News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

What Kind Of Booster Is this?

Started by THE COLONEL, August 20, 2007, 07:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE COLONEL

Well, after talking to the guy that will be putting the Big Block in The Colonel this winter, he had suggested getting the booster rebuilt.  Anyway, I call a guy, and all he rebuilds are boosters.  He asked me today what kind of booster I have, and said he thinks they had 3 different kinds of boosters for B Bodies.  Well, I had no idea, but I will be calling him in the morning to explain to him the one I have, but I thought I would post pics here of the booster that I took out of The Colonel today to see if any of you knew the specific booster I have, so I know for tomorrow instead of trying to explain it to him over the phone.  I told him I had drums all the way around but that didn't help.  Anyone know?

"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

THE COLONEL

I think I know what different boosters he was talking baout.  I did some searching, and remembered he said about a crimping or twist booster, but I had no idea what he was talking about.  The booster I have has a bolt, and nut attaching the cover to the assembly.  I am assuming this is a single diaphragm.  The other one the 69 service manula says is a crimping method of attchaing the the cover.  I thin kI may have answered my own question. :brickwall:
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Just 6T9 CHGR

The drum brake cars used the clamped together single diaphragm unit made by Midland-Ross

Disc brake cars used the dual diaphragm crimped together style made by Bendix

Thats it....only 2 styles

You can buy the Midland-Ross units all day long new or rebuilt with the correct yellow-cad color...only Bendix boosters should be black

Check Ebay or NAPA
Chris' '69 Charger R/T