News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who here has a 2006+ Charger?

Started by moparknighthawk, August 10, 2007, 12:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

moparknighthawk

I know I am the minority here with my 2006 GoMango Charger Daytona but I was wondering who else had a 2006+ Charger.   :icon_smile_cool:  I do love all the Charger generations  BTW. 
Greg

2006 Go Mango Charger Daytona # 1592 of 4000

Mopar enthusiast!! (I love them all)

Mid-Atlantic Modern Mopars
www.midatlanticmodernmopars.com

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

bull

Quote from: moparknighthawk on August 10, 2007, 12:40:58 PM
I know I am the minority here with my 2006 GoMango Charger Daytona but I was wondering who else had a 2006+ Charger.   :icon_smile_cool:  I do love all the Charger generations  BTW. 

Is that what we call it now, 2006+?

Welcome to the site! Sorry though, I do not share your love for "all" Charger generations, especially the + models. :shruggy:

70charger_boy

Quote from: bull on August 10, 2007, 12:56:15 PM
Quote from: moparknighthawk on August 10, 2007, 12:40:58 PM

Is that what we call it now, 2006+?

Welcome to the site! Sorry though, I do not share your love for "all" Charger generations, especially the + models. :shruggy:

bull, wanna show him your old avatar, or should I?

Ponch ®

Man...you guys seriously need to get over it. You're entirely fixating too much on your hate for a car. A CAR!
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

70charginglizard

who said hate???

I believe the statement he made is that he doesn't share the love for that model.

You really need to get over getting on the people who doesn't share your love for it. ::)

Not to be mean, but you should really think before you prosecute someone for there own opinion. Were all allowed tol have one you know and if if we don't like it we don't like it. Whats the big deal? Why do you have such a big probem with us who don't like it???
70charginglizard

Ponch ®

Quote from: 70charginglizard on August 10, 2007, 01:54:42 PM
who said hate???

I believe the statement he made is that he doesn't share the love for that model.

You really need to get over getting on the people who doesn't share your love for it. ::)

Not to be mean, but you should really think before you prosecute someone for there own opinion. Were all allowed tol have one you know and if if we don't like it we don't like it. Whats the big deal? Why do you have such a big probem with us who don't like it???

I don't have a problem with people who don't like it, or even people who bash it. Everyone has their opinions. But damn, some people seem to be obsessed with it...to the point where it gets old and repetitive. Every time the subject comes up, it's the same people posting the same old tired comments. I've been around here (and the old site) since before the car came out, when we all speculated as to what it was gonna be like, and before I owned mine - I was even one of the bashers early on. When I bought mine, I knew I'd get flack for it, so I have a pretty thick skin when it comes to it and take it in stride. But at least show some civility towards newbies...the guy makes a post about his car and he's already being put down (albeit subtly, but nevertheless) for it. Makes us all look like assholes. As my mama used to tell me..."if I don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" - sometimes you just gotta let it go.

Brock Samson

I dont hate,..
but if i'm told we have a nice orange comming out,.. I expect an orange,.. dont hand me an apple and then tell me it's an orange..  :slap:

See,  to me, a charger is a swoopy two-door hardtop that has all the bells and whistles, and devistatingly good looks,..

I'm fully aware tacking the "Charger" name on there was pure and simple a marketing decision...

I don't like the LX look, and haven't since the first show car came out,.. i'm talking about the Hemi brick the Germans brought out by the way..
I did like the original LH follow-on concept that came out in '99... even though it was a four door,.. Wasn't perfect but was far better looking..

I keep trying to like the products the germans are responsible for, but I'm still just not feeling it...  :shruggy:

70charger_boy

I like to drive a car that doesn't look like a police car.  I have drivin in the back of many police cars and they suck

Fitz73Chrgr

I think the new Charger is a cool car, especially the SRT-8.  Just not cool enough to be called a Charger.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on August 10, 2007, 02:51:46 PM
I think the new Charger is a cool car, especially the SRT-8.  Just not cool enough to be called a Charger.

tHAT IS JUST HOW I SAY IT!!
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ponch ®

Quote from: Fitz73Chrgr on August 10, 2007, 02:51:46 PM

That's a fair point. I myself don't really agree with the name either, but IMHO it is a good car on its own right and that's why I bought one. Believe me, I've gotten into friendly arguments with the LX guys (especially the guys that own "HEMI cars") who sometimes get a little too carried away and start putting the '06 on the same level as the classic Chargers. It's not even close....

bull

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 10, 2007, 02:04:22 PM
who said hate???

I don't have a problem with people who don't like it, or even people who bash it. Everyone has their opinions. But damn, some people seem to be obsessed with it...to the point where it gets old and repetitive. Every time the subject comes up, it's the same people posting the same old tired comments. I've been around here (and the old site) since before the car came out, when we all speculated as to what it was gonna be like, and before I owned mine - I was even one of the bashers early on. When I bought mine, I knew I'd get flack for it, so I have a pretty thick skin when it comes to it and take it in stride. But at least show some civility towards newbies...the guy makes a post about his car and he's already being put down (albeit subtly, but nevertheless) for it. Makes us all look like assholes. As my mama used to tell me..."if I don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all" - sometimes you just gotta let it go.

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 10, 2007, 01:19:46 PM
Man...you guys seriously need to get over it. You're entirely fixating too much on your hate for a car. A CAR!

There he goes. 3-2-1 liftoff! I enjoy pushing your buttons, Ponch, but here lately it's become all too easy. :nana:

Ponch ®

Quote from: bull on August 10, 2007, 03:05:52 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on August 10, 2007, 02:04:22 PM
who said hate???

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 10, 2007, 01:19:46 PM

There he goes. 3-2-1 liftoff! I enjoy pushing your buttons, Ponch, but here lately it's become all too easy. :nana:

You think too highly of yourself and your posts. :cheers:

ITSA426

My son has an '06 SXT and I have a Top Banana RT Daytona.  They are nice rides.  The Daytona is like a 300C with an attitude.  I really enjoy it.

We also have nine up and running, insured, first generation Chargers and a couple shoebox Coronets.  When anyone else buys their next new car they can buy what they like. 

I can't believe how I spend my money should upset some one else.  I don't care what you do with your money as long as I don't have to bail you out.

moparknighthawk

Dayam, didn't mean to start the old arguments up again.   :icon_smile_tongue:  Come on guys, there is room for all of us here.   :cheers:
Greg

2006 Go Mango Charger Daytona # 1592 of 4000

Mopar enthusiast!! (I love them all)

Mid-Atlantic Modern Mopars
www.midatlanticmodernmopars.com

dodgecharger-fan

Mine's an SE in Marine Blue Pearl...

I had other choices that weren't much of a choice, in my opinion..

alfanta

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 10, 2007, 02:11:12 PM
I dont hate,..
but if i'm told we have a nice orange comming out,.. I expect an orange,.. dont hand me an apple and then tell me it's an orange..  :slap:

See,  to me, a charger is a swoopy two-door hardtop that has all the bells and whistles, and devistatingly good looks,..

I'm fully aware tacking the "Charger" name on there was pure and simple a marketing decision...

I don't like the LX look, and haven't since the first show car came out,.. i'm talking about the Hemi brick the Germans brought out by the way..
I did like the original LH follow-on concept that came out in '99... even though it was a four door,.. Wasn't perfect but was far better looking..

I keep trying to like the products the germans are responsible for, but I'm still just not feeling it...  :shruggy:

Lucky for you the designer of the "brick" cars (300, magnum, charger) is no longer with chrylser. And as we like to call them in my design classes, the German war machine vehicles have a TON of power because of their weight. Once the next generation comes out (assuming it lasts that long) it will be much much lighter and probably less brick-like. Assuming the engine packages dont change too much aside from adding a 6.4L hemi option, The next versions of the cars will all be much much better in their performance capabilities and be a much better design.

Ive been told that the owner of Chrysler now is hilarious in the way that company handles things b/c they dont give a rats ass about what market research tells them and do what is the best thing for their product with the plan that it will in turn give the greatest profit to the company. I dont know how true that is, but I believe the guy that told me for what its worth.

Personally I think the new charger is a pretty good modern interpretation of what the charger would have been like had it not stopped production. I think that it would have been converted to a 4 door in the 80s, a wagon option would have become available(dodge magnum) and with the development of their LX platform would have moved onto that. the overall speed form is very chargeresque. I think the taillights are wrong for a charger and I think the integration of the crosshair grille was done in a mannor that doesnt say charger, but this is a modern interpretation that I think they did pretty well on.  Much better than the mustang, and Dare i say it the new challenger. now before everyone yells at me let me explain. Although the challenger is a beautiful car, It does not reflect the design of this era, It doesnt fit with any of their model lines, and does nothing to push for alternative fuel methods which I think that them releasing a model like that should. They could put a Twin Turbo BioDiesel in it that produces just as much horsepower and torque, but doesnt pollute like the hemi does. Dont take me wrong, Im not a tree hugger, i do drive a charger(when it is running) but with the way the industry is changing and the fuel shortages that are going to be getting serious in 10 years or so I think the company needs to look more to the future especially when releasing something that will be as coveted as the new challenger will be.

As for the mustang, I think the styling is so-so on it and feel like the rear end of it is completely unresolved and feel like the next generation of that which will have to be released by 2010 as a concept is going to make or break fords retrofuturism design. They did a mediocre job with the thunderbird, and same with the mustang. They need to bring the euro-spec focus to the US.

Anyways before I start complaining about EVERYTHING car design ill stop. and dont take offense to it, its just my  :Twocents:

bull

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 10, 2007, 03:12:15 PM

Nah, you've just gotten oversensitive in the past year or so. I can't take credit for your overreactions. Too much estrogen engineering going on in the universities these days I guess.

Ponch ®

Quote from: bull on August 10, 2007, 04:37:25 PM

Nah, you've just gotten oversensitive in the past year or so. I can't take credit for your overreactions. Too much estrogen engineering going on in the universities these days I guess.

hmmm...I might the sensitive one, but I'm not the one that is always going off on some rant about the new Charger, the illiegals, gas prices, them liberals, and so on. Take it easy, Tiger...we don't want you to bust a blood vessel...

bull

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 10, 2007, 05:25:40 PM

hmmm...I might the sensitive one, but I'm not the one that is always going off on some rant about the new Charger, the illiegals, gas prices, them liberals, and so on. Take it easy, Tiger...we don't want you to bust a blood vessel...

It's called testosterone, you should try it. ;)

Back N Black

I like the look of the new charger for a "family" car and was planning on buying the V6 model until i took it out for a test drive,it was gutless.I have 2004 Impala with the 3.8 that has 120k on it and the charger can't touch it. :Twocents:

DodgeChargerNeeded

I'll put it very simple. Very nice car wrong nameplate on it.
Jeff

Ponch ®

Quote from: bull on August 10, 2007, 07:58:19 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on August 10, 2007, 05:25:40 PM

It's called testosterone, you should try it. ;)

well, that showed me . ::)

70 Battle Horse

Quote from: Back N Black on August 10, 2007, 08:38:21 PM
I like the look of the new charger for a "family" car and was planning on buying the V6 model until i took it out for a test drive,it was gutless.I have 2004 Impala with the 3.8 that has 120k on it and the charger can't touch it. :Twocents:
Ha , my family car runs 13.8s at 101 mph with a cat back exhaust and CAI...now that I have flashed it with a superchips programmer I expect to be in the low to mid 13s......Looking at a list of top 50 all time fastest "stock" muscle cars tested and published 1/4 mile times... That puts my Daytona somewhere in ranks of the high 30s. Bitch all you want about the name...this bitch SMOKES quite a few of stock "true muscle car" 1/4 mile times......The funniest thing about owning this car is the ONLY people who dislike it are "old school mopar fans" = some actually act like the elitist Chevy a-holes who love to shit on EVERYTHING Mopar.  Its all good though, when I purchase anything ,its for ME....and I could give a fat rats ass about anyone else's opinion, about what I pay for, and enjoy = I am not looking for anyones validation! Its really this simple, If you have a bug up your ass about the name, think it looks like a piece of crap, dislike the "German" hands on the design....DONT BUY THE F-IN CAR !! But to take shots at anyone who  is happy/ proud with their purchase just shows either ignorance, an inferiority complex, or at best a juvenile level of classlessness....again like so many too familiar GM attitudes

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph