News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who here has a 2006+ Charger?

Started by moparknighthawk, August 10, 2007, 12:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

70 Battle Horse

Face it. Some of us will always refuse to bow at the throne of Chrysler and accept mediocrity. Last time I checked we are still living in a representative republic or representative democracy (depending on your definition preference) and are therefore not required to accept every 'fact' fed to us by our 'leaders' and 'decision makers' who in this case decided to spawn a cheesy marketing campaign spewed out by the whoring of a once-great name that earned the respect it deserved. I'm still hoping Chrysler just made a huge mistake and ran off a bunch of Charger nameplates only to discover the error too late to do anything about it. They obviously don't care about the heritage of the name so why should I accept and perpetuate their crappy attitude by calling this car a Charger

WOW  It must suck for you that your opinion isnt worth shit to  "the powers that be", or to new Charger owners for that matter....By all means  all LX Charger haters continue to pout, piss, and moan. Its like listening to spoiled little brats throw tantrums that mommy wont let them get their way.  Kinda pathetic and sad....but funny at the same time. Jeeez if you're so bitter about it why don't you go stomp on a small animal ...it might give you the satisfaction of having some power

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

charge-it

Quote from: 70 Battle Horse on May 10, 2008, 06:26:01 AM
Face it. Some of us will always refuse to bow at the throne of Chrysler and accept mediocrity. Last time I checked we are still living in a representative republic or representative democracy (depending on your definition preference) and are therefore not required to accept every 'fact' fed to us by our 'leaders' and 'decision makers' who in this case decided to spawn a cheesy marketing campaign spewed out by the whoring of a once-great name that earned the respect it deserved. I'm still hoping Chrysler just made a huge mistake and ran off a bunch of Charger nameplates only to discover the error too late to do anything about it. They obviously don't care about the heritage of the name so why should I accept and perpetuate their crappy attitude by calling this car a Charger

WOW  It must suck for you that your opinion isnt worth shit to  "the powers that be", or to new Charger owners for that matter....By all means  all LX Charger haters continue to pout, piss, and moan. Its like listening to spoiled little brats throw tantrums that mommy wont let them get their way.  Kinda pathetic and sad....but funny at the same time. Jeeez if you're so bitter about it why don't you go stomp on a small animal ...it might give you the satisfaction of having some power
Randy, maybe you missed my post but was wondering if the 70 was still sleeping in your garage?
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

bull

It's no more pathetic than people like you crying and moaning about our opinions of the car while kissing Chrysler's keister and trying to get us to do the same. :nana:

Brock Samson

If I were to get one of the new ones, that is exactly the one i would most want, but at that price point, alot of other cars come into possibility...
And i have concidered selling off my fleet to aquire one all around vehicle, ain't done it yet, but I've thought about it.  :icon_smile_wink:

and I though that other Chargerman's posts were hard to fathom...  :shruggy:

70 Battle Horse

Quote from: charge-it on May 10, 2008, 07:10:02 AM

Randy, maybe you missed my post but was wondering if the 70 was still sleeping in your garage?
Hey Mark, hows it goin with the BULLIT? She wearin a sexy black dress yet?....No on the 70....I got what I wanted for it and it went 2 weeks after I put up the add....Next old charger I buy will be ALL DONE ...I am finished with the half assed projects that take 5years to finish...life is to short = need to get out and drive em!!

70 Battle Horse

Quote from: bull on May 10, 2008, 11:03:49 AM

It's no more pathetic than people like you crying and moaning about our opinions of the car while kissing Chrysler's keister and trying to get us to do the same. :nana:
No crying here pal...all smiles. I have a car that runs hard/ and turns alot of heads....Im not on the web just beatin off to what "she will be in a few more years of work" Then to put it away, and only to use it for shows, parades, and photo shoots. Been there , done that have the trophies and T shirts to prove it. Don't get me wrong, I still enjoy being a spectator at the shows....but in the last few years alot of the the "enthusiasts" have turned into a bunch of holier than thou, nit picking,  negative elitists ( insert any Corvette owner cliché here) Well try to have fun..... I know I am :nana:

charge-it

Making slow but steady progress on the "Bullitt." The drive train is finished and I`m now waiting for my turn at Norms. I`ve moved up one spot since you dropped out and that`s the only good thing about you selling the 70. 70 is my favorite year and always will be. NO, I will not sell you my finished car, LOL! I showed Mark Smith the 4 hubcaps you lent to me and he said there the best he`s ever seen! If your still into it next year I`d sure like to go cruisin`with ya!  I`m building this car to drive and I`m going to rack up as many miles as possible. Believe me, this is my last full resto. Life is fast and short, and like you, next time I`ll just write the big check and have instant gratification. Hopefully that won`t have to happen but you never know. I also still have your bullit movie and someday I`ll return it to you. Chucks car is at Norms right now getting the full treatment and should be finished in 2 or 3 weeks. I keep having nightmares of me driving a 2010 Challenger vert SRT 6 speed manual, black of course...HMMM maybe I will sell you this Charger, LOL! I`ve taken the front sheetmetal off of the 68 and it is unbelieveable, NO RUST anywhere! If your ever in the neighborhood, stop in for a cold one! Does your brother still have his Dart? I see our friend Mark is selling his Cuda...
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

68RT4ME

Quote from: bull on May 10, 2008, 12:08:38 AM
Quote from: 68RT4ME on May 09, 2008, 02:29:00 PM
Quote from: Silver R/T on May 08, 2008, 09:27:33 PM
its ugly car period, Id rather drive new camry

You guys crack me up. Like it or not, it's still a Charger, PERIOD. Says so on the title, the manuals, the ads, brochures, billboards, etc., etc., etc..... till the end of time. Ugly or beautiful, 4 Dr and boxie, fast or slow, market gimmick or not, accepted or not.... List any and all arguments for it or against it. Post a 1000 threads on whether it worthy of NOT. Once and for all, it's a
C H A R G E R!!!!! because Chrysler says so, because we say so..... And just, BECAUSE!!!!!

You don't have to like it but, you do have to live with it.    :icon_smile_big:  :rofl:  :stirthepot:

Yup, and this is a GTO:

This is a Maserati:

And this is a Mustang:

At least they're all two-doors. :2thumbs:

Face it. Some of us will always refuse to bow at the throne of Chrysler and accept mediocrity. Last time I checked we are still living in a representative republic or representative democracy (depending on your definition preference) and are therefore not required to accept every 'fact' fed to us by our 'leaders' and 'decision Maker's who in this case decided to spawn a cheesy marketing campaign spewed out by the whoring of a once-great name that earned the respect it deserved. I'm still hoping Chrysler just made a huge mistake and ran off a bunch of Charger nameplates only to discover the error too late to do anything about it. They obviously don't care about the heritage of the name so why should I accept and perpetuate their crappy attitude by calling this car a Charger? :laugh: :shruggy:

Your absolutely right. You do have the right to not accept every fact or opinion fed by any decision maker or leader of any organization, government or group. Still, whether you accept it or not,

It's still a Charger  Sedan or otherwise. We are expected to accept an "AMC" veh to now be considered a MOPAR and most seem to which is fine though they never had a relation to anything MOPAR until they were bought up. We were expected to accept the cars you listed here as examples of the cars they originally came from and for the most part people did but, as you said, we don't have to now or ever. Regardless, they are what they are so long as the creators of each one has the power to call it what they want whenever they want. They owners of Chrysler rightly or wrongly (and they were wrong to IMO) came up with this car and named it a Charger. It was their right since they owned the company. Anyone wanting to step up and buy Chrysler and rename the car something else, feel free to do so as it's still a free country and a free market place. Till that happens though,
It's a DODGE CHARGER!!!   :yesnod:  :pity:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Ghoste

I don't consider AMC to be Mopar, AMC is AMC.  That company was bought by Chrysler and the vehicles produced in those factories after the fact and sold as Mopars are Mopars but a 69 Javelin has nothing whatsoever to do with Mopar. 
So what is it that we are really arguing about here?   Is it whether the new car is a Charger or whether it deserves to be called a Charger?  Is it whether it's okay to voice an opinion against the new car or wrong?  Are AMC products now considered Chryslers or are they even bastard stepchildren?  Is it pathetic to complain about the new car or pathetic to be pissed that someone is complaining about it?  All of the above?  None of the above? :brickwall: :icon_smile_wink:

bull

Well, heck, what can I say guys? This thread kind of reminds me of my dog. She likes to eat cat crap and despite my best efforts to convince her it's not the ideal sustenance, she's still thinks it's as good as her favorite packaged treats.

BigBlackDodge

WOW  It must suck for you that your opinion isnt worth shit to  "the powers that be",

Oh, but it does. That's why the new Challenger looks the way it does and not a friggin minivan. :yesnod:

BBD

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Fitz73Chrgr

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 10, 2008, 11:20:15 AM

If I were to get one of the new ones, that is exactly the one i would most want,
Me too, Brock, I love how that car looks. 
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

elanmars

:D

>

(aka 4th gen > [better than] these new chargers)
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

TheGhost

How, exactly, are the underpowered, ugly 4th gens better than the 6th gens, other than being a 2 door?

Are the 4th gens even B bodies?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

TK73

1973 Charger : 440cid - 727 - 8.75/3.55

Now watch what you say or they'll be calling you a radical,
      a liberal, oh fanatical, criminal.
Won't you sign up your name, we'd like to feel you're
      acceptable, respectable, oh presentable, a vegetable!

elanmars

I'm just having a bit of a laugh with the back and forth arguing going on here, the two door debate and all...i don't mind the 4th gens, again, they shouldn't have had the name. Same thing with these new 4 door sedans-they don't look bad, I don't mind them, etc. they just don't live up to the name.

imo, the worst chargers ever are the 5th gen.

but yeah, those whining about the 6th gens getting no love, thought I'd bring up the 4th/5th gens.
1969 Dodge Charger, pseudo General Lee., 1973 ratty Dodge Charger.

check out my photography: http://www.tomasraul.com
instagram: tomasraul
facebook: www.facebook.com/tomasraulphotography

Khyron

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

68RT4ME

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on May 11, 2008, 08:44:11 PM
Quote from: Brock Samson on May 10, 2008, 11:20:15 AM

If I were to get one of the new ones, that is exactly the one i would most want,
Me too, Brock, I love how that car looks. 

Thank you both. A Lil luv better than no luv attall   :icon_smile_big:

Quote from: elanmars on May 11, 2008, 09:49:55 PM
:D

>

(aka 4th gen > [better than] these new chargers)

Your a funny guy  :smilielol:  My father had one of those. A 1978 model with a 360. drove more like a luxury car than a muscle car as I remember
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Brock Samson

seems they made a C-body version too like in '79 or somthing, i rember a picture once... i think..  :scratchchin:

BronzeOnSteelies

I hated the four door design initially. But ever since I sat in an 06 Charger at an Auto Show I like them.

I am 6' 6" and fit in nothing, but I fit in the Modern Charger easy even with a sun roof.

I am looking at buying a used one in the next couple years for my daily driver. Have the search set up on Ebay and have started looking.

:cheers:
68 MM1 (Turbine Bronze) R/T

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: BronzeOnSteelies on May 12, 2008, 12:41:39 PM

I hated the four door design initially. But ever since I sat in an 06 Charger at an Auto Show I like them.

I am 6' 6" and fit in nothing, but I fit in the Modern Charger easy even with a sun roof.

I am looking at buying a used one in the next couple years for my daily driver. Have the search set up on Ebay and have started looking.

BINGO! That's what really jumped out at me, too.
At the time that I was shopping, I had a choice between the Charger, an Impala, or a Grand Prix. Having sat in all of them, the Charger was the only one that was comfortable.
and at the time, I was still a bit on the fence about the whole 4-door thing - but I climbed up of the fence from the "I hate it" side of things. I think that started when they were actually released and I could see one in person.
The thought process was pretty much, "It's the best car I'm going to get right now, given my choices."
Well, it's grown on me and I love the car now.

bull

Quote from: BronzeOnSteelies on May 12, 2008, 12:41:39 PM

Sounds like you almost have to get it by default because it's the only thing you fit in, not that you necessarily like it that much. But that's pretty much the scenario I've heard from everyone who buys one. I've never heard one person say it was love at first sight for the '06 Charger like so many have said about the classic Chargers. Instead it's always something like, "the design grew on me" or "I like the performance" or "it's comfortable" etc.

70 Battle Horse

QuoteI've never heard one person say it was love at first sight for the '06 Charger like so many have said about the classic Chargers. Instead it's always something like, "the design grew on me" or "I like the performance" or "it's comfortable" etc.
I do have to agree with you on this statement....I am in the same category, as in it had to grow on on me visually, but I was hooked on the power  handling and comfort as soon as I gave it a try........ And NO ONE could argue that it has the same appeal as the first 3 generations......2nd and 3rd generations are still my favorite cars in the world