.
I have though seriously concidered the P.T.Cruiser G.T. the P.T. was due to be a Plymouth BTW: but The German high command axed Plymouth very early on.

(The 300 M as a matter of fact was due to be the Eagle Vision but The Old Chysler Axed Eagle).

Ponch ®

When I was car shopping last year I was down to either the Xfire or the CHARGER. It's a neat little "sports car" and handled pretty well (got to test drive it and all). Thing was, I was talking to a neighbor who has one and he said that an oil change runs about $130 (cuz it's a Benz, after all) and that insurance would be pretty high (checked with my agent...yep...). I might have still gotten it, but the Nubian Princess convinced me that a 2 seater probably wouldn't be too practical, considering that I always want to drive whenever we go somewhere and we would need to fit more people in the car.

I'd still love to get my hands on a SRT-6 in a couple of years, when the CHARGER is paid off...unless I get a Challenger first.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Brock Samson

What's happin with your Charger though?..  :shruggy: I mean the "real" one..   :lol:

Ponch ®

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 14, 2007, 02:01:58 PM
What's happin with your Charger though?..  :shruggy: I mean the "real" one..   :lol:

still waiting. I have everything I need to drop the engine in at this point....except for time and enough know-how.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Khyron

maybe we'll start getting some 2 door cars back  ::)

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

TheGhost

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on August 14, 2007, 07:56:04 AM
Quote from: 1carcrazyguy on August 14, 2007, 12:16:32 AM

BUT still god awful ugly :yesnod:

How many new cars look good, though?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 14, 2007, 01:59:38 PM
When I was car shopping last year I was down to either the Xfire or the CHARGER. It's a neat little "sports car" and handled pretty well (got to test drive it and all). Thing was, I was talking to a neighbor who has one and he said that an oil change runs about $130 (cuz it's a Benz, after all) and that insurance would be pretty high (checked with my agent...yep...). I might have still gotten it, but the Nubian Princess convinced me that a 2 seater probably wouldn't be too practical, considering that I always want to drive whenever we go somewhere and we would need to fit more people in the car.

I'd still love to get my hands on a SRT-6 in a couple of years, when the CHARGER is paid off...unless I get a Challenger first.

I'd just like to point out that the "'06 haters" as you call them did not try to :stirthepot: this time as it relates to the word you have in bold above and the way in which you're using it to try pushing buttons. Don't play the victim when you're the one picking the scab. :nono:

By the way, as it relates to $130 oil changes, I've been told that the PT Cruiser has a similar issue with the transmission fluid changes because it involves some high tech German engineering techniques that we underlings cannot ever hope to understand. Only the dealers are authorized to do them. :shruggy:

I have some mixed amotions about the Germans bailing on Chrysler. They did some good here and there but I think they could have done better. Some of my favorite styling is found in Dodge SUVs and trucks that were built under the DCX name. I wish I had the same feeling about their cars but you can't always get what you want according to Mick. In the end it seems like they used Chrysler to bolster Benz and then tossed it to the wolves. Time will tell I guess.

TheGhost

Quote from: CHARGER_FAN on August 16, 2007, 06:52:35 PM
Quote from: TheGhost on August 16, 2007, 02:47:22 PM

How many new cars look good, though?
Two, for example... :D

I only see one good looking one.  The top one.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Really?

Here is a odd couple thoughts (guess that'll be my 'known quantity') on this forum. Kirk Kerkorian put together the investment group that purchased control of Chrysler. Ten years ago, Kirk and Lido made a more to gain control of Chrysler. Bob Lutz, Tom Gale et all sent out letters to any stockholder who would listen NOT to sell their shares to Kirk and Lido. However, those two bought a considerable amount of stock and held onto it. Not too much longer, the "Merger of Equals" is announced on both the Daimler and Chrysler sides (the Chrysler side "Gains" about $36 billion from the Fatherland). Within 2 years, 7 of the top 10 spots are manned by Germans at DamNear Chrysler and they go from being the most profitable per unit to the least profitable per unit. Kirk and Lido sue because this was no merger, this was a buyout and they recieved NO buyout premium :flame:...but the federal court agreed and Daimler paid about $600 million for this accounting 'oversight.' Judge called it something more like cheating, decieving, and lying. Next, Kirk went to GM and became the biggest single stockholder over there (Thanks, Daimler!). Knowing that economies run in cycles, Kirk waits and formulates a plan to accomplish what he wanted to do a decade earlier. So Kirk and the investment group wait and pounce on the failing beast and gain control for about $8 billion...is it any wonder Mercedes vehicles are rated so poorly in Consumer Reports? Christ, just be glad they aren't your financial advisor. Best part/most ironic/ church-going heebeegeebee part of this wacky tale? The investment group is called "Cerebus." Thats the name of the dog who guards the gates of Hell :smilielol: