News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who here has a 2006+ Charger?

Started by moparknighthawk, August 10, 2007, 12:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69charger2002

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on August 14, 2007, 12:37:06 PM
I'll get some pics up once they're all done but I've got a third brakelight mask that shows the classic Charger script when the light goes on.
I've got quarter "swoops" with the same Charger script cut into them.

QuoteWould I have preferred it be named something else? Absolutely.

Do I think DCX made an error calling this a Charger? Yes. Especially after showing the 1999 Concept Charger

:rofl:  ::)
that is almost bass-ackwards.. you agree it shouldn't be called a charger but yet you're gonna plaster the old school script all over it?? you're worse than trevor creed!!!   :eek2:
just messing with you that was too funny i couldn't resist
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

bull

I thought that was a little sideways too when I saw it. :shruggy:

70charger_boy

Ponch ®

Quote from: 69charger2002 on August 14, 2007, 09:23:57 PM
I'll get some pics up once they're all done but I've got a third brakelight mask that shows the classic Charger script when the light goes on.

Do I think DCX made an error calling this a Charger? Yes. Especially after showing the 1999 Concept Charger

that is almost bass-ackwards.. you agree it shouldn't be called a charger but yet you're gonna plaster the old school script all over it?? you're worse than trevor creed!!!   :eek2:

Even I have to admit that you have a point there...:haha:
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

devilgear

I own an 06 Mag Pearl R/T. I love it, and so does my wife. Great family for us.

dodgecharger-fan

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 14, 2007, 11:08:14 PM

Yeah, I know.
I felt a little dirty when I ordered them. :D

But, I didn't really like any of the other graphics choices. They didn't have "Coronet"   :icon_smile_cool:

I guess I'm trying to make the best of it. And stickerz is cheap, dawg!  :rofl:

As for mods, I'm trying to be careful not to fall in to the whole "ricer" mentality of just dressing up a grocery getter and trying to pass it off as a true "tuner."

I had to stick with the 17s for now so that work will still pay for tires when I need them.
Once I buy it out, I'll think about doing something different. Maybe.

I'm on lxforums and chargerforums.com.
I scored the rims and tires from an lxforums member - 4 rims and 4 tires with about 1500 miles on them for $150.

Ponch ®

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on August 15, 2007, 12:37:34 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on August 14, 2007, 11:08:14 PM

Yeah, I know.
I felt a little dirty when I ordered them. :D

But, I didn't really like any of the other graphics choices. They didn't have "Coronet"   :icon_smile_cool:

I guess I'm trying to make the best of it. And stickerz is cheap, dawg!  :rofl:

As for mods, I'm trying to be careful not to fall in to the whole "ricer" mentality of just dressing up a grocery getter and trying to pass it off as a true "tuner."

I had to stick with the 17s for now so that work will still pay for tires when I need them.
Once I buy it out, I'll think about doing something different. Maybe.

I'm on lxforums and chargerforums.com.
I scored the rims and tires from an lxforums member - 4 rims and 4 tires with about 1500 miles on them for $150.

sweet...what's your screenname at LX? I'm on there as MojoJojo (of course). Never went to Chargerforums...from what I hear, you get treated like a roach if you don't have a Hemi.
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

dodgecharger-fan

I'm dodgechargerfan over there.

I haven't had any isues with chargerforums as of yet.
I do need to follow up on a cruise sometime. I've bailed on two this year - right in my backyard.

Ponch ®

Quote from: dodgecharger-fan on August 15, 2007, 01:00:18 PM
I'm dodgechargerfan over there.

I haven't had any isues with chargerforums as of yet.
I do need to follow up on a cruise sometime. I've bailed on two this year - right in my backyard.

Man...I've been doing tons of cruises/meets n greets with the local guys lately...almost every weekend there's something going on. This coming weekend alone there are 3 events...though I probably won't make it to all. It's fun stuff though.

Cool! Check out my "Are you a MOPAR guy" thread in The Gas Tank.

Brock Samson

so no comments on this "tommarow" sketch on the dodge web site huh?..  :slap:

Ponch ®

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 15, 2007, 02:58:41 PM
so no comments on this "tommarow" sketch on the dodge web site huh?..  :slap:

it didn't work when I checked it yesterday. Just saw it now. Kinda looks like a hardtop version of the new Demon.

Brock Samson

do you agree it looks to be the next generation of the charger?..  :shruggy: 

Ponch ®

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 15, 2007, 03:30:38 PM
do you agree it looks to be the next generation of the charger?..  :shruggy: 

Could be, but who knows? Looks like a 2 door to me, and the front really does resemble the Demon concept.

Brock Samson

Quote from: Back N Black on August 10, 2007, 08:38:21 PM
I like the look of the new charger for a "family" car and was planning on buying the V6 model until i took it out for a test drive,it was gutless.I have 2004 Impala with the 3.8 that has 120k on it and the charger can't touch it. :Twocents:

i duuno are you sure you tried a 3.6 V-6 cause it's not gutless in fact the newer ones '06 - with the five speed transmissions are plenty fast,.. not Hemi V-8 fast but no slouch....

i hear/read all kinds of complaints about the base four cyl. though,.. (and the four-speed auto too) perhaps that's what you drove...
in a car that heavy (probably has alot to do with the two extra doors..)  your sacrificing any low end grunt for Mileage figures...

on to the sketch,..  :scope:  :scratchchin:  it does look alot like the demon especially the door scoop in back there... just kind'a generalized sorta' way...
then again it's got a roof too.    :shruggy:

Ponch ®

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 15, 2007, 03:40:41 PM
Quote from: Back N Black on August 10, 2007, 08:38:21 PM
I like the look of the new charger for a "family" car and was planning on buying the V6 model until i took it out for a test drive,it was gutless.I have 2004 Impala with the 3.8 that has 120k on it and the charger can't touch it. :Twocents:

i duuno are you sure you tried a 3.6 V-6 cause it's not gutless in fact the newer ones '06 - with the five speed transmissions are plenty fast,.. not Hemi V-8 fast but no slouch....

i hear/read all kinds of complaints about the base four cyl. though,.. (and the four-speed auto too) perhaps that's what you drove...
in a car that heavy (probably has alot to do with the two extra doors..)  your sacrificing any low end grunt for Mileage figures...

there's no 4 cylinder. The base engine for all LX cars is the 2.7 V6. As I said earlier, it does lack a little power on acceleration, but otherwise it does pretty well at cruising speeds.

Brock Samson

o.k. my bad...  :shruggy:   

here's the chysler tommarow sketch...

and here's the jeep...

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: so all folks here care about is the upcomming chally?..  :shruggy:

zerfetzen

I have a silver 2006 Charger RT.  I'm not really a fan of any modern car, but like it just fine as far as modern cars go.
Current Daily Driver: 2006 Dodge Charger RT
Current Project: 1969 Dodge Charger
Previous Cars I want back: 1974 Barracuda, 1973 Cuda

bull

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 16, 2007, 10:19:15 AM
:scratchchin: so all folks here care about is the upcomming chally?..  :shruggy:

I think you mean "Our last great hope." :icon_smile_big:

Ponch ®

Man...next time I'm buying a Camry so I won't get hassled by you guys....

bull

Quote from: Ponch ® on August 16, 2007, 05:10:30 PM

Dude, you wouldn't last 20 minutes in the blue-collar workforce if you can't handle the small amount of ribbing here. Every place I've worked where I'm side by side with other blue-collar guys it's pretty much a relentless bastion of antagonism from the moment you arrive to the time you leave.

Chargen69

Quote from: bull on August 16, 2007, 05:31:24 PM

Dude, you wouldn't last 20 minutes in the blue-collar workforce if you can't handle the small amount of ribbing here. Every place I've worked where I'm side by side with other blue-collar guys it's pretty much a relentless bastion of antagonism from the moment you arrive to the time you leave.

:popcrn:

70charger_boy

Quote from: bull on August 16, 2007, 05:31:24 PM

I'll take Ponch's side on this one.....Sorry Bull

Nacho-RT74

What about if we custom made some Coronet badges with actually Chagnum Font and give fro free to Chagnum owners ?

:sarcasmalert:

:stirthepot:
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Brock Samson

i saw a new char.. err,.. sedan today parked in a residental area with a custom billet grill on the drivers side it had an ENFORCER badge... i beeped the R.R,s horn several times  but no one came out or responded...  :shruggy: i sure wish they had named it that...

you good with me ponch or is it mojo?..  :smilielol: