News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 Source Pro Billet Dizzy

Started by Steve P., July 25, 2007, 09:43:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve P.

Wondering if anyone here has used it yet and if they like it or not.. Looks like a nice unit but wonder what they use to set the curve and how well it holds steady timing??
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

72pettyblue

just put one in my 440.  It didn't fit into the dist gear, had to do some grinding on the bottom slot of the dist to get it to fit in.  So far, I haven't been able to get my motor to run right.  It was running fine with a stock dist, but just can't seem to get the timing to set right or stay steady yet.  So far, it has been a headache from hell.  I have started from the beginning several times and can't seem to get it to act right.  Called 440 source and they said a tech would call me back, but never rec'd a call yet.

Steve P.

Wooh,,,,  that's not good news. Have you tried calling back to 440 Source again? I'm sure they will take care of you on this. They are a stand up group..

I don't like the idea that you had to do ANY grinding to any part of it.. Was the blade too wide or too thick??
Does the dist. come with good instructions??

Let us know the outcome.
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

72pettyblue

I know they are a stand up group of folks and are here to do the right thing.  It was late friday afternoon and I am sure time just ran out.  The blade was too wide and it didn't take too much to get it right.  I still have not been able to get the timing steady at idle and it doesn't want to accelerate above 3000 rpm.  I don't have any time this week to play with it to see if something else is amiiss, but it was running great with old dizzy.  I will get with them Monday and see what suggestions they have.

Steve P.

Good luck and let us know your outcome..

Steve
Steve P.
Holiday, Florida

72pettyblue

been out of town, but had cell phone with me.  Never got a return call like promised.  I will have to call them again monday.

Pouria

Based on their recommendation, it must be used in conjunction with an ignition box, say MSD. Did you notice this?

Pouria

72pettyblue

yes, have msd 6al with blaster 2 coil.  Talked to brandon today and we both agreed the cap may be the source of the problem.  He is shipping another one to me to see. :2thumbs:

72pettyblue

alright, brandon was great help at 440 source, but the source of the problem seems to be with the installer.  If there was a wiring diag, I never saw it but the wires to the dist were hooked up backwards.  It was the only way I could get it to fire up, but after pulling hair, I switched them again with new cap and it fired right up.  My hat's off to Brandon and 440 source for their assistance and customer service.  Yes, it is a nice piece and holds steady timing. :2thumbs:

john108

Hi

Sorry for the dumb reply but, what is a "440 Source Pro Billet Dizzy" and why use it.
I have a 1968 Charger R/T.  Bought it new in '68 and finally started to work on it.
I haven't decided what path to take and what to consider upgrading.

metallicareload99

"440 Source" is the brand:

http://www.440source.com

"Pro," I'm not totally sure, but I think it makes it better though   ;)

"Billet" means the distributor is carved out of a solid chunk, of aluminum in this case.

And "dizzy" is another name for distributor.

http://www.440source.com/distributors.htm

That's good news 440Source took care of you.  I'm looking forward to doing business with them
1968, When Dinosaurs Ruled The Earth

mally69

440 source is a great place to buy anything for your big block mopar  they have always treated me great and i have NEVER heard anything bad about them,,,  they are the first place i go for my parts :2thumbs: