News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who here has a 2006+ Charger?

Started by moparknighthawk, August 10, 2007, 12:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69charger2002

i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

bull

Quote from: CHARGERMAN2007_69 on May 05, 2008, 10:14:32 AM
heel it did happen and wat was pretty fun this weekend is i have a 71 charger se with a 400 right and a brand new mack1 pulled up right next to me at a stop light right before i brought my car to the carshow and wanted to race so im lke wat the hell so i say ok light turns green of course he beets me of the line cause i made kindof a show with my burnout evan know he beat me of the line i beat him by 1 cars length it felt damn good i didnt know my car had that much horse but damn i do know! :icon_smile_big:

You know, I corrected my second-grade daughter's homework last night and it was easier to understand than what you scrawled above.

68RT4ME

heel it did happen and wat was pretty fun this weekend is i have a 71 charger se with a 400 right and a brand new mack1 pulled up right next to me at a stop light right before i brought my car to the carshow and wanted to race so im lke wat the hell so i say ok light turns green of course he beets me of the line cause i made kindof a show with my burnout evan know he beat me of the line i beat him by 1 cars length it felt damn good i didnt know my car had that much horse but damn i do know! :icon_smile_big:

"Man, What the hell did you just say?" :shruggy:

Have had mine 2 months. I likey allot...
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

BB1

When will these threads stop, FCOL.  :rotz:
The new ones are just fine.
Delete my profile

Big Lebowski

Maybe he ate some bad shellfish or something, surely you can't think too clearly with the fever. Go easy on the poor guy. :eek2:
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Back N Black

WOW!  thats impressive your 71 400 beat a brand new Mack1. You must have some serious mods done to your 400 to beat a Mack1  :shruggy:

CHARGERMAN2007_69

no not realy all i have done to it is put a 4 bbl edelbroke on it its an ol 2 bbl 400 out of i would say a 77 cordoba
1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram

bull

Quote from: CHARGERMAN2007_69 on May 06, 2008, 12:04:26 PM
no not realy all i have done to it is put a 4 bbl edelbroke on it its an ol 2 bbl 400 out of i would say a 77 cordoba

Edelbroke :smilielol:

TheGhost

You beat an 02 Mach 1, with a 71 SE powered by a 77 400.  And the only mod you've done is an Edelbrock 4 barrel?

Right.  And my stock 273 Barracuda is a 10 second car.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

CHARGERMAN2007_69

Im seriouse wat ur a ford lover man
1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram

TheGhost

Never owned a Ford in my live.  But, I know what the Mach 1s are capable of, and I know that from what you described your car is, you wouldn't have beat him, unless he wasn't actually racing.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

70 Battle Horse

Quote from: bull on May 06, 2008, 02:48:27 PM
Quote from: CHARGERMAN2007_69 on May 06, 2008, 12:04:26 PM

Edelbroke :smilielol:
I used to own a 71 Charger with a 74 400 2bbl donated from a Monaco.  I built up a 727 tourqueflite , and used a TCI street fighter converter . I installed an Edelbrock dual plane intake with a 4bbl carb, MP electronic distributor conversion with orange box, 1970 magnum exhaust manifolds custom dual exhaust with dynomax mufflers. Running the stock differential with 2:76 gears The BEST time in the 1/4 I could muster was a 15.9 So I believe I'm gonna havta raise the ol  :icon_bs: flag on your scenario

Best 1/4 run so far 12.7 @ 108 mph

CHARGERMAN2007_69

yall think wat yall want i know wat i did and thats that
1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram

Death1970Proof

"Remember when I said this car was death proof? Well that wasnt' a lie-this car is 100%death proof- only to get the benefit of it honey you really need to be sitting in my seat"...

FastbackJon

Looks like I have an opportunity to pull this one back out of the closet!

To answer the original question, I do not own a 2006+ Charger.

To show you why, I will re-iterate what comes to my mind when I think of each Generation of Charger.
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Ghoste

Quote from: CHARGERMAN2007_69 on May 06, 2008, 05:51:29 PM
yall think wat yall want i know wat i did and thats that

What I'm thinking mostly is basic sentence structure.   ::)

ITSA426

Jon, I just remembered I also used to make license plate frames like that - back when they were American made.  Some were stamped steel with a silk screened insert, and some were diecast complete with the lettering.  I didn't realize those jobs were still part of the American economy.

Silver R/T

its ugly car period, Id rather drive new camry
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

68RT4ME

Quote from: Silver R/T on May 08, 2008, 09:27:33 PM

You guys crack me up. Like it or not, it's still a Charger, PERIOD. Says so on the title, the manuals, the ads, brochures, billboards, etc., etc., etc..... till the end of time. Ugly or beautiful, 4 Dr and boxie, fast or slow, market gimmick or not, accepted or not.... List any and all arguments for it or against it. Post a 1000 threads on whether it worthy of NOT. Once and for all, it's a
C H A R G E R!!!!! because Chrysler says so, because we say so..... And just, BECAUSE!!!!!

You don't have to like it but, you do have to live with it.    :icon_smile_big:  :rofl:  :stirthepot:
'69 Charger R/T, T5, Tan Top, Tan Interior, Black Stripe. Complete numbers matching 440 4Spd

Ghoste

And the people who like it can tell us we have have to live with it all they want, but no matter how fast it is, no matter how it handles, no matter what it's mileage and emissions performance are, no matter what it says on the title, it's still a four door family sedan and it's still ugly.  :nana:

68RT4ME

Quote from: Ghoste on May 09, 2008, 04:35:05 PM
And the people who like it can tell us we have have to live with it all they want, but no matter how fast it is, no matter how it handles, no matter what it's mileage and emissions performance are, no matter what it says on the title, it's still a four door family sedan and it's still ugly.  :nana:

But, like my '69, like my '71.....It's Still a CHARGER!!!!  :poke:

68charger383

The new ones are growing on me.

One good thing we all have to admit about the new chargers is that the Challenger owners will soon benefit from all the mods and equipment that have been figured out and now produced for the 6.1 chargers.
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

charge-it

Quote from: 70 Battle Horse on August 10, 2007, 10:08:18 PM
Quote from: Back N Black on August 10, 2007, 08:38:21 PM
I like the look of the new charger for a "family" car and was planning on buying the V6 model until i took it out for a test drive,it was gutless.I have 2004 Impala with the 3.8 that has 120k on it and the charger can't touch it. :Twocents:
Ha , my family car runs 13.8s at 101 mph with a cat back exhaust and CAI...now that I have flashed it with a superchips programmer I expect to be in the low to mid 13s......Looking at a list of top 50 all time fastest "stock" muscle cars tested and published 1/4 mile times... That puts my Daytona somewhere in ranks of the high 30s. Bitch all you want about the name...this bitch SMOKES quite a few of stock "true muscle car" 1/4 mile times......The funniest thing about owning this car is the ONLY people who dislike it are "old school mopar fans" = some actually act like the elitist Chevy a-holes who love to shit on EVERYTHING Mopar.  Its all good though, when I purchase anything ,its for ME....and I could give a fat rats ass about anyone else's opinion, about what I pay for, and enjoy = I am not looking for anyones validation! Its really this simple, If you have a bug up your ass about the name, think it looks like a piece of crap, dislike the "German" hands on the design....DONT BUY THE F-IN CAR !! But to take shots at anyone who  is happy/ proud with their purchase just shows either ignorance, an inferiority complex, or at best a juvenile level of classlessness....again like so many too familiar GM attitudes

Well said Randy. By the way, is the 70 still resting in your garage?
Visit our new website:

http://www.pepsparts.com

bull

Quote from: 68RT4ME on May 09, 2008, 02:29:00 PM
Quote from: Silver R/T on May 08, 2008, 09:27:33 PM

You guys crack me up. Like it or not, it's still a Charger, PERIOD. Says so on the title, the manuals, the ads, brochures, billboards, etc., etc., etc..... till the end of time. Ugly or beautiful, 4 Dr and boxie, fast or slow, market gimmick or not, accepted or not.... List any and all arguments for it or against it. Post a 1000 threads on whether it worthy of NOT. Once and for all, it's a
C H A R G E R!!!!! because Chrysler says so, because we say so..... And just, BECAUSE!!!!!

You don't have to like it but, you do have to live with it.    :icon_smile_big:  :rofl:  :stirthepot:

Yup, and this is a GTO:

This is a Maserati:

And this is a Mustang:

At least they're all two-doors. :2thumbs:

Face it. Some of us will always refuse to bow at the throne of Chrysler and accept mediocrity. Last time I checked we are still living in a representative republic or representative democracy (depending on your definition preference) and are therefore not required to accept every 'fact' fed to us by our 'leaders' and 'decision makers' who in this case decided to spawn a cheesy marketing campaign spewed out by the whoring of a once-great name that earned the respect it deserved. I'm still hoping Chrysler just made a huge mistake and ran off a bunch of Charger nameplates only to discover the error too late to do anything about it. They obviously don't care about the heritage of the name so why should I accept and perpetuate their crappy attitude by calling this car a Charger? :laugh: :shruggy:

TheGhost

Quote from: bull on May 10, 2008, 12:08:38 AMYup, and this is a GTO:

Yes, it is.  In fact, it's exactly like the classic GTO when you think about it.  The old GTOs looked like every other car Pontiac made, except it was fast.  So did the new one.

QuoteThis is a Maserati:

Maserati didn't design it, but they approved it using their name, so yes, it is a Maserati.

QuoteAnd this is a Mustang:

Ah, yes, the PintoStang.  Yes, it is still a Mustang.