News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Where can I find a rat rod project

Started by 70charger_boy, August 12, 2007, 10:10:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

70charger_boy

Quote from: moparguy01 on August 15, 2007, 06:37:12 PM
Rat rods arent meant to be BOUGHT. You have to build them otherwise you just got a done car. What fun is that?

I agree, but I'm not that talented to build my own car.  I was fighting for 2 hours trying to put my radiator in today :brickwall:

PocketThunder

I was doing some research this morning (on my break ofcourse ;) ) and i thought about using a Dakota frame for the rat rod.  The wheel base on a dakota is 112" and the wheel base on a 1932 Plymouth is 112"  :scratchchin:  87~96 Dakotas are everywhere for a dime a dozen so i think i would go that route. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dodge_Dakota

The only expensive part will be the body and the engine.  I'd like to have an old hemi in there but who knows how much that will cost, all i ever hear is that they are expensive.  So, since i dont have enough going on right now with my C500, i'm trying to drum up time and money for a rat rod also.  We'll see what Santa brings me this year.. :yesnod:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemigeno

Rat Rod definition

At one time, I had heard that no self-respecting Rat Rod builder would use any automotive part newer than 1960, but that was just one guy's definition.  What I have seen is that the greater the eclectic mix of makes & years, the better.

70charger_boy

I was watchin an episode of horsepower tv in which they were building a ratrod.  They only used left over parts from other projects and actually used an old beer keg for a gas tank.

IowaCharger69

It looks awesome but that whole reserved not met thing is kind of a bummer. I  don't really see myself paying more than 10k for something similar.

70charger_boy

Yeah, I doubt I'll win, but I'm still looking

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

PocketThunder

"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

TruckDriver

PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Crazy440

I used to have a handle on life....but it broke off.

69bananabeast

i'm workin on selling  both of my chargers.  I still love Mopars but i'm more of a Rockabilly and Rat Rod guy . I've got a '32 ford sedan  thats been sitting in the garage since before I was born and I finally got tired of it sitting there. Hopefully i'll have it together within a year.  Lookin to make it a 383 stroker  with a turbo 350 tranny.
1969 Charger  446
1970 Charger  318
1932 Ford Rat Rod   (under construction)