News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Power Brakes to Manual? HELP PLEASE!!

Started by THE COLONEL, August 16, 2007, 02:29:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE COLONEL

Thanks for the insight on my other thread of getting rid of the booster.  It happens that I do need to get my brkaes fixed before next weekend, and I wanted to know, does anyone have a link on how to do the change over from power to manual for a Charger, or a step by step process that I can print out and follow from start to finish?  Brakes are something I am totally new at, and I don't want to spend the money if I don't have too.   I Obviously I know what bolts go to the booster now, but My Father-In-Law, and I are going to take a stab at it, and try to get it done before Next Saturday.  Any help would be much appreceiated.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Just 6T9 CHGR

Do you have the FSM?   All your info will be in there.

before you "take a stab at it" do you have the necessary parts to make the swap?

Manual master mounting plate & manual brake pushrod, lines etc?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

THE COLONEL

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on August 16, 2007, 06:15:17 PM
Do you have the FSM?   All your info will be in there.

before you "take a stab at it" do you have the necessary parts to make the swap?

Manual master mounting plate & manual brake pushrod, lines etc?

Is the FSM, the service manual?  I do have a reprinted copy of that.  The other items I do not have, which is one of the reasons I need help to figure out what I need to do the swap.  Thanks for responding Chris! ;)
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

terrible one

I'm doing this as well.

You need the plate that goes between the master cylinder and firewall from a manual disc car. You also need the manual disc MC (of course) and the manual pushrod, which is a different length than the one for power brakes. Also, for manual brakes, the brake lines exit on the opposite side of the master cylinder than with power brakes, so you'll have to do something about that, but maybe you can talk your old lines into bending to where they'll work.