News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Barn find of the century 1970 superbird

Started by 70charger_boy, August 12, 2007, 03:03:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charger_boy

Ok, I just stumbled on a barn find of the century.  The owner of this car has no idea what he has and what hewants for it.  He said if he doesn't sell he is going to junk it. I asked him what he wanted for it and he said he wanted it out of the yard.  Another guy pulled up with a trailer and offered him 2 grand and took it. :brickwall: :flame:

69_500

:popcrn:  :popcrn:

So are you saying you weren't prepared to offer more than $2K?

Gonna have to say this one smell funny.

70charger_boy

Yeah, but the banks were closed.  It was an ad on craigslist.  The car was sold in an hour :brickwall: :brickwall:

If you think it's BS check ebay.  I guarantee you the car will be on it by Monday

69_500

So someone gets on craigslist, and post information on a car, but doesn't know what he has. Hmmmm. okay sure. Yeah I'm calling BS.

70charger_boy

Originally, I posted on here thinking it was a scam, because that pic looks like something I saw on here before.  I emailed the guy and went over his house and the superbird was there.  He had the tarp removed.  He said it was his grandfathers car.  It had to be out of the yard, because he sold his house.  I didn't believe the story and maybe the guy who showed up was trying to spook me into paying more. 

The70RT

I would have told the guy it was sold and after he left made a deal. Hell i would have camped there till someone brought me funds. Do you have the craigslist link?
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

70charger_boy

Quote from: The70RT on August 12, 2007, 06:49:48 PM
I would have told the guy it was sold and after he left made a deal. Hell i would have camped there till someone brought me funds. Do you have the craigslist link?

He deleted the link.  It was in rhode island.  I'm really depressed.

The70RT

Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 12, 2007, 06:52:40 PM
Quote from: The70RT on August 12, 2007, 06:49:48 PM

He deleted the link.  It was in rhode island.  I'm really depressed.

I would be puking for weeks  :puke:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

70charger_boy

You should have seen the interior.  It was amazing

BigBlockSam

I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemigeno

So, let's summarize:

>>  You claim to have found a Superbird for sale on Craigslist.
>>  The owner lives under a rock and has no clue that a Superbird has any value whatsoever
>>  Said owner has sold the house he lives in and needs to divest himself of the Superbird immediately, without any delay
>>  Said owner threatens to junk the car if it is not sold
>>  You have seen a similar picture online (on here?) before
>>  You emailed him before you looked at it
>>  You went to look at the car - in Rhode Island - with no cash and no camera
>>  When you went to look at it, the tarp was removed
>>  Another guy shows up and offers ONLY $2k for an extremely rare/valuable car while you (a potential buyer) are standing there
>>  All this happens in the space of one hour
>>  The Craigslist ad/link has mysteriously disappeared, but yet you saved the photo

Where did the photo you posted come from?
Was it a real Superbird?
Did the owner have the title/paperwork?
What drivetrain/options did the car have?
What was it's VIN #?
Why didn't you take any pictures yourself?

Without a whole lot more in the way of details, photos, or ANY type of verification I'll say that your tale makes a nice entertaining bedtime story.  Unbelievable finds offered without proof remain unbelievable, in my book anyway.

:rotz:

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

dads_69

I agree, we should be wearing hip boots for this topic. Its getting deep. Without a doubt, I would have showed up with cash regardless. On a side note, this is coming from a guy who changes avatars like a woman changing her panties everyday.    :icon_bs: :pigsfly:
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

hemi68charger

Wow !!!  Seems far-fetched.. Well, I know there are things out there like this.. I found and bought that '70 440 six pack Shaker Plum Crazy 'Cuda for $1,350 about two years ago....  Same thing, elderly lady wanted the car gone...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

terrible one

I guess no one saw the post for the first 10 minutes it was up, before he edited it to ad the part about the guy pulling up with a trailor and $2k.

70charger_boy

Quote from: terrible one on August 12, 2007, 09:32:30 PM
I guess no one saw the post for the first 10 minutes it was up, before he edited it to ad the part about the guy pulling up with a trailor and $2k.

I posted it really needing help as far as a price of how much I should offer him.  No one replied, so I went over there and by then the car was sold so I just wanted to delete this post.  I am so pissed right now.  I know the car will be on ebay Monday.

This whole thing all happened with an hour from the time he posted the car until the time he sold it and his house was 10 minutes from mine

Aero426

Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 12, 2007, 09:36:25 PM
I posted it really needing help as far as a price of how much I should offer him.

Right.  The score of the century and you're going to waste time blabbing about it here first.

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: DougSchellinger on August 12, 2007, 10:58:57 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 12, 2007, 09:36:25 PM
I posted it really needing help as far as a price of how much I should offer him.

Right.  The score of the century and you're going to waste time blabbing about it here first.

:popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse: :horse:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

chargerman68

1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

70charger_boy

Troy

Ya know, I'd say something about karma (relating to how people treat others) but I'll save it.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.