News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Old Dodge Truck - What's It Worth? (Pics)

Started by Old Moparz, September 09, 2007, 08:36:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Moparz

Okay, I was in a rush & didn't check to see what year it is, but it wasn't listed on the for sale sign either. I'm not sure what the truck might be worth, but the price on the sign is asking $5500 for it. It looks solid, but nobody was around to ask if the truck runs. I know I can call the number & ask the seller, but I was hoping to get an idea of what the truck is worth so I don't waste anyone's time. A friend of mine has been looking for an old truck, & this one I spotted on the way home today.

It has a home made wooden bed with rails that appears to be nice, but definitely not stock. The interior is okay for an old truck & the bench seat has been redone. All the glass is there & fairly clear, but the lower part of the windshield is a little foggy. The old plate on the back end says 1949.  (oops, now that I look at it again, it says 1946)

Anybody have an idea what year it is, & if it's worth $5500? .........Thanks.  :cheers:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

More pics.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Old Moparz

Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

TruckDriver

Todd Wilson will give you the answer your looking for as this is pretty much the same as his. It's a nice looking truck.
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Todd Wilson

I am gonna guess its a late 45 or 46 truck Might be a 47 but it has some interior looks that makes me not think 47. Is the chrome front grill cross dented up or was that reflection?  If you can turn the key and start it and drive it home with no worries and the paint is as good in person as the photos its worth 5500$. 

I thought I saw some runs in the paint on the lower door area of the one picture. Cab and fenders appear to be really straight.  They tend to rust in the middle of the rear of the cab down lower at the bottom. Sometimes around the floor area where your foot would be on the outside of both sides. Those trucks tend to have dings and dents on the sides of both front fenders as its hard to judge where they are when turning and they got bumped over the years.

I see some new brake line out back and what appears to be a fluid bottle inside. Might have brake issues.

If the tires are shot you can plan on about 150$ a wheel for new tires and tubes and flaps. At least in my area thats the price. I would make sure its not cobbled up in the wiring department with someone trying to convert to 12volt. Stuff could be fried and gauges not work.

Its probably a WF-32 or WF-31 model truck. Inside the door jam will be a serail# tag. Either the drivers door or passenger door. Also the # on the engine block is usefull. Its on the drivers front edge of the head. Also the serail# is stamped in the frame right above the drivers front wheel. Pretty big numbers. Should match the tag in the door jam.

Truck will be slow and rough riding. Dont plan on using it as a hauler. If you trailer it home bring the heavy equipment. Probably in the 6-7 thousand pound range.

Todd

Old Moparz

Thanks Todd.   :cheers:   (Pabst Blue Ribbon)

I'm going to get in touch with my friend to see if this interests him, then call the seller to find out more about the truck. Yes, the grille is dented up a bit too, I bet that isn't too easy to replace.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Old Moparz on September 10, 2007, 06:35:24 AM
Thanks Todd.   :cheers:   (Pabst Blue Ribbon)

I'm going to get in touch with my friend to see if this interests him, then call the seller to find out more about the truck. Yes, the grille is dented up a bit too, I bet that isn't too easy to replace.

Couple hundred $ can replace the grill. This appears to be a fine example of an original/restored truck. I hope your friend will keep it the way it is and not rat rod it or put a different motor in it or put the cab on a pickup truck frame trying to make it into something that its not.

If you have never been in any of the old old iron this will be an education. The truck is what it is and nothing more. There will be no freeway driving. You cant rush the truck. The truck lets you drive it and if you dont do it right it will tell you in a big way! HEHE! Dont forget to double clutch the tranny when shifting!!!!!!!!

Todd

Charger_Fan

As I was going through the pics, I was gonna say it's a bummer someone smunched what looks to have been a sweet grille...then I saw the new brake lines & the bottle of brake fluid...yep, looks like that's why the grille is smooshed. :lol:

Nice looking truck, though. :yesnod:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Highbanked Hauler

Hey Todd,I haven't heard the words "double clutching"since I was a teenager working for a construction outfit.You definately wouldn't want to go drag racing with it
69 Charger 500, original owner  
68 Charger former parts car in process of rebuilding
92 Cummins Turbo Diesel
04 PT Cruiser

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Highbanked Hauler on September 10, 2007, 09:55:52 PM
Hey Todd,I haven't heard the words "double clutching"since I was a teenager working for a construction outfit.You definately wouldn't want to go drag racing with it

Nope!  A certain way and speed of shifting both up and down and thats the way it is. Try to go faster or do it faster and all it does is grind.

Todd

6670charger

I didn't see what the guy had posted for price, but I would have said around $5K for it.  It's a decent looking truck if you're into that sort of thiing.  Even if it doesn't run, the amount of work that apparently went into making it look that nice is certainly worth around $5K.
Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963