News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Montoya nad Harvick get into shoving match at Walkins Glen

Started by dukeboy_318, August 12, 2007, 03:44:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dukeboy_318

Just like title says, Montoya and Harvick get into shoving match after spinning each other. 
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

red72chrgr

Tell him Kevin!!!!! Montoya shoved first, should have gotten his butt handed to him. Unfortunately, with our pc society, Montoya will get away with his actions.
Nothing personal, just business

dukeboy_318

TruckDriver

Geeez you guys, wasn't even Montoyas fault this time. Martain Truex started the whole thing by hitting Montoya. Watch the replays once ::) :rotz:

:hah:

And Harvick is a total A$$ hole anyway. :yesnod:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

dukeboy_318

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on August 12, 2007, 05:13:23 PM
Geeez you guys, wasn't even Montoyas fault this time. Martain Truex started the whole thing by hitting Montoya. Watch the replays once ::) :rotz:

Oh, I agree totally, but montoya grabbed Harvick first and started the shoving and grabbing contest.  and yeah i'm not a big fan of harvick either.

red72chrgr

I know what happened and how it started. I'm just saying when someone's mad, last thing you should do is lay a hand on someone. Besides Montoya will be top dog next year, Sabates will see to that($$$$). Hell, got enough money, Nascar will let ya do anything.
Nothing personal, just business

The70RT

Quote from: dukeboy_318 on August 12, 2007, 05:23:02 PM

I'm not a big fan of ether one. I was hoping they would both fight and get fined.  :boxing_smiley:

Oh, I agree totally, but montoya grabbed Harvick first and started the shoving and grabbing contest.  and yeah i'm not a big fan of harvick either.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

69_500

Actually after watching the replays about 15 times already, of once they get out of the car. It appears that Harvick puts his right hand on Montoya's helmet first, and that is when Montoya pushes Harvick back with a hand to his helmet. Whole scene could have been avoided if harvick wouldn't have pulled right in front of Montoya's car and then got out. It doesn't take a genius to figure that he was planning on getting out of the car and getting into someone's face. Even Rusty commented as it was going on that he thought it would be a fight.

RECHRGD

Hell, if your going to "go at it" then take of your helmets and do it!
13.53 @ 105.32

The70RT

Chargen69

Geeez you guys, wasn't even Montoyas fault this time. Martain Truex started the whole thing by hitting Montoya.

JPM was trying to defend a spot that he couldnt keep, Truex was coming hard around him.  JPM could have messed up just trying that big swing out to block the 1.  These cars dont stick quite as good as the F1 cars he was used to.

BTW Tony Stewart's comment was really cool. 

"I hear they still had the Hans and helmets on ... If you're not going to take 'em off then don't waste everyone's time," Stewart said.

:slap: :smilielol: :spank:

ChgrSteve67

Quote from: Chargen69 on August 13, 2007, 01:17:05 PM
BTW Tony Stewart's comment was really cool. 

"I hear they still had the Hans and helmets on ... If you're not going to take 'em off then don't waste everyone's time,"

:iagree:

Ponch ®

Quote from: Chargen69 on August 13, 2007, 01:17:05 PM
Geeez you guys, wasn't even Montoyas fault this time. Martain Truex started the whole thing by hitting Montoya.

JPM was trying to defend a spot that he couldnt keep, Truex was coming hard around him.  JPM could have messed up just trying that big swing out to block the 1.  These cars dont stick quite as good as the F1 cars he was used to.

yep...JPM did get punted by Truex, but he should not have put himself in that position in the first place. If he hadn't been so impatient, he would have let Truex go - who probably would have got hung up or wrecked once they got to the turn anyway. But you're absolutely right - he was defending a position he would have lost either way, if not to Truex , to someone else. His bonehead move set off the chain of events that led to the wreck, so it IS his fault. But I ain't complaining either...made it interesting for a few minutes.

QuoteBTW Tony Stewart's comment was really cool. 

"I hear they still had the Hans and helmets on ... If you're not going to take 'em off then don't waste everyone's time," Stewart said.

:slap: :smilielol: :spank:

:haha: I totally missed that, but he's right. It's like Danica Patrick shoving Dan Wheldon - very brave of her  ::)...like he is EVER gonna shove her back or do anything in retaliation on national TV.

I think Harvick overreacted, but a) it makes the race more exciting and b) An ass kicking of JPM is long overdue for all the reckless moves and accidents he's caused this year. You know...as a "Welcome to NASCAR, newb" lesson.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

The70RT

I agreeMontoya is due for a lesson learned. Harvick is way over due though. He was a real prick for getting into it with Kenseth when Kenseth booted Sauter last year in the busch race. Harvick was teamates with Jay Sauter then. Then the next day Harvick booted Rudd out of the way a lap too soon then Rudd paid him back on the last lap and paid him back and won the race I think it was the Bristol weekend :smilielol:

Ponch ®

Quote from: The70RT on August 13, 2007, 02:17:01 PM
I agreeMontoya is due for a lesson learned. Harvick is way over due though. He was a real prick for getting into it with Kenseth when Kenseth booted Sauter last year in the busch race. Harvick was teamates with Jay Sauter then. Then the next day Harvick booted Rudd out of the way a lap too soon then Rudd paid him back on the last lap and paid him back and won the race I think it was the Bristol weekend :smilielol:

wasn't that like 5 years ago? :shruggy:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

68chrgrwife

I watched the race and I did see that Montoya did not start the fight...and  Harvick did say in an interview (before he saw the replay) that all he was thinking when he got out of the car was he was gonna kick his ass for getting into him...It is a shame that racers don't know what is totally going on and start taking crap out on other people before finding out what happened.  Montoya said that he was trying to explain that he was hit and harvick didn't care....they both should get fined as far as I'm concerned, they are both jerk-wads.  BTW Bobby Labonte RULES!!!!
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

The70RT

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 14, 2007, 02:02:26 PM
Quote from: The70RT on August 13, 2007, 02:17:01 PM

wasn't that like 5 years ago? :shruggy:

I just checked and Ricky never one there? Maybe it was somewhere else. Matt Kenseth won there last year. Maybe it was Lowes? It was a night race. Any way he got what he deserved.