News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Nationals.....Post 'em if ya got 'em.

Started by TripleBlackGator, August 10, 2007, 02:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

konigcharger

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

4cruzin

Couple from me!   :cheers:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

4cruzin

:lol:

4cruzin

:slap:

69chargerboy

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on August 12, 2007, 06:19:43 PM
I will post more pic's later. :cheers:
Man, I have not been to the Nats since 98', this time it was a total Cluster f---- of unorganized Mopar mayhem.  :yesnod:

I agree. I drove around for over an hour looking for a parking spot, finally I demanded to have my money back and I would park in regular parking. What really pissed me off was all the minivans and new v6 Chargers parked in show parking! They wouldn't refund my money, so they made room for me to park right behind the tower next to the Viper section. Wow what a Cluster F! Other than that I had a great time.   :Twocents:
My MoPar Family:

1968 Chrysler 300 
1968 Coronet 440 4-Dr                                                              
1968 Coronet 440                                       
1969 Charger                                       
1973 Charger SE 
1988 Dodge Custom 150 Pickup

BMOTOXSTAR

The way the Nationals is set up and run is a  half-assed clusterf F---. :flame:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

hemi68charger

Thanks to all posting the pics........  That turquoise '68 looks just like what mine will soon, except will have a little emblem on the door...   :icon_smile_big:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

TripleBlackGator

More....
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

Charger_Fan

That Chally looks rediculous. :slap:

Thanks for posting all the pics, you guys! Cluster F--- or not, I have GOT to get my butt to that show one of these days. :icon_smile_cool:

Sooo...is Classic Body Designs yet another company making quarters now? :ahum:
The price tag is too rich for my blood.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

TripleBlackGator

Quote from: bull on August 10, 2007, 09:20:55 PM
Which booth were you in when you saw those console plates?

Bull. I can't tell you exactly which vendor had those parts but through a "personal message" I was told that those parts are supplied to all vendors by:

B/E A Restoration Parts, Inc.www.beaparts.com330-725-3990
Malicious, vindictive, spiteful, cynical, pessimistic, sarcastic, & antagonistic. And those are my good traits!

BrianShaughnessy

I was stuck most of the time at the MA booth.    Not that much fun working but I made more $ than I spent so whatever.   Saw Frank working Metro tool... and Troy again.   Met Ghoste and 471Magnum  :2thumbs:   Never got to Heath,  never got to Brice.   I got out to look at the swap meet an hour or so each day... that was it.  I got some lunch and watched burnouts on Sat.   Otherwise I never saw a single race.  I never made it to the judged show cars either.

Im sure MCG sold way more... I wonder why.

That rolled $140K Daytona was there that was at Carlisle...   so somebody else bought a big rock of crack and then put a price tag on this 69 500 project.

IMHO:  I'd rather spend the weekend at Carlisle. 
Black Betty:  1969 Charger R/T - X9 440 six pack, TKO600 5 speed, 3.73 Dana 60.
Sinnamon:  1969 Charger R/T - T5 440, 727, 3.23 8 3/4 high school sweetheart.

TUFCAT

I agree with Brian..... Carlisle is much better.  :2thumbs:

I'd ONLY go back to Mopar Nationals if it moved away from National Trails ...period ....end of story.

Jim B has become such a cheap-ass (using this as a huge profit maker for himself)  - - - he's never made any improvements to the show,  the admission keeps going up (over 2X as much as Carlisle...) and now the venue really sucks donkey ASS.

I doubt if the show ever moves from this dump, - - - 'caus Jim B won't make as much $$$$.   :Twocents: :Twocents:

For those of you who still enjoy it......I apologize for the rant.  :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode:

greenpigs

My dad and I went on a Sunday for the first & last time... at least on a Sunday.
1969 Charger RT

Living Chevy free

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: greenpigs on August 14, 2007, 01:23:10 PM
My dad and I went on a Sunday for the first & last time... at least on a Sunday.

A least a third of the vendors were gone already by Sunday morning...  but that's just a guess tho.    Some just show up to pack up and leave.
We packed up the MA booth around 1pm.     

Same thing happens at Carlisle.

69_500

I wasn't aware that you were working the booth for Mopar Action.

Oddly enough I don't think that front bumper is correct on that C500. As I've never figured out exactly when the high front bumperettes came into play for 69, but I definately haven't ever seen them on a car that is as early as that 500.

Troy

Hmmmm, I stopped at the MA booth on Sunday and Brian was nowhere to be found...

I heard that they gave out the awards early in the AM so most all of the cars were gone by the time I got there. I remember that in the past I could watch the cars line up for the awards ceremony in the afternoon and that's when I usually took pics of the winners. There's no sense in going Sunday at all if they're done by 10 AM.

All you people went to the show and I gave out a grand total of two(2) stickers - both to non-members.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

Wow!  i'd sure like a couple or a few or half a dozen so i can scrape that shoe polish of the rear window..  :P

chargerboy69

Quote from: TUFCAT on August 14, 2007, 11:11:34 AM
I agree with Brian..... Carlisle is much better.  :2thumbs:

I'd ONLY go back to Mopar Nationals if it moved away from National Trails ...period ....end of story.

Jim B has become such a cheap-ass (using this as a huge profit maker for himself)  - - - he's never made any improvements to the show,  the admission keeps going up (over 2X as much as Carlisle...) and now the venue really sucks donkey ASS.

I doubt if the show ever moves from this dump, - - - 'caus Jim B won't make as much $$$$.   :Twocents: :Twocents:

For those of you who still enjoy it......I apologize for the rant.  :RantExplode: :RantExplode: :RantExplode:

I have an old Mopar Mag from a couple years ago (not sure which one), and it gives the attendance for the last 15 years or so to Nats. And the attendance was always higher when it was held at IRP in Indy. Even the attendance at Columbus on their best year, was lower than Indys worst year. Columbus is such a $#!*hole of a place. They must get a heck of a deal to hold it at that dust bowl of a track out in the middle of noware. I wish it would go back to IRP.
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

Troy

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 14, 2007, 03:19:03 PM
  Wow!  i'd sure like a couple or a few or half a dozen so i can scrape that shoe polish of the rear window..  :P
Weren't you supposed to be sending me something? I'll trade you. ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Brock Samson

i gotta dig all that stuff out,.. after Eureka..

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: Troy on August 14, 2007, 03:06:46 PM
Hmmmm, I stopped at the MA booth on Sunday and Brian was nowhere to be found...

I got to take the golf cart and go shopping for maybe an hour Sunday.    Even then I was supposed to try and find a single 70 amber side marker for the Brick because a repro set of 4 is like $130 and also try and pick up a 62 Valiant dog dishes for the Savoy.   Couldn't find any singles and somebody bought the 1 dog dish I saw on Saturday.

My swap meet booty for the weekend consisted of a repro 70 / pistol grip console boot at megaparts, an old 6 pack fuel log that I've been searching for almost forever for a cool $30,  and  a Carrera 70 Road Runner LA patrol slot car for $80.
I found several STR-14-6 intakes and a Weiand 6 pack tunnel ram but all of them were $1K or more.   

BrianShaughnessy

Quote from: 69_500 on August 14, 2007, 03:02:40 PM
I wasn't aware that you were working the booth for Mopar Action.

Oddly enough I don't think that front bumper is correct on that C500. As I've never figured out exactly when the high front bumperettes came into play for 69, but I definately haven't ever seen them on a car that is as early as that 500.

That front clip looked all funked up to me...   I'm not a C500 expert by any means but I think it would be worth closer to the asking price as finished... not as a project.   

69_500

Well at least it still had the Recall wheels on it. Not something you see every day.

gtxpooch

Quotehe way the Nationals is set up and run is a  half-assed clusterf F---.
for my first time being there, I have to agree!! The directions on where to park left alot to be desired and nobody knew WTF was going on, had to move car twice. I ended up by that mod top and the 68 Sport Satellite (blue) with the tunnel ram. I only went because of the tribute to the belvedere's,  rr's,  gtx's. satellites. In my opinion which probably don't mean Sh*t anyway, it wasn't worth the 32 hour drive and everything else(2 flats on trailer, screwed by the tire dealers and sucka55ed motels)!! :icon_smile_angry: BTW, anybody hear about the sunshade that blew over and scratched the 69 RR and the 32 coupe(had 426 in it)?? the 32 owner was pissed!!

BMOTOXSTAR

Were they parked in the "Invite" area?
The guys next to me left a carcass of a EZ UP, the top was gone and just the skeletal frame was left in the empty sunset of the Invite Area. :smilielol:
These guys were pretty hammered. :cheers:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT