News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Big Problems with Scam on E-Bay. Help !

Started by BMOTOXSTAR, August 13, 2007, 10:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMOTOXSTAR

Here is my deal,
  I have been selling CD's, record and a bunch of other items on E-Bay for a few years snow. I have been a great seller with over 700 transactions. I buy &  sell on E-Bay.
Well allmost a year ago I sold a very rare Live Slayer LP/Record to a guy in Columbia. I mailed it with insurance and fast shipping. The guy says he never got the LP after a year ago.
Why did he wait so long to complain?
  Then he says he wants his money back and if I do not pay him back that he is going to hack my E-Bay. :flame:
He says that he has friends that will bid on my items and not pay so that I get charged selling fees, cause me problems, etc...
So last week I had a bunch of rare CD's and records on E-Bay & one of his foreign butt-buddies bids on 4 of my items at a very high price. I am amsuming that it is this guys pal, could be just another weiner form Colombia.The buyer had good feed back & was purchasing the same type of items I had for sale. The chod then send me an e-mail that he will not pay for the items he bid on and that I had better beware. :slap:l
  He e-mailed me this through E-Bay. So I try to contact E-Bay and all I get is ways to contact them by E-Mail. SO I did and have heard nothing yet.
I do not want to change my seller ID, etc just cause of this pole smoker.
Here is what his last E-Bay e-mail said. I have added him to my "block user" list but who knows how many of these Columbian scammers there are.  :scratchchin:
What should I do, I have to wait 2 more days to file un-paid item disputes & I will still have to re-list the items.
This homo has real bad broken English but the point is made. :rotz:

User Details:   

From User:  lordzadist( 4) 
  83.3% Positive Feedback 
  Member since Feb-28-07 in Colombia 
  Activity with lordzadist (last 90 days): I have bid on 0 items from lordzadist.
Activity with lordzadist (last 90 days): lordzadist has bid on 0 of my items. 

Dear bmotoxstar,

NOT WISE THAT WAS NEVER YOU, YOU RESPONDIO FOR AN ARTICLE THAT HE(SHE) PAYS TO HIM(HER). And IT IS GOOD THAT EBAY AND THE CLIENTS KNOW THAT YOU ARE BADLY SELLING. MY QUALIFICATION ALWAYS NEGATIVE FOR YOU. I AM SERIOUS ENOUGH 

73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

konigcharger

:scratchchin:  i think there is only one solution to this mess:

punch him in the throat  :yesnod:

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

BMOTOXSTAR

15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

70charger_boy

forward that email to ebay customer support.  They will suspend his account.  If that doesn't work...........................Punch him in the throat :icon_smile_big:

41husk

Punch him in the throat first, then foreward his email :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

red72chrgr

Mess with his account if he has one, if that doesn't work, punch him in da throat.
Nothing personal, just business

70charger_boy

68 RT

Don't sell to countries other than US or Canada. If some bids on your item from othe than these, you can cancel there bid. I have had problems like this just recently on ebay. I also only accept paypal from verified addresses and users. Also postal MO.

Lee01

First report this to Ebay,
than cancel is bid
Block is ID member
On your Ebay preference, there an option to block people with negative feeback, low feedback rating or must have 10 sucessfull transaction.
You won't have to change ID with these directive.

I'm a seller on Ebay ''nikkonos'', I sell worldwide, and not afraid of it, scumbag are always there, but there easy to spot....sometime.
Current ride:
2012 Boss 302 YB #0664
2018 WRX
2018 Crosstrek
2004 SRT-4
WTB 68-69 Charger

THE CHARGER PUNK

my friend just tried 2 buy a 1969 charger r/t off ebay last month the ad looked legit it was a red and black r/t that was numbers matching my friend wires the money and wait for delivery that never came he tried to contact the owner multiple times and nothing, so now hes out 12g's

The70RT

I wouldn't send anyone shit till i seen the car. Most of the they want you to wire money to a foreign country and have a cheap buy it now on a high dollar machine.....a recent ebayed car that they stole pics and info. He should have known you don't get a nice R/T for 12K :-\

BMOTOXSTAR I agree with Lee01.......then if you ever find him kick his ass. :nutkick:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Manfred318

Yea I agree with Lee01 on this one too. Then if all else fails a swift kick in the nads is in order. :nutkick:
BMOTOXSTAR I'm the current high bidder on your Doors albums :yesnod: :2thumbs: Got any more records comming up for sale?

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

The70RT

Also if the high bidder is a scammer contact the 2nd. highest bidder.....they actually may make you some cash.

70charger_boy

On a side note.  If you list a item on wednesday aug 15th.  They wont charge you any listing fees.  As long as item has a starting bid of $9.99 or less and a gallery pic

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 14, 2007, 08:11:34 PM
On a side note.  If you list a item on Wednesday Aug 15th.  They wont charge you any listing fees.  As long as item has a starting bid of $9.99 or less and a gallery pic

Thanks Man,
I have tons of stuff to list. I tried the 2nd chance offer and no one bid. They must have thought I was a scam since the items were re-listed. Juts like when Mopars are re-listed. :shruggy:
I am really having no luck with help from E-Bay. :flame:
I blocked the user & am trying to have the fees taken of through a dispute.
Man, that really gets me mad. :flame: :pity:
Tahnks for the help Mopar buddies. :yesnod:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

70charger_boy

Hang in there and watch out for the latest scam.  It is a fake email from ebay saying that you are upgraded to a powerseller.  When you click on the link it will ask you for username and password and that's how they hack your account

The70RT

Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 14, 2007, 10:32:34 PM
Hang in there and watch out for the latest scam.  It is a fake email from ebay saying that you are upgraded to a powerseller.  When you click on the link it will ask you for username and password and that's how they hack your account

I got one the other day and never thought about it. I just deleted it.

70charger_boy

Quote from: The70RT on August 15, 2007, 05:34:54 AM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 14, 2007, 10:32:34 PM

I got one the other day and never thought about it. I just deleted it.

me too, I always check my messages in my ebay to see if it is real

69bronzeT5

Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 13, 2007, 11:01:19 PM
forward that email to ebay customer support.  They will suspend his account.  If that doesn't work...........................Punch him in the throat :icon_smile_big:

:smilielol:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

rav440

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on August 14, 2007, 10:25:06 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 14, 2007, 08:11:34 PM
On a side note.  If you list a item on Wednesday Aug 15th.  They wont charge you any listing fees.  As long as item has a starting bid of $9.99 or less and a gallery pic

Thanks Man,
I have tons of stuff to list. I tried the 2nd chance offer and no one bid. They must have thought I was a scam since the items were re-listed. Juts like when Mopars are re-listed. :shruggy:
I am really having no luck with help from E-Bay. :flame:
I blocked the user & am trying to have the fees taken of through a dispute.
Man, that really gets me mad. :flame: :pity:
Tahnks for the help Mopar buddies. :yesnod:

i doubt that after 1 year he could file a dispute with EBAY . when selling to another country used either UPS or USPS GLOBAL EXPRESS its not cheap for the buyer but it have tracking and proof of delivery , always get a tracking # and insure the crap out of it . i learned my lesson a few years ago when i sold an item to some guy in england , i shiiped it the cheapest way i could thru USPS , not tracking and no insurance , he fialded a claim with PAY PAL and i lost and going back and forth with the dispute department .

good luck and REPORT that guy to EBAY .  :2thumbs:
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

68chrgrwife

we've had similar stuff happen right her in the US  shipped out my sega dreamcast with a few games (the guy won it for like $65) it was shipped to his address the postman wrote to us to tell us that he left it on the front steps (during the investigation).  Guy swears that he never got it and gets his money back.  We fight with e-bay (principle thing not the money) and they tell us there is nothing they or we can do they have the money back.  But now Hubby purchased something, we paid thru paypal never recieved the item (over $100) and paypal says that we won the dispute (the seller never talks to paypal, we win by default), and there is no money in the account so we can't get our money back.  we have to wait till there is money in the account.  Well, their account is shut down due to the claim, so how are they gonna get money in the account?  They probably opened another account and could care less.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

rav440

Quote from: 68chrgrwife on August 17, 2007, 12:22:29 PM
we've had similar stuff happen right her in the US  shipped out my sega dreamcast with a few games (the guy won it for like $65) it was shipped to his address the postman wrote to us to tell us that he left it on the front steps (during the investigation).  Guy swears that he never got it and gets his money back.  We fight with e-bay (principle thing not the money) and they tell us there is nothing they or we can do they have the money back.  But now Hubby purchased something, we paid thru paypal never recieved the item (over $100) and paypal says that we won the dispute (the seller never talks to paypal, we win by default), and there is no money in the account so we can't get our money back.  we have to wait till there is money in the account.  Well, their account is shut down due to the claim, so how are they gonna get money in the account?  They probably opened another account and could care less.

then what is the reason for having a credit card to back up PAY PAL ? cant they charge that ?

even thought there is some BS that happens on EBAY ill never sell something anyother way . i guess you have to take the good with the bad .
1973 PLYMOUTH road runner GTX

68chrgrwife

Quote from: rav440 on August 17, 2007, 12:32:56 PM
Quote from: 68chrgrwife on August 17, 2007, 12:22:29 PM

then what is the reason for having a credit card to back up PAY PAL ? cant they charge that ?

even thought there is some BS that happens on EBAY ill never sell something anyother way . i guess you have to take the good with the bad .

Not all accounts are backed up with a CC.  Ours isn't.  I know this because I don't have a CC anymore.
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

The70RT

You need a credit card or a bank account registered or you spending limit is 2,000. The seller never wins a dispute over a lost item without a tracking number

68chrgrwife

Our account is backed by our bank account. 
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
2008 DODGE CHARGER

BMOTOXSTAR

Still waiting on the decision of the E-Bay dispute. :rotz:
Thanks for all the input. :cheers:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: 68 RT on August 14, 2007, 02:04:03 PM
Don't sell to countries other than US or Canada. If some bids on your item from othe than these, you can cancel there bid. I have had problems like this just recently on ebay. I also only accept paypal from verified addresses and users. Also postal MO.

thanks!!!...
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Lee01 on August 14, 2007, 02:22:18 PM

I'm a seller on Ebay ''nikkonos'', I sell worldwide, and not afraid of it, scumbag are always there, but there easy to spot....sometime.

that's the attitude. There are same A$$holes outside than inside USA
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

daytonalo

You learned your lesson like I did ! So now I require a signature on all out of US sales, Via USPS

ChargerSG

That guy either got his ebay hijacked or he just an ass.
I´ve been buying stuff on Ebay for years but this last year its been to much scams and assholes, im really thinking in stopping buying carparts there since paypal and ebay dont do jack if get rip off anyway.
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

70charger_boy

I agree. Ebay is totally out of hand.  I got robbed out of at least 20 feedbacks.  I had one guy give my 3 negatives without emailing me first about his problem.  I had one jackoff call me, because he didn't receive his tail lights.  I tracked his order and I told him it was at his post office.  He proceeded to flip out saying "There is a million post office's in Los Angeles, which one is it in?"  I told him there is only one post office per zip code you freaking doofus.  Then I never heard from him again.  He must have got his part.

:RantExplode:Then you have the idiots who are selling there cars.  I love this one

1969 Dodge Charger RT/SE

This is the real deal folks.  You are bidding on a real deal RT/SE.  The motor in it is non matching, but car has a freshly rebuilt 440 from a camper.....yada yada yada

Ok Rant off....I'm having a bad day :RantExplode:

BMOTOXSTAR

Man,
Looks like other people are getting robbed as well. :rotz:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

The70RT

I agree take the good with the bad. It is more of a hassle to sell stuff at swapmeets. You have to load all your parts then unload them. Listen to jackasses try to jew you down. Wonder where this part walked off to. How's the weather, Loading it all back up then getting back home and unloading and the worst not being able to do any looking yourself because you couldn't leave your stuff at the meet. As far as eBay goes I found out most car people are better people then your average joe blows buying cd's, diecast, etc. If you use a delivery confirmation on your items then the scammers can't get PayPal or eBay to refund their money. If eBay starts that crap about reporting all eBay usage to the IRS then I think eBay will go down hill. Who wants to keep records on I bought this for x amount and sold it for x amount then eBay fees were x amount, packing was x amount, my time was x amount, I am using x amount of space in my house, my fuel to the post office was x amount. Pretty soon you have an inch thick file on every fricking item................just venting. Maybe the swap meet thing isn't so bad after all :shruggy: