News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Best order to put front suspension back together

Started by OldGuy, August 13, 2007, 11:18:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OldGuy

Okay, we have everything ready to put the front suspension back together in the 68 Charger.  The following is the order in which we took it out/apart (as best I can remember) and didn't seem to have much problem.  We plan to reverse the order putting it back together.

1.   Removed front sway bar
2.   Took the front brakes/drums, etc. off of the spindles
3.   Unhooked the steerage linkage and removed i.e. took out idler arm, tie rod ends, adjuster sleeves and center link – then took off   pitman arm.
4.   Took off front shock absorbers while compressing lower control arms (LCA)
5.   Took spindles off upper control arms (UCA)
6.   Removed UCA's
7.   Took off torsion bar adjusters
8.   Took torsion bars off
9.   Unhooked struts from frame
10.   Took off LCA's with struts

So, if I reverse the process, is that the easiest way to put it all back together?

It looks like it would be easier to put the spindles on the UCA before putting the UCA's back in.  Also, put the struts in the LCA before putting the LCA's back on?

Any suggestions to make it easier would be appreciated.
"I can tell by your sarcastic undertones, rude comments and total lack of common decency, that you and I could be best friends".