News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who here has a 2006+ Charger?

Started by moparknighthawk, August 10, 2007, 12:40:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Quote from: 70charger_boy on August 16, 2007, 09:40:55 PM
Quote from: bull on August 16, 2007, 05:31:24 PM
Quote from: Ponch ® on August 16, 2007, 05:10:30 PM
Man...next time I'm buying a Camry so I won't get hassled by you guys....

Dude, you wouldn't last 20 minutes in the blue-collar workforce if you can't handle the small amount of ribbing here. Every place I've worked where I'm side by side with other blue-collar guys it's pretty much a relentless bastion of antagonism from the moment you arrive to the time you leave.

I'll take Ponch's side on this one.....Sorry Bull

Right. You guys should both buy a Camry.

69charger2002

they all(new cars) look the same.. the whole beef is simply the style.. other than that i have not a single problem with the new charger. it is a great car. seriously. it has  ALMOST everything we have been bitching and whining about for what seems like 20 years now:
1. RWD
2. BIG HEMI V8 power(426 hp)
3. available 2.7 for those that want 25 mpg
4. great handling
5. comfortable
6. roomy(thanks to 4 doors!)
7. all modern creature comforts you could imagine available
it's not that anyone(myself included). HATE  the new car. it is probably DCX's best car they have produced as far as what we wanted.. EXCEPT they left out style. period. but so has 99% of new cars that make it to production. granted it's not 1969 anymore.. but since they kind of are teasing us with the retro possibility.. and bringing back all the names, badges, stripes, etc.. it just hurts that our beloved name that we cherish is on a 4 door no style.. but otherwise great car.. am i on the right track here for all the "haters"..

ps.. my wife loves the car. if it had been called.. say.. a magnum coupe.. or enforcer.. or coronet.. there would probably be one in my driveway. call me stubborn. but it felt like a slap in the face to whore the name out for marketing sake and i have been hard hearted ever since about it. and that is why i will never own one

sorry i just get worked up when i think about it
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

bull

Trav makes a good point. When you think about how all that other stuff is so difficult to accomplish with any aptitude in this day and age (high safety, mph and emissions standards) the syling seems like it would be so much easier to match with the name Charger if they had really wanted to.

Lowprofile

Quote from: bull on August 16, 2007, 11:52:01 PM
Trav makes a good point. When you think about how all that other stuff is so difficult to accomplish with any aptitude in this day and age (high safety, mph and emissions standards) the syling seems like it would be so much easier to match with the name Charger if they had really wanted to.

I think Old Trevor Creed made a four door Charger just to jerk your chain Bro!   :D :nana: :D

I got to drive a 07 SRT-8 a few months ago. I was impressed with the car for what it is.......But like most dissenters, its the wrong name for that car......Magnum was what it should have been. You were right about one thing bull, it was the greed of the company/dealers that made them use the greatest name in their stable. And that is a shame.  :rotz:

Good riddance to the Germans........Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out!!  :fu: :loser:

btw, Ponch, those rims look good on your car bro.  :2thumbs:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

CCSO41015

Here is my "work car."  I am a Dodge Fan since the early 70s, and love the Charger (Old and new) and all the other Muscle Cars that Chrysler Invented, and others copied.

I have budgeted to acquire a Challenger next year (The new one) so well see how that works out.  I currently have a 04.5 Dodge 3500 Cummins and the wife has a "non dodge."  I had a hard time getting over the look of the new Charger, but it has grown on me, and I really like it.  The performance and comfort is second none in the Police Market.  I don't think ill ever be able to get back into a Ford

SirNik73

Man O Man... a guy leaves for a while and comes back and its like the exact conversation from 2 years ago! I see I didn't miss much.

BTW. How can I dislike the Charger. I Love my Mercedes. and I think they build great cars... gotta love the W210 Chassis! the E320 Diesel is a grate car. to bad the charger isn't a diesel.
1973 Charger SE
1973 Charger Parts car
1968 Couger... got this one for free! and it looks like it was free :)
1983 Toyota Tercel 4x4 Daily Driver
1984 Mercedes-Benz 300SD

bull

Quote from: CCSO41015 on August 17, 2007, 01:18:15 PM

Here is my "work car."  I am a Dodge Fan since the early 70s, and love the Charger (Old and new) and all the other Muscle Cars that Chrysler Invented, and others copied.

Well, everyone loves the old Chargers, even the Ford and Chevy guys.

Nacho-RT74

Quote from: SirNik73 on August 17, 2007, 03:03:48 PM
I Love my Mercedes. and I think they build great cars...
:iagree:

but every brand on its bussines IMHO, no crossdown please. I like brands identity
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

68charger383

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 16, 2007, 10:19:15 AM
:scratchchin: so all folks here care about is the upcomming chally?..  :shruggy:

I'm waiting for it. This months issue of Car Craft mentions a new generation III aluminum 426 which is being built and it is to be slotted for the new challenger!. See we may have a 426 Hemi under the hood.

http://www.dodgechallengercountdown.com/
1968 Charger 383(Sold)
2003 Dodge Viper SRT-10

Ghoste

Same here.  I'm much more interested in the new Challenger than a high speed Euro touring sedan.

BigBlackDodge

Everyone knows that the '70 500's are the best! (and if it's a factory 318 2bbl car..............whoa baby!) :drool5:

BBD :nana:

70charger_boy

Quote from: BigBlackDodge on August 18, 2007, 11:32:51 AM
Everyone knows that the '70 500's are the best! (and if it's a factory 318 2bbl car..............whoa baby!) :drool5:

BBD :nana:

Hey, I have a factory 318 and I'm the only one who wants it

moparknighthawk

Bringing back this thread.  Not to start more arguments but to simply state:

If the new Charger guys and the old Charger guys would simply take a little interest in each other, we would ALL learn alot from each other.   :icon_smile_big:
Greg

2006 Go Mango Charger Daytona # 1592 of 4000

Mopar enthusiast!! (I love them all)

Mid-Atlantic Modern Mopars
www.midatlanticmodernmopars.com

CHARGERMAN2007_69

hell i was ahamed of the new hemi charger i borrowed my buddies honda civic and i got line to line beet him off the line then beat him about 4 lengths i was like wat in the hell u could tell he was flooring it a was so ashamed
1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram

TeeWJay426

Quote from: CHARGERMAN2007_69 on May 02, 2008, 02:01:03 PM
hell i was ahamed of the new hemi charger i borrowed my buddies honda civic and i got line to line beet him off the line then beat him about 4 lengths i was like wat in the hell u could tell he was flooring it a was so ashamed
74 Charger SE, 400 HP, 4-speed

Troy

Quote from: CHARGERMAN2007_69 on May 02, 2008, 02:01:03 PM
Um, sure you did. How about a little more info - like were both cars stock and how good were the drivers? As much as I dislike the new Charger a stock Honda Civic (even the Si) isn't exactly a road destroying machine. Yes, they can be built - but so can a Hemi and I'd take the rear wheel drive V8 any day (unless I was on a road course). Civic EX has 1/4 mile times above 17 seconds while a 5.7 powered R/T is in the 14.3 second range. It's hard to make up nearly 3 seconds.

Getting to the performance models and it's even worse. The Civic Si falls near the back of the pack even against others in the tuner category. It takes over 8.5 seconds to go 0-60 and finishes the 1/4 mile in 16.2. The SRT-8 Charger on the other hand goes 0-60 in just over 5 seconds and takes less than 14 seconds to complete the 1/4 mile.

Basically, any Hemi Charger would have plenty of time to goof off and still beat the top of the line Civic - and the price is nearly the same. If your friend owns a sub 14 second Civic it's nowhere near stock - especially winning by 4 lengths (were those Honda lengths or Charger lengths?).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

myk

Lol.  Not as if you need to be a good driver to beat a Civic.  No need to bring out the big guns, I'd break out the 4.6 Mustang to handle those guys, lol...

TheGhost

Quote from: bull on August 14, 2007, 12:10:33 AMThey've turned the Charger into a body kit/decaled/go wing

I'm sorry, but what new car isn't all that?  Even the new Mustang, which you keep lofting up onto a pedistal due to it's retro look, and probably the new Challenger (another car most of those who bitch about the new Charger keep slobbering over) will have all that, as well.

That's how cars are designed these days, because that's what most of the younger generation want.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

Big Lebowski

"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

CHARGERMAN2007_69

both are stock hemi charger and a dual over head 4 cylinder civic
1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram

Charger_Fan

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

RD

Quote from: CHARGERMAN2007_69 on May 02, 2008, 06:40:47 PM
both are stock hemi charger and a dual over head 4 cylinder civic

no offense, i know your dad is on this board, but whatever son...  if you like the civic so much, go buy one... :image_294343: i am not a big fan of the chagnum, but I will be damned if I EVER PROMOTE A HONDA OVER A MOPAR!!!  :coocoo:

Your daddy needs to wallop you one  :spank: 

~~~~~~~~~~

and why in the hell was this post brought back from the dead and forgotten?
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

CHARGERMAN2007_69

for one thing i hate civics and i have a 71 charger and believe me im more mopar than u think i have never ever driven any thing else ok and i will never drive anything else ok 
1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram

TheGhost

Either you are lying, or whoever was driving the Charger sucks horribly at driving.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.  Especially if they have access to the internet.

CHARGERMAN2007_69

heel it did happen and wat was pretty fun this weekend is i have a 71 charger se with a 400 right and a brand new mack1 pulled up right next to me at a stop light right before i brought my car to the carshow and wanted to race so im lke wat the hell so i say ok light turns green of course he beets me of the line cause i made kindof a show with my burnout evan know he beat me of the line i beat him by 1 cars length it felt damn good i didnt know my car had that much horse but damn i do know! :icon_smile_big:
1971 charger SE 500
1970 charger r/t(clone)
1970 GTX(clone)
1999 Durrango
1997 jeep grand Cherokee
1973 gtx 1 of 117
1996 Dodge ram