News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

help !

Started by charger1, September 02, 2007, 06:56:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger1

hello to all my mopar brothers and sisters,

i have a 70 charger R/T with a 440 4bbl.  the carb is a holley and i have a problem with the idle.  the idle will float beween 900 and about 1200 no matter how many times i have adjusted it.  anyone have any suggestions. 

thanks

Charger-Bodie

prolly need more info on the gines build(cam intake comp. etc) but possibly a vaccum leak?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

aifilaw

I have to say that 90% of the time when I hear this problem, its because one of the vacuum ports on the base of the carb is open either from a line falling off,  or a cap missing because of age and drying out, cracking, and breaking off, or otherwise.

Not saying this is your problem, but this is the first thing I would check if I were you while you give us more information and check on the easy stuff....
like spraying an unlit propane torch on the base to find a vacuum leak, or having the idle circuit on the carb not functional due to a need for a rebuild of it.
'72 B5 Metallic Blue Hardtop
426" Wedge - Hydraulic Roller Stealth heads

charger1

thank you i will give it a try.

dukeboy_318

1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.