News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Powdercoating Dash Frame? Yes? No?

Started by Corellian Corvette, August 13, 2007, 11:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corellian Corvette

I have the dash frame out for cleaning and I have to take a bunch of parts to have powder coated.

Seems like the blasting and powdercoating the Dash Frame would be good long-term protection. Anybody done this? Any thing I should take into consideration?

JrJohnston

Have not done it on a Charger but I did do it on my Camaro,and the main thing you have to watch for is the thickness of the powder coating.
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com
www.myspace.com/scbautotrim

8WHEELER

It would work, but you have to be carefull to get that flat/satin finish on the top side, that
can't be gloss as you know.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Corellian Corvette

Thanks guys!

I use a local place and they're standard color is a semi-flat (if I use the standard color they shoot it costs a lot less). I was more worried about thickness or things not fitting.

JrJohnston

What I ended up doing on my Camaro was grinding off the powder coating in places that I was affraid it was too thick,then just sprayed some black paint back on it to cover up the metal.
Junior Johnston
SCB AutoTrim
2565 B W. Bennett
Springfield,Mo 65807
417-869-7700
www.scbautotrim-mo.com
www.myspace.com/scbautotrim