News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Thoughts on new generation Charger

Started by Really?, August 15, 2007, 02:03:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Really?

If you could upgrade/change anything about the new gen-Charger, what would it be?
My $.02 is this;
1) 2-door anybody?
2) Get rid of the Mercedes tranny. Not much aftermarket support, and if any of you have owned expensive German cars before- parts and repairs
     are 'on the moon' prices :eek2:
3) Why does the back end remind me of a 9/7th scale '05-up Mitsubishi Galant too much?
4) Covered headlights
5) Differential. See no.2; it is Mercedes as well. Would like to know which center they put in the cop-mobiles. From my understanding the
     suspension, tranny, and rear-end are previous generation Mercedes E-class (their mid-sized sedan). This is why the traction control never
     fully shuts off on civie models; however in order to have a pursuit model the Federal Marshalls, MSP,LAPD, and CHP all deem that traction
     control  be fully deactivated for certain manuevers. A trick with certain BMW's is that the differential housings are the same physical size;
     hence, you can stuff the stout gears from a 7-series into a 3-or 5- series for serious power transplants (BMW's are also the top choice for
     terrorists abroad. No joke). Somebody get Dana on the line, let's just get as much of this Benz equipment out of the car ASAP (Benz's quality
     is one of the worst, plus Dana is having some financial troubles from what I understand).

Mike DC

Either leave it mostly stock & drive it, or just take it out behind the barn with a shotgun.

pettyfan43

I happen to personally like the car, save your flaming, YEAH I also own a 66 Charger, a 73 Charger and have owned 17 others from 68-74 besides. I like the car and I'd buy one NOW to drive if I could, I probably would have bought one when I got my truck, but I NEEDED A TRUCK!

Really?

Just thoughs :scratchchin:- I've got 2 friends w/them and they aren't terrible by any stretch(one a std.Hemi, the other a 6.1).

Charger1973

My thoughts are that im just tired of hearing about it.  No offense to you, its just a topic that has been beat to death.  It doesnt look like a bad car, its just not a Charger to me, its a RWD Intrepid.

RD

67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: it's like a freakin comet comes around every few days just to piss you off...  :lol:

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

bull

Quote from: Charger1973 on August 15, 2007, 08:21:30 PM
My thoughts are that im just tired of hearing about it.  No offense to you, its just a topic that has been beat to death.  It doesnt look like a bad car, its just not a Charger to me, its a RWD Intrepid.

:iagree: I was hoping this thread would get no responses and go away, but since it didn't... :brickwall:

terrible one

Quote from: Charger1973 on August 15, 2007, 08:21:30 PM

Thank you. My thoughts exactly. No, it's not a Charger by any means. All marketing strategy of course. But the car itself, Charger name aside, is fine with me.

Really?

Like the comet comment; thank God I don't belong to a cult and the comet isn't 'Hale Bop.' Just in case, though I better go buy a pair of plain white nikes and some 'Jim Jones' Kool Aid mix! Don't want to miss my ride...

Brock Samson

you did see the other thread on the sedan just below this one right?..  :shruggy:

Chargen69

This horse was dead about a year and a half ago...   :yesnod:

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 15, 2007, 09:55:39 PM
:scratchchin: it's like a freakin comet comes around every few days just to piss you off...  :lol:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Ghoste

It may be a dead horse but it's clear no one's buried the carcass yet.  There were entirely way too many of them at the Nats IMO but atleast they have performance.  I still have faith in the Challenger and the new owners of Chrysler.

Plumcrazy

Quote from: Ghoste on August 17, 2007, 08:02:39 AM
It may be a dead horse but it's clear no one's buried the carcass yet. 

I doubt that would help, it's obviously a zombie horse.  :eek2:

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

CCSO41015

Have you all driven the new Charger.  I think you'd be pleasantly surprised as I was...

Brock Samson

Charger_Fan

Quote from: Plumcrazy on August 17, 2007, 11:08:20 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on August 17, 2007, 08:02:39 AM
It may be a dead horse but it's clear no one's buried the carcass yet. 

I doubt that would help, it's obviously a zombie horse.  :eek2:

I think it's actually multiple horses, we just keep seeing them one at a time. :D

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

hemihead

I still will never admit that that is a Charger.
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

Chargen69

I'm not talking about the new car being a dead horse, I was talking about all the complaining about it.  I have my 69, I don't care what they make or what they call it.  I got the one I want, whether or not I did or didn't like the new one doesnt matter.  But all the complaints haven't done anything to change the new Charger.

:Twocents:

Silver R/T

start with the new platform alltogether
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Ghoste

Quote from: Chargen69 on August 17, 2007, 09:10:39 PMBut all the complaints haven't done anything to change the new Charger.

I'm not so sure.  We'll never know for certain but I can't help thinking that enthusiast backlash to the Eurocharger played a huge role in the decision to proceed with the Challenger.

SeattleCharger

You can make a nice marine life habitat out of one.  Drain the fluids for environmental concerns, then sink it in about thirty or fourty feet of water, mean tide, and it makes a great structure for divers in the future.  It attracts lots of fish and other sea life as it serves as an anchor/habitat for seaweed, kelp, starfish, sea anenemes, etc.,  after a good ten years it is similar to a reef in terms of sea life that lives in the immediate area, 

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Chargen69

Quote from: Ghoste on August 18, 2007, 10:21:28 AM
Quote from: Chargen69 on August 17, 2007, 09:10:39 PMBut all the complaints haven't done anything to change the new Charger.

I'm not so sure.  We'll never know for certain but I can't help thinking that enthusiast backlash to the Eurocharger played a huge role in the decision to proceed with the Challenger.

True

Big Lebowski

What new Charger? Did I miss something, show me some pics. I'll bet it's a hot 2 door like the retro Mustang :2thumbs:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

TheGhost

Quote from: Big Lebowski on August 19, 2007, 06:28:55 PM
  What new Charger? Did I miss something, show me some pics. I'll bet it's a hot 2 door like the retro Mustang :2thumbs:

I hope it ain't like the new Mustang, because that's one ugly car.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

SeattleCharger

Went in Dodge dealership in Bellevue, they have a black SRT8 in showroom, it is pretty cool looking car.     black, black tinted windows, lowered, 20" wheels, hood scoop, wing, black leather interior,  they were selling it for 5 grand more than retail because of demand, so price was 50K,
   My girl friend I was with asked the salesman if she could get one in a two door model.   :2thumbs:
  oh ya, I guess the dealership is taking down payments for new challengers,  an R/T for around low/mid 30K range, not many SRT8's will be made,

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.