News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

interior spray can colors

Started by pancho13, August 14, 2007, 10:04:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pancho13

I' m getting ready to spray my dash (72 se); any suggestions as to what color/brand of black I can get at a hardware/auto store (semi-gloss/etc)?
I would like to do it with a spray can if possible, but if you guys suggest against it, I'll wait.

Also, what can I use to paint the brown on the rallye dash & dash insert? I was thinking of doing a good cleaning & spraying w/clear

any suggestions or links are appreciated as always!

JrJohnston

Landau Black,and I recommend SEMS Vinyl Dye and a good adheasion promoter.If you can find Bulldog it is a real good adheasion promoter,and just fallow the step's on the back of the can.
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com
www.myspace.com/scbautotrim

pancho13

Sorry, I meant the dash frame, glovebox door, ashtray, etc. Is that a factory semi gloss? Special paint?

Thanks

JimShine

Those are usually textured lacquers. You can try auto color library, or Tower Paint.

68chrgrwife

your local auto zone/ pep boys also now carries a rattle can interior spray paint....we used it on out upper door panels and they look pretty good
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

pancho13

Thanks! 

Any suggestions for the brown plastic rallye gauge cover?

68chrgrwife

Quote from: pancho13 on August 17, 2007, 09:34:39 PM
Thanks! 

Any suggestions for the brown plastic rallye gauge cover?

Pretty sure that the same paint would work for that too.  it is for vinyl interiors.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

pancho13

I painted the frame krylon semi-flat & I couldn't fine a suitable brown color so I just cleaned & armour all'ed it; better than nada! The silver sharpee to redo the silver trim works great!

Thanks to everyone for the help!