News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How come none of the death proof chargers have popped up?

Started by THE CHARGER PUNK, August 07, 2007, 06:19:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE CHARGER PUNK

the move came out april 6th, they used 9 chargers and even the destroyed 1 was sold on ebay, how come none have surfaced anywhere? anyone have any insight o nthis or know where 1 of the cars is??? i would really like to look at it even through pictures :yesnod:-MATT

70charger_boy

I really don't think the destroyed one that was sold on ebay was from the movie, but rather an opportunist with a junk p.o.s capitalizing on the movie release

69bronzeT5

maybe the ones that got rolled got crushed or something??? or there sitting in some collector's field... :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

tomdroptop

Death Proof.....huh never even heard of that flick....avail on DVD now I'm guessin?
Anyone seen it? How bad/good was it?

h76

ScottMH

jasonfromIKILLYA

one of my favorite movies of the year.  frickin awesome
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

68charger383

1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Crazy Larry

Quote from: tomdroptop on August 07, 2007, 09:09:50 PM
Death Proof.....huh never even heard of that flick....avail on DVD now I'm guessin?

The only movie to ever cut the balls off a Charger and its driver, and make a 1970 Dodge Challenger into a chick mobile - the only movie ever. I actually thought to achieve such a feat was impossible - just couldn't be done. But Tarantino proved me wrong.

Thank God for DVD downloads so I didn't have to spend money to witness such a train wreck.

There are much more in-depth discussions and analysis on this phenomena here:

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,27111.0/all.html

tomdroptop

Sweet thanx all.......will need to grab it & watch the "train wreck" also lol.

free downloads rock !

Crazy Larry

Quote from: tomdroptop on August 08, 2007, 02:23:43 PM
Sweet thanx all.......will need to grab it & watch the "train wreck" also lol.

free downloads rock !

Its worth the no-cost 45 minute wait for the download - not a penny more.

;-)

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: tomdroptop on August 07, 2007, 09:09:50 PM

3 1/2 hours of your life you'll never get back. Buy a gun and place it on your temple if you want enjoyment.  :D
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

71bee

I heard the Tarantino saeved the choicest Challenger for his own personal car. I hope that's true. at least one of those sweet MoPars would have been spared.

THE CHARGER PUNK

Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 07, 2007, 06:38:49 PM
I really don't think the destroyed one that was sold on ebay was from the movie, but rather an opportunist with a junk p.o.s capitalizing on the movie release
nah that was a movie car ,the dash gave it away with that cage and everythign about the car, i also i called and talk to the guy over the phone, he also owns the car that was rolled :yesnod:

71bee

Quote from: 71bee on August 09, 2007, 01:35:18 PM
I heard that Tarantino saved the choicest Challenger for his own personal car. I hope that's true. at least one of those sweet MoPars would have been spared.