News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

68 Hemi Charger: Progress, or shall I say the lack there of.

Started by hemi68charger, August 10, 2007, 08:46:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Quote from: nh_mopar_fan on August 10, 2007, 11:26:16 AM
What's worse? The body guy or the guy who has nothing better to do with his time but go running back and report to him?

Think I found out who did it, one of three potentials... It's no big deal.. He's just telling Smitty nothing more than I've already said to him in person.. He's just mad the world knows of my frustrations.. After all, most of you guys have been following the progress from the get-go...
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Charger_Fan

This thread's a bummer, but I'm glad things didn't go worse, especially with your daughter.
Here's hoping the next paint guy does you right! :cheers:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

The70RT

Good luck with everything. It seems these storys are all too common. It seems it is hard to get anything done right anymore. :shruggy:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

duo-stripe

Good luck T, and I am glad to hear Julie wasn't hurt that bad.
Say hi to the family from me,
Greetz, Marcel
MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

hemi68charger

Quote from: duo-stripe on August 12, 2007, 11:45:26 AM
Good luck T, and I am glad to hear Julie wasn't hurt that bad.
Say hi to the family from me,
Greetz, Marcel

Thanks Marcel.. I apparently put way too much stock in Smitty to get the job done at a reasonable amount of time and with a reasonable amount of quality...   Too bad......  I'll never refer any one over to him again.....

See you in a few months....

Troy
Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

hemigeno

Troy,

Sorry to read about all this - REALLY glad that your daughter is alright...

Things have a way of working out, and your car situation is no exception.  Like you said, it may have been a blessing in disguise that Smitty has shown his true colors.  The whole excuse about what you've said online is just that - an excuse, and a bad one at that.  Your integrity is still intact, but he can't say that.

Thanks for keeping us posted.

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemigeno on August 12, 2007, 08:53:20 PM
Troy,

Things have a way of working out, and your car situation is no exception.  Like you said, it may have been a blessing in disguise that Smitty has shown his true colors.  The whole excuse about what you've said online is just that - an excuse, and a bad one at that.  Your integrity is still intact, but he can't say that.

Thanks Geno..
I'll be taking the car to MoMusclecars http://www.momusclecars.com/ .... Tim's a good guy and very down to Earth... I'll probably be helping him on his '69 Charger R/T, the 1st Charger built.. That should be fun to say the least.....

Troy
Troy

hemi68charger

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 12, 2007, 09:26:57 PM
Troy,

Thanks Geno..
I'll be taking the car to MoMusclecars http://www.momusclecars.com/ .... Tim's a good guy and very down to Earth... I'll probably be helping him on his '69 Charger R/T, the 1st Charger built.. That should be fun to say the least.....

Troy

Well, arrangements are made for my '68... I'll be taking it to Mo's around the first of the month... Pushing forward....

Troy
Troy

The70RT

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 13, 2007, 06:40:42 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on August 12, 2007, 09:26:57 PM
Troy,

Thanks Geno..

Troy

Well, arrangements are made for my '68... I'll be taking it to Mo's around the first of the month... Pushing forward....

Troy

I guess as long as Larry & Curly aren't working on it :smilielol:............just kidding Troy. I bet it will be a big relief when it gets done so the elephant can get stuffed in :2thumbs:
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Charger Aficionado

I've seen so many people actually give-up on cars from dealing w/ procrastinating bodymen. 

If he had ANY sort of INTEGRITY, he would step-up and offer to take care of it right away.  I doubt he will do that because of the history he has allready portrayed.  I'll spread the word to the people I met in Houston.  I hope Ted Janak wasn't going to use this guy for the '69 Daytona clone project he purchased from me.  I'll ask him who he plans to use... 

hemi68charger

Quote from: Charger Aficionado on August 13, 2007, 07:56:56 PM
I've seen so many people actually give-up on cars from dealing w/ procrastinating bodymen. 

If he had ANY sort of INTEGRITY, he would step-up and offer to take care of it right away.  I doubt he will do that because of the history he has allready portrayed.  I'll spread the word to the people I met in Houston.  I hope Ted Janak wasn't going to use this guy for the '69 Daytona clone project he purchased from me.  I'll ask him who he plans to use... 

Thanks.... Hope Ted doesn't take it to him.. But, I haven't heard of anything like that going to him... I'm sure it's another shop......

Troy
Troy

firefighter3931

Troy, sorry to hear about your troubles. I can totally relate....pulled mine out of a "friends" shop when things weren't progressing as they should have and sent it to another place and it was done in a month.  :icon_smile_big:

I'm sure the new place will do an awesome job and finish it in a timely manner. Looking forward to the progress pics.  :2thumbs:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

69XP383

Troy,

I just got done ranting to resq302 (Brian) about how some moron tried to swap a 400 for the 383 that was supposed to be with the car I bought from a friend I bought it from whos husband recently passed away. He storing the car for her and her husband before he died, and he kept a bunch of parts (radio, fender tags, build sheet, etc.) and acted as if he didn't know what was going on.

The one thing he didn't count on was that she sold it to a person she knew. Long story short, after turning a few shades pf pale white when I finally confronted him and his cursed girlfriend, I did at least get the 383. What he now has to endure is the agony of knowing that every county and state law officer where we live is on to him, and I'll be sure to keep you on my mind when I do catch up to him and throw is rear-end in jail...it's just a matter of time  :whistling:

hemi68charger

Quote from: 69XP383 on August 13, 2007, 10:20:21 PM
Troy,

I just got done ranting to resq302 (Brian) about how some moron tried to swap a 400 for the 383 that was supposed to be with the car I bought from a friend I bought it from whos husband recently passed away. He storing the car for her and her husband before he died, and he kept a bunch of parts (radio, fender tags, build sheet, etc.) and acted as if he didn't know what was going on.

The one thing he didn't count on was that she sold it to a person she knew. Long story short, after turning a few shades pf pale white when I finally confronted him and his cursed girlfriend, I did at least get the 383. What he now has to endure is the agony of knowing that every county and state law officer where we live is on to him, and I'll be sure to keep you on my mind when I do catch up to him and throw is rear-end in jail...it's just a matter of time  :whistling:

Wow,,, man, you have something there, albeit he never did anything criminal, he do me wrong.. I hope you nail this punk.. Hope you got the fender tag and everything else.. I just don't understand some people and their lack of commitment and integrity. Just as you had a 383 stolen, I had 5 years of my life stolen.. Sucks to be tangled and pull along. I probably lost out on about 4 to 5 winged car possibilities because of his butt-draggin' ways.... Not my fault he has sorry time-management skills..
Troy