News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Survivor

Started by JMF, August 10, 2007, 06:41:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Forza

I've seen that around before. It's just incredible what shape that is in. What a beautiful charger, hard to believe its a survivor. It's amazing that it looks better then most restored chargers, but it being a supposed survivor and not having a ding or even a blimish in paint after 39 years just doesn't seem legit.

1972Rallye

Very interesting.... Blue engine?  I thought performance engines were orange.

70charger_boy

That car has made a tour on ebay for a long time now.  The seller of that car, pureoctaine, is the shadiest son of a bitch out there.  He use to have a shop in the bronx and would lie his ass off about cars having matching numbers.  Usually, when he lies about a car he has a low asking price.   It has the aftermarket 500 wheels and new tires, but it might be legit. 

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: 1972Rallye on August 10, 2007, 07:23:00 AM
Very interesting.... Blue engine?  I thought performance engines were orange.
that is the correct color for a 68 440, 69 s were orange but 68 was turquoise.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

dodgecharger-fan

Brock Samson

interesting, i didn't know there was such a thing as an antenna delete...  :shruggy:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 10, 2007, 10:12:18 AM
interesting, i didn't know there was such a thing as an antenna delete...  :shruggy:

What !!??  and it has a radio?...... come on....... Someone enlighten me on this one..............  I don't think so..........
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

41husk

1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Troy

Quote from: hemi68charger on August 10, 2007, 11:11:27 AM
Quote from: Brock Samson on August 10, 2007, 10:12:18 AM

What !!??  and it has a radio?...... come on....... Someone enlighten me on this one..............  I don't think so..........
Keep reading, it has a dealer installed power rear antenna. I have no idea what was available but it's GG approved...  :icon_smile_wink:

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

GeneralLeeTESH

Maybe the HELL-Peg boyz should but it ! Yeeeeeee Haweeee!!!!
:icon_smile_wink:
The TESH

Brock Samson

i read that too Troy, but when was the last time anyone found a charger or any car with an "antenna delete option".
I've been into these Mopars since 1966, and i've never ever heard of a fully loaded car with a premium stereo minus an antenna..
it simply does not add up.  :shruggy:

Chris G.

Quote from: Brock Samson on August 10, 2007, 11:26:29 AM
I've been into these Mopars since 1966, and i've never ever heard of a fully loaded car with a premium stereo minus an antenna..
it simply does not add up.  :shruggy:

The car could have been a radio delete car, which would mean no cutout in the fender for the antenna. Or, it had the fender replaced at some point (probably very early on). I don't care what the write up says. You aren't getting a radio with no antenna on the fender. The dealer installed thing sounds like a story, but whatever.

Call me crazy, but 79K for that car wouldn't be that bad if it truly is the real deal. It would be cool if he had pics of when it was found at the fire house.

ps- Is that a rear sway bar?

Troy

Yes, rear sway bar too. If I could read all that paperwork it would be handy. That car is the only other bronze 68 that I've seen with a white top (mine is the first). The paint is really washed out looking in the pictures but you can see the true color in the trunk and engine bay. It has a black interior though which matches almost all of the other bronze cars (mine and a Hemi car that's local to me have white). That would be a cool one to find but I can't afford to buy it at that price.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

70charger_boy

Quote from: Troy on August 10, 2007, 11:47:04 AM
Yes, rear sway bar too. If I could read all that paperwork it would be handy. That car is the only other bronze 68 that I've seen with a white top (mine is the first). The paint is really washed out looking in the pictures but you can see the true color in the trunk and engine bay. It has a black interior though which matches almost all of the other bronze cars (mine and a Hemi car that's local to me have white). That would be a cool one to find but I can't afford to buy it at that price.

Troy

Troy has no money???  Sell some of those hedge funds :rofl:

MichaelRW

The original owner was a 19 year old dentist? What did he do, graduate from high school at the age of 12.?
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Brock Samson

70charger_boy

I told you guys that ebay seller pureoctaine is full of BS every single car he sells.  As a matter of fact, there are a few posts on this site about the cars he was selling

Argos_Chargers

As far as the antenna delete goes, I know that was an option in '66 where the dealer would install an antenna in the rear.  I have a friend who did that with his '66 (not ordered that way) to replicate what he thought was a really cool dealer option
MoPar -- The only way to fly!

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: isn't there a way to ask the seller a question?.

should we pile on?..  :shruggy:

no318

Quote from: Troy on August 10, 2007, 11:47:04 AM

Troy

My 68 RT is (was and will be, currently in primer) turbine bronze with white top, stripe and interior.  Black dash, carpet and console. 

I really think this is an attractive car, but there are a few too many ????'s for my liking.  (And, I agree, I can't afford it.)  USUALLY where there smoke there is fire.

squeakfinder

Looking at the rear view of the car.

There is an antenna on the dutchman panel, passenger side, :scope:

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

JimShine

What about the gas tank? It has the original straps with the undercoating on them, but the tank along the straps is clean. The original tanks I have had the undercoating was sprayed in a strip along the straps with the undercoat creating approximately a 1 inch boarder on each side on the tank.

konigcharger

Quote from: Argos_Chargers on August 10, 2007, 03:07:34 PM
As far as the antenna delete goes, I know that was an option in '66 where the dealer would install an antenna in the rear.  I have a friend who did that with his '66 (not ordered that way) to replicate what he thought was a really cool dealer option

it was an option on 71 Cuda's the GG signed off on this one

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

69bronzeT5

It says "THAT HAS BEEN IN STORAGE SINCE 1971" and "UNTIL 1971 WHEN AFTER PURCHASING SOME OTHER VEHICLES THE CAR WAS PLACED IN STORAGE AT A FIRE HOUSE UNTIL DISCOVERED DECADES LATER AS AN UNDISTURBED SLEEPING BEAUTY FULL OF DUST,"

but yet he also states "2 MAGAZINES" which look pretty damn recent...late 90s/early 2000s? and "CAR HAS BEEN ON DISPLAY ON BEHALF OF MOPAR AT NUMEROUS EVENTS".

How can the car be in storage since 71 but yet be in shows and magazines? Call me stupid but I find something fishy about that :shruggy:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic