News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who here has a 2006+ Charger?

Started by moparknighthawk, August 10, 2007, 12:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

I'm glad you're happy Battlehorse. The rest of us will be happy when they make it look like a Charger or rename it. Hopefully they do one or both. The fact that it's the old school Mopar fans who don't like it speaks volumes to me. It should have meant something to the Germans too.

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 10, 2007, 10:01:46 PM
Quote from: bull on August 10, 2007, 07:58:19 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on August 10, 2007, 05:25:40 PM
Quote from: bull on August 10, 2007, 04:37:25 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on August 10, 2007, 03:12:15 PM

You think too highly of yourself and your posts. :cheers:

Nah, you've just gotten oversensitive in the past year or so. I can't take credit for your overreactions. Too much estrogen engineering going on in the universities these days I guess.

hmmm...I might the sensitive one, but I'm not the one that is always going off on some rant about the new Charger, the illiegals, gas prices, them liberals, and so on. Take it easy, Tiger...we don't want you to bust a blood vessel...

It's called testosterone, you should try it. ;)

well, that showed me . ::)

Good. So you're done crying about me not liking your car then? I never have understood why you care.

Plumcrazy

Quote from: 70 Battle Horse on August 10, 2007, 10:08:18 PM
Quote from: Back N Black on August 10, 2007, 08:38:21 PM
I like the look of the new charger for a "family" car and was planning on buying the V6 model until i took it out for a test drive,it was gutless.I have 2004 Impala with the 3.8 that has 120k on it and the charger can't touch it. :Twocents:
Ha , my family car runs 13.8s at 101 mph with a cat back exhaust and CAI...now that I have flashed it with a superchips programmer I expect to be in the low to mid 13s......Looking at a list of top 50 all time fastest "stock" muscle cars tested and published 1/4 mile times... That puts my Daytona somewhere in ranks of the high 30s. Bitch all you want about the name...this bitch SMOKES quite a few of stock "true muscle car" 1/4 mile times......The funniest thing about owning this car is the ONLY people who dislike it are "old school mopar fans" = some actually act like the elitist Chevy a-holes who love to shit on EVERYTHING Mopar.  Its all good though, when I purchase anything ,its for ME....and I could give a fat rats ass about anyone else's opinion, about what I pay for, and enjoy = I am not looking for anyones validation! Its really this simple, If you have a bug up your ass about the name, think it looks like a piece of crap, dislike the "German" hands on the design....DONT BUY THE F-IN CAR !! But to take shots at anyone who  is happy/ proud with their purchase just shows either ignorance, an inferiority complex, or at best a juvenile level of classlessness....again like so many too familiar GM attitudes

But I don't have to hold my hood open with a stick.  ::)

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

69charger2002

or stare at those hideous taillights(since it's SOO fast that's all i would see anyway right??)
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Troy

Is it really all that difficult to participate in a thread without being completely negative (or possibly even ignore it)? The question was "who owns one" not "what is your opinion". I personally don't care for the car - although I am partial to an all black SRT-8 if I were to ever change my mind. :D It doesn't make any sense for me to be telling anyone else what I think they should buy though. It's their money and they have to drive the thing.

Just FYI 70 Battle Horse: You can't compare your modified car to stock cars. The point of modifying them is so they are faster than stock. Your car would likely outrun most original Chargers - both in stock condition - so that's all you need to say. ;) My stance has always been that I don't care if I own the fastest car ever (I could outrun you in my old RX-7 but it was mostly useless for anything else) but I do have to like the styling of the car. I can't stand the looks of a Ferrari F50 or Enzo but they sure are fast! I mostly "cruise" in my cars with a few adventures on the highways and back roads. An extra 10th means nothing to me but I get a kick out of watching people's heads snap to follow the car, thumbs up signs, and conversations at the gas pump with people who remember the car from their youth. Everyone is different (which is a good thing!).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

moparsons

Nacho-RT74

The funniest thing about owning this car is the ONLY people who dislike it are "old school mopar fans" = some actually act like the elitist Chevy a-holes who love to shit on EVERYTHING Mopar.

yeah THE REAL ONES... when you own a car you own the name and are proud of it. And they are screwing our proud ( at least mostly of us ). Well I didn't live that years but I think was kinda similar when 4th and 5th gen came out to streets even 5th gens as far I know was called as the best 4 cilinders american car built ever. At least is someting to be proud in some way.

you know what is the problem ? when you own a car stated as somekind of legend on muscle car line or even in fact on all cars history, you spec the name of the car will keep as legend. Kinda the Mustang that never has been sacrileged on that way, just better or worse designed or performance along the years but still a legend. And is great that a new car is stated as a classic since new like they do. The worst part of this, they are copying the Chrysler experience on old fashion lines that Chrysler never get the juice.

Is a shame that Chrysler started the oldfashion lines on new modern cars WITH SUCESS and they screw in that way with one of the most desireable cars ever built BY THEMSELF.

You can chose for example a Camaro or Mustang. You always will see and maybe will like maybe wont, but you see the cars with respect as a sport or muscle car. Line keeps on that. they have personality.

I allways have thought Chrysler has screwed the line cars on one or another way. Oftenly they look like out of personality to keep a line on design and name of cars. did happen in earliers 60s when they didn't know what to do with Lancers/Darts etc... and then on lates 70s when old C bodies names were rebodied to B bodies, Monacos/Furys on Coronets bodies. And they are doing again today. Too much ideas than they don't know how to put on roads.

Is very frustrating also they were not able to design a STREET Charger to Nascar or a NASCAR Charger to streets. well actually who cares about Nascar ? they are just roll cages with a car plastic cover cover on it, no relationship with any street car.

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on August 10, 2007, 02:51:46 PM
I think the new Charger is a cool car, especially the SRT-8.  Just not cool enough to be called a Charger.
:iagree: that's the deal

Quote from: bull on August 10, 2007, 12:56:15 PM
Quote from: moparknighthawk on August 10, 2007, 12:40:58 PM
I know I am the minority here with my 2006 GoMango Charger Daytona but I was wondering who else had a 2006+ Charger.   :icon_smile_cool:  I do love all the Charger generations  BTW. 

Is that what we call it now, 2006+?

I would call the WHO CARES generation
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Nacho-RT74

BTW, sorry I think this thread is coming out from intention and is becoming in another thing that we have been discussed in the past... just let the Chagnum owners float on to count them as the topic starter wish. I respect the Chagnums owners, but sorry, not respect to Chrysler about this.
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html

Silver R/T

personally I dont care for them, give me 66-74 one instead
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

69DodgeCharger

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 10, 2007, 05:25:40 PM
Quote from: bull on August 10, 2007, 04:37:25 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on August 10, 2007, 03:12:15 PM

You think too highly of yourself and your posts. :cheers:

Nah, you've just gotten oversensitive in the past year or so. I can't take credit for your overreactions. Too much estrogen engineering going on in the universities these days I guess.

hmmm...I might the sensitive one, but I'm not the one that is always going off on some rant about the new Charger, the illiegals, gas prices, them liberals, and so on. Take it easy, Tiger...we don't want you to bust a blood vessel...

Somebody had to take up the slack now that ChargerBill Doesn't come around....Whatever happened to that guy anyways?
http://www.mypowerblock.com/profile/69DodgeCharger

The bugle sounds the charge begins. But on this battlefield no one wins.

Back N Black

I like the look of the new charger for a "family" car and was planning on buying the V6 model until i took it out for a test drive,it was gutless.I have 2004 Impala with the 3.8 that has 120k on it and the charger can't touch it. :Twocents:
Ha , my family car runs 13.8s at 101 mph with a cat back exhaust and CAI...now that I have flashed it with a superchips programmer I expect to be in the low to mid 13s......Looking at a list of top 50 all time fastest "stock" muscle cars tested and published 1/4 mile times... That puts my Daytona somewhere in ranks of the high 30s. Bitch all you want about the name...this bitch SMOKES quite a few of stock "true muscle car" 1/4 mile times......The funniest thing about owning this car is the ONLY people who dislike it are "old school mopar fans" = some actually act like the elitist Chevy a-holes who love to shit on EVERYTHING Mopar.  Its all good though, when I purchase anything ,its for ME....and I could give a fat rats ass about anyone else's opinion, about what I pay for, and enjoy = I am not looking for anyones validation! Its really this simple, If you have a bug up your ass about the name, think it looks like a piece of crap, dislike the "German" hands on the design....DONT BUY THE F-IN CAR !! But to take shots at anyone who  is happy/ proud with their purchase just shows either ignorance, an inferiority complex, or at best a juvenile level of classlessness....again like so many too familiar GM attitudes

I  stated that i took the V6 model for a spin and it was under powered.I'm not looking for a high performance car for a family car,thats why i have my 69 charger. :shruggy:

Brock Samson

i've driven them all, first the then brand new 300 touring with the V-6. same motor as my M. just alot quieter and alot less vibration...
i just didnt like the blocky looks inside and out plus my m had alot more detail and features...  then it was the Magnum, same deal only less features and i noticed then the paint had a heck of a lot of orange peel on the front clip and didn't really match the doors... which puzzels me cause i had read on allpar how they had a brand new paint shop..  :shruggy:
Then the charger R/T which bugged me cause I really notices the gray interior plastics were so freakin hard,.. I just didn't like style, neather did the GF...
Then earlier this yr the SRT/8... which was way too damn costly, rode harsh and not what i need for a daily driver anyhow... 'n as luck would have it I got the '69 and '71 for Sundays...
I sat in a SRT/8 GC at the dealer and I just didn't feel it was for me...
So the M is all paid off now and just turned 70K,.. It still get enthuseastic compliments all the time, I'll see how I feel about it in another 40K.

Ponch you gonna chime in here?..  :shruggy:

greatwn73

This is the shirt my son wore at the Nats

Nacho-RT74

Big Lebowski

Nope, don't own one but I drag raced one w/ my '70 440-6 Charger. I smoked an SRT-8 Charger really bad. I guess those extra doors slowed it down a little. :shruggy: I had no choice since the guy driving the 4 door had to egg me on about how he could beat any "old" Charger at the 1/4 mi. The pin-headed loser was embarrassed after I spanked him back to the end of the line, where he belonged. :hah:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Ponch ®

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 11, 2007, 10:31:51 PM
  i've driven them all, first the then brand new 300 touring with the V-6. same motor as my M. just alot quieter and alot less vibration...
i just didnt like the blocky looks inside and out plus my m had alot more detail and features...  then it was the Magnum, same deal only less features and i noticed then the paint had a heck of a lot of orange peel on the front clip and didn't really match the doors... which puzzels me cause i had read on allpar how they had a brand new paint shop..  :shruggy:
Then the charger R/T which bugged me cause I really notices the gray interior plastics were so freakin hard,.. I just didn't like style, neather did the GF...
Then earlier this yr the SRT/8... which was way too damn costly, rode harsh and not what i need for a daily driver anyhow... 'n as luck would have it I got the '69 and '71 for Sundays...
I sat in a SRT/8 GC at the dealer and I just didn't feel it was for me...
So the M is all paid off now and just turned 70K,.. It still get enthuseastic compliments all the time, I'll see how I feel about it in another 40K.

Ponch you gonna chime in here?..  :shruggy:

Well, if you don't like the car and it's not practical enough for you, I can certainly agree with your assesment. The key here is that you are not putting down those who do like the car - you're just sharing your opinion. I can  certainly respect that, and you make valid points.

As far as the SRT-8 - half of the owners that I know tell me that they love the car and it's their daily, the other half tell me that they love the car but that they couldn't possible use it to get around every day for a variety of reasons (gas mileage, the "harsh" ride) etc  :shruggy:.

Quote from: Big Lebowski on August 12, 2007, 11:08:34 PM
  Nope, don't own one but I drag raced one w/ my '70 440-6 Charger. I smoked an SRT-8 Charger really bad. I guess those extra doors slowed it down a little. :shruggy: I had no choice since the guy driving the 4 door had to egg me on about how he could beat any "old" Charger at the 1/4 mi. The pin-headed loser was embarrassed after I spanked him back to the end of the line, where he belonged. :hah:

Seems like you probably ran into one of those people who just buy the car because they hear its "super fast" but don't really know how to handle it and it's really too much car for them. On the other hand - I assume your 440-6 Charger's engine isn't exactly stock. We all know that more cubes will always win out when you know how to get the most out of them. Yet I know a couple of SRT's that have had both minor (reprogrammed computers) to major (cams, head work, etc) mods  - they'd probably be better opponents.

With all that being said, as much as like the 06+ Chargers, the one indisputable truth is that they do not, nor will they ever have the same "cool" factor and soul that the old school, classic Chargers have - and that's why we love them. Then again, I suppose it's all a matter of perspective, since some people here would argue that my 3rd gen isn't a true  muscle car compared to the earlier years...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

nh_mopar_fan

Geez, for someone who says he couldn't care less about what anyone else thinks, you sure do seem upset.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 13, 2007, 12:53:11 PM
Then again, I suppose it's all a matter of perspective, since some people here would argue that my 3rd gen isn't a true  muscle car compared to the earlier years...

just an opinion Ponch... you can add performance on a 73/74 easily and get same muscle factor than earliers since the body is there... you can't add muscle look ( following the old school of course ) on a new chagnum beside some stripes and trim. Will be still the same odd car if we think on the "Charger" badge really it means

Ponch ®

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 13, 2007, 01:57:07 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on August 13, 2007, 12:53:11 PM
Then again, I suppose it's all a matter of perspective, since some people here would argue that my 3rd gen isn't a true  muscle car compared to the earlier years...

just an opinion Ponch... you can add performance on a 73/74 easily and get same muscle factor than earliers since the body is there... you can't add muscle look ( following the old school of course ) on a new chagnum beside some stripes and trim. Will be still the same odd car if we think on the "Charger" badge really it means

True...but again...you're looking at it from the perspective of a fellow 3rd gen owner. I think it was at the old site where we had a pretty lengthy thread where we were going back and forth about how the 3rd gen is a 'granny' car and how it isnt, and so on.
I happen to think that a new Charger can be made into a mean looking muscle car. Just because it's a modern body style (yes...with 4 doors, but let's not beat a dead horse), it doesn't mean it can't be. I've been going to a lot ofevents and meets with the local LX club and I've seen some incredible cars. But if you're already prejudiced against the new car, there is no way you're going to see it that way.

This was at a meet last Saturday:

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Nacho-RT74

ok, Nice looking...is right and in fact I LIKE A LOT, but no more than any ricer around, like the fast and the furioust cars. Lot of investment to get mean look. on a 73/74 just need $1K underhood to get same earlier muscle power and if is SE, then just some exterior trim out if we consider SEs louvers kills a little bit the Charger... some ppl thinks that. I don't like those louvers but I don't think either kills the car

you will still have the same odd tail lights than any ricer. Will be just ONE MORE TUNNED CAR.

I can make that on any Ricer and get same result with same investment. In fact from any FIAT or VW for example

What did have old Chargers were you didn't need to expent anything to get the mean look.

You need to make that investment on a Chagnum to get the same result that a new mustang gets FROM FACTORY. Why would I need to invest on a Charger to get a mean look ? Isn't factory able to do that ?

If not, then remove the Charger badge and get any other name, and work on a MEAN CHARGER from factory, no aftermarket mods.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 13, 2007, 02:30:17 PM
ok, Nice looking...is right and in fact I LIKE A LOT, but no more than any ricer around, like the fast and the furioust cars. Lot of investment to get mean look. on a 73/74 just need $1K underhood to get same earlier muscle power and if is SE, then just some exterior trim out.

I can make that on any Ricer and get same result with same investment. in fact from any FIAT or VW for example

What did have old Chargers were you didn't need to expent anything to get the mean look

$1k under the hood for "muscle" power? Yeah right...everyone here is always talking about how machine shop costs are too high, and so on. Look around..anyone on this site with a decent motor did not spend $1k. $5k and up at least. What's a decent paint job nowadays? $3k at least? And don't forget about all the "This is insane....check out this headlight bezel on eBay for $500!" threads.
Are you auditioning for a job as a HLPAG salesman or something?

I still think you guys are comparing apples and oranges. The only thing the cars have in common is the name, but otherwise they're different beasts that serve different purposes altogether. We can all argue 'til we're blue in the face about whether the old Chargers are better (they are IMHO), but all I'm saying is that if you forget about the fact that it's called a Charger, the new car definitely deserves some respect and you have to recognize that its a pretty damn good car in its own right.

Quotehttp://You need to make that investment on a Chagnum to get the same result that a new mustang gets FROM FACTORY. Why would I need to invest on a Charger to get a mean look ? Isn't factory able to do that

:yesnod:

Nacho-RT74

Come one Ponch... is just a hood, give me fiberglass and a good camera and with that same pic angle I'll get same look from My dad's 1975 Mercedes 280S sedan. To much more from a new ricer sedan. I can get the same from a 2007 Sebring, even maybe from a Caravan.

well yes I was meaning just about parts underhood, right, forgott machine Job. but for example. Do you think a 71 Superbee with 383 is a muscle car ? I think we all think that. Then the difference between 71 383 and 400 is basically the compression and some miscelaneous, not more, if we don't think on forged crank beside casted. Get $350-400 pistons on a 400 for example, to get same earlier compression and will get same or maybe more power ( because bigger displacement ) from a 400. 71 383 camshaft is the same than my 400 one ( looking at PNs ), and now with spreadbore 850cfms carb. So won't I get same power with a unapreciable investment ? talking about parts.

Yeah you are right we are compairing aples with oranges... Charger is apple and Chagnum is orange, or backward you name it. So THAT'S THE NAME DEAL !!!... keep the apples calling them apples and not oranges. I like apples and oranges but I named correctly

I respect the car and I like it... as A SEDAN, not anymore as a Charger Muscle sportier 2 Doors car.

Editing... respect for the Car... Ok I'm agree and we all must respect the car and in fact I think we all do in a certainlly way, but then when we call for respect for the Charger ? Chrysler didn't respect us for the Real Charger 

70charger_boy

I would be proud to own that copper and black charger, but what do I know I'm a doofus :pity:

Ponch ®

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 13, 2007, 04:00:48 PM
Come one Ponch... is just a hood, give me fiberglass and a good camera and with that same pic angle I'll get same look from My dad's 1975 Mercedes 280S sedan. To much more from a new ricer sedan. I can get the same from a 2007 Sebring, even maybe from a Caravan.

Acutually, try a functional hood scoop, 6.1L HEMI engine rated @ 425HP (around 390 at the wheels, I believe), 4 Wheel ABS Brembo brakes, sports suspension, 20 inch wheels w/ Goodyear f1 tires....right, it's all "looks".

Nacho-RT74

Power still on a charriot Ponch... Still. Great looking sedan true, but one more from the Big Market Lot. Is just anyone taste what makes you choose this or another.

Ponch ®

Quote from: Nacho-RT74 on August 13, 2007, 04:37:31 PM
Power still on a charriot Ponch... Still

Wasn't that the same thing they used to say when the first Road Runners, Super Bees, and Coronets came out?