News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Business reviews sought on Wards Classic Car Radio

Started by bull, August 14, 2007, 07:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I'm looking for some reviews on Wards Classic Car Radio Repair. I'm sure someone here has used them, they seem to be pretty prolific. I was told it would cost me $115 with return shipping to have them restore my AM thumbwheel radio and the results look pretty good according to their website and the Ebay sales I've seen. The turnaround on them is as short as three days. Are they good people?

keepat

I bought a restored AM radio from them on ebay $190 and it works & looks great! :2thumbs:

Chatt69chgr

I used them to go over my AM thumbwheel for my 69 chgr.  This was a couple of years ago and it cost me $75 then.  Got the radio back pretty fast too.  Not too many folks fix these anymore.

Winged 1

;)
Pretty top notch. I had them go thru an am/fm and check it all out and look everything over. They did that and then also cleaned the out side case. Had it back in about a week.
Don't remember the cost, but nobody in greater Seattle area would even look at it. I am happy and would highly recommend!!
Eric   :2thumbs:

Alaskan_TA

Greg is a great guy and does awesome work.  :2thumbs:

Barry

bull

Sounds good. I figured they were above board but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Chris G.

I am going to use them to do my A-Body AM/FM radio. They have a good rep, and looks like they do great work.

69CoronetRT

They did my 69 thumbwheel/ 8 track.

Great communicaton, fair price, quick turnaround, exceptional packing and shipping and quality work. Highly recommended. :2thumbs:
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

bull

Quote from: 69CoronetRT on August 15, 2007, 12:28:43 PM

Great communicaton, fair price, quick turnaround, exceptional packing and shipping and quality work. Highly recommended. :2thumbs:

Hiow much did it cost to restore an 8-track player?

Mean 318

Quote from: bull on August 15, 2007, 01:11:49 PM

I would like to know too! :cheers:

69CoronetRT

Quote from: bull on August 15, 2007, 01:11:49 PM

Around $125 comes to mind. I'd have to dig out the invoice to know for sure. Mine was in pretty good shape to start with but needed a good cleaning and drive belt.
Seeking information on '69 St. Louis plant VINs, SPDs and VONs. Buld sheets and tag pictures appreciated. Over 3,000 on file thanks to people like you.

Dodge Don

Greg restored my AM/FM radio. Top notch. Highly recommend.

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Dodge Don on August 15, 2007, 05:41:45 PM

How did the cross border shipping go? Any problems?

Dodge Don

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on August 15, 2007, 06:57:19 PM
Quote from: Dodge Don on August 15, 2007, 05:41:45 PM

How did the cross border shipping go? Any problems?

No issues if you send via Canada Post package. Send by UPS and they get hit with brokerage fees that he"lll charge back to you. Fair.

http://1970chargerregistry.com/70messageboard/viewtopic.php?t=4015

dodgecharger-fan

Thanks Don!

I'll get mine packaged up and sent down to him.

pettyfan43

I have literally known Greg and his Dad for 10-15 years, went to school with his older brother, he is DEFINITELY a stand up guy, I saw him not long ago at the local mopar show. His dad is an electronics GURU! I saw some radios he had done for others at the show and they are GORGEOUS!
Greg is a MOPAR guy through and through and has a working knowledge of these cars that is pretty strong!

You can trust him, no problem!