News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dash-Board Question:

Started by Captain D, August 14, 2007, 11:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

As I'm restoring my Charger, and dying a lot of the original vinyl and hard plastics with SEM's, I began thinking about the dash-board. The very front feels like the hard plastic. However, right behind it (and right under the windshield), it's metal.

With SEM's to be used on hard plastics and vinyl, did most of you guys just use Rust-o-leum paints that is close to the color of the SEM's on the metal areas, such as this particular part of the dash-board?

Thank you for your time,
Aaron

JrJohnston

SEM's make a paint for metal to match what you have used else where.
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com
www.myspace.com/scbautotrim

Brock Samson

Recharger redid his entire dash (blue) he's be a good guy to ask these questions...

do a search i think he did a thread explaining with lots of pictures... came out awsome too BTW..

i'm trying to find his thread,...
i found this which was before he finsihed his up...

http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,11620.0.html

Captain D

Awesome! I didn't know that SEM's make paint for metal. I'll definitely check it out; "THANK YOU" for the info, as well as the link!

High Regards,
Aaron

p.s - Quick Question: I checked real quick the SEM's paint for metals. I'm doing my interior "Palomino Tan." So far, no luck finding this particular color for metal at SEM's. Does anyone know all of the colors that SEM's makes for metals, where I might find it, or at least of another company that may have colors for metals? If not, it's okay, there's always Rustoleum perhaps...

Thanks again for any replies!

JrJohnston

Try a autobody supply store,if they don't have the SEM's you are looking for they can mix you up some paint that will match,and might even be able to put in a rattle can for you.
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com
www.myspace.com/scbautotrim

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

BMOTOXSTAR

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Captain D

Yeah, SEMS is awesome! I called Rustoleum and they have a color that matches my SEMS color. However, it doesn't have a rust preventative in it. But, they suggested getting a Primer that does have a rust preventative in it,then apply the Rustoleum color. So, we'll see what happens soon.
Thanks again for the replies,
Aaron